Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Landry Fields

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I think you're giving too much credit to Fields as far as his D goes. I think his D has been HORRIBLE the last few games. It seems as though he doesn't know where to be on the court, he can't get around screens and he's not fast enough to cover the key while still guarding the 3. On top of that he almost gave up the game winner today... He has a lot of problems to fix and they start with his CONFIDENCE! Until he gets that back he might as well not play.
    YOU NAILED IT MY FRIEND...he needs a sports PSYCHOLOGIST to help him restore his CONFIDENCE. His first missed FREE THROW at the close was a clear case of CHOKING. Thank God he hit the second one. He's back to aiming the ball and after that one good game he's back to LANDRY FEARFUL.

At this point Field's value has plummeted so much.. id be surprised if he got us anything more than a bag of doritos in a trade..

Keep him. His individual stats may not be convincing (although scoring should not be his concern) and he might seem awkwardly out of sync on court, but his +/- rating are still remarkable in most nights. Keep him. He will be alright. Many players go through this in their sophomore season. Look at Evans' numbers last year or look at John Wall's numbers this season.

Superstar

Wow!!Any time a guys not playing well you guys try to trade him?3 days ago ya'll were trying to trade STAT,now he's playing well and every one's quiet, please people be patient.Let's be happy shump is play good, and fields has time to find his game again, remember the guy lead all guards in REBS as a rookie.

Originally Posted by NYK 33 TaVe
    We should trade Landry Fields while he still has some value and teams judge him from early last year. The guy is terrible he can't hit the corner three which seems to be where he stands the entire game and makes boneheaded decisions. I don't understand how this happened early last year he appeared to have the best basketball IQ on the team.
    this is where the emotional threads get out of hand....fields missed 4 shots last night, making 2 of them, 5 rebs, 5 assists a steal and only 1 turnover. Amare and Melo went 11 for 43 combined. You talk about the corner three and fields didnt even attempt a 3 last night. As a team we only fired 10 threes all night....way to coach em up Dantoni. lol.

i guess the bulls should trade luol deng after his 4 pt 5 reb game shootin 2-12 last night too then? you guys are idiots......u think we gonna put fields mixed with garbage and well get back gold? not happening...fields is a growing young star who will be a starter in this league for a long time. #TeamFields
    When fields scores 10+ pts, knicks win

Im for this as well.. part of the reason i really wanted to land crawford back here.. an experienced 2 that can hit from range and flow with an offence.. we saw feilds disapear when melo got here.. because he is a slashing type garbage bucket guard who has no place near the paint now with the addition of chandler so his role now is to sitt outside and wait for a kickout and shoot.. he is not that kind of player.. nor is he good enough to create his own shot. i would gladly package him and douglas to get a viable 2 here or better PG option.. id even be happy with having Novak at the 2 sitting in the corner cuz that man is cold blooded from 3.. and this would be us after blowing the nuggets

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toons
    i guess the bulls should trade luol deng after his 4 pt 5 reb game shootin 2-12 last night too then? you guys are idiots......u think we gonna put fields mixed with garbage and well get back gold? not happening...fields is a growing young star who will be a starter in this league for a long time. #TeamFields
    When fields scores 10+ pts, knicks win
    It is almost comical to read this bull**** everyday lmao Toons! I don't know how I have made it on this board 3 years with all the crap that is wrote here. But hey this is the internet fellas.

Regarding Fields if we trade him what are you hoping we get back? D Howard or CP3 right.. How about Lebron James or DWade. Every player on your team can't be a star , you have to have role players / spot starters around 1 or 2 star players to make your "team". Keep going to Real Gm for your rumors!

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    At this point Field's value has plummeted so much.. id be surprised if he got us anything more than a bag of doritos in a trade..
    I was thinking the same thing.

Default Fools Folds

yeah, but who's gonna fold the laundry?

admittedly, Mrs. Fields' rookie cookies went cold since the Melo trade, but he
    was overshadowed by the immensity of a new superstar being thrown in the
    fold (!) combined with a rook hitting the wall in Antoni's short rotation.

this year he's had even less time to grow accustomed to new teammates, but
    his hustle is still there, he's doing the little things it takes to win, and it's not
    like his shot has disappeared, he just lost some confidence. that shall return.

if anything, he needs to be supported and played so his trade value goes up,
    and THEN let's see if it makes sense end at trade deadline. just too early to
    pass judgement.

Laundry is a young, smart cat who can be a great bench player if not a
    significant starter, this thread is yet another overreaction to preseasonal
    pubescent problematic presumptions.

Veteran

If you can trade him for a guy like Courtney Lee, do it but let's not give him away or give up on him yet. He shouldn't be starting though, when BD starts playing move Shump to the 2 and let BD play the PG.

since melo only had 13 points in the game vs the pistons we shud trade him he wasnt producing what he should've been producing TRADE HIMMM....

everyone get what i did there? shut the fck up about trading players no ones getting traded they just need time to find out there roles on the team feilds' role is obv not at the starting sg position but they'll figure that out as time goes on

Originally Posted by DrB
    YOU NAILED IT MY FRIEND...he needs a sports PSYCHOLOGIST to help him restore his CONFIDENCE. His first missed FREE THROW at the close was a clear case of CHOKING. Thank God he hit the second one. He's back to aiming the ball and after that one good game he's back to LANDRY FEARFUL.
    His confidence really does suck. But to clarify I don't think we should try to trade him now...

I do think we need to pick up another SG up to replace him as the starter for the time being and let him slowly learn the ropes all over again. Right now, he's just not fitting in our system and it shows on the court!
    Last edited by KingofNy; Jan 10, 2012 at 14:50.

Banned

The Knicks have to hold on to Fields. He's young and somewhat valuable. If we ever need to make a big deal, he will come in handy. He's very streaky but it seems as if he's reluctant to take the 3 ball this year.

Read More: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]