My Mvp So Far Is...

Red

TYPE-A
26.1s066.Tyson1--300x300.jpg

Yo, this dude Tyson Chandler is getting it in! 11 & 8 with almost 2 blocks per. Invaluable.

I love Shumpert (no homo), and if memory serves me correct i asked for:

1. Get a big man
2. Fire 'Antoni

But so far I can't complain about Tyson that's what we needed. Haven't had legit size (no homo) in like mad years... shit feels weird. Blocks, dunks, picks, alleys, free throws... yeah I'm at least pleased with him.

Check it out

THE GOOD: Iman Shumpert. The rookie made several electrifying plays in his first start at point guard at Madison Square Garden. But even better than that, he did a solid job running the Knicks' offense. He finished with 16 points, 6 rebounds, four assists and three steals.

He found Tyson Chandler for an alley-oop off of a pick and roll twice. He converted two steals in the Charlotte backcourt to dunks, one an electrifying finish with Boris Diaw trailing the play.

Shumpert, though, left the floor with under two minutes to play with cramps, according to the Knicks. We will have an update on this after the game.

BALANCED EFFORT ON OFFENSE: The Knicks had five players score more than 16 points. Amare Stoudemire had 25 and Tyson Chandler was the definition of efficiency. The 7-1 center had 20 points on 7-of-8 shooting. Carmelo Anthony finished with 22 and struggled from the floor, missing 12 of 18 shots. Stoudemire made just seven of his 25 attempts but had 11 from the line. The Knicks had 40 free-throw attempts; the Bobcats had just 15.

Chandler, by the way, also had three blocks and 13 rebounds, giving the Knicks the kind of dominant performance they' hoped for when signing him to a four-year $58 million contract.

and now that Imax is starting we can't find someone to score off the bench.

WTF? With Laundry, Walker, TD, Bibby, Jorts, Balkman, Lin, Jordan, and Novak...

we still need scoring?

THE BAD: One negative impact of moving Shumpert to the starting five is its impact on the Knicks' bench scoring. Mike D'Antoni's club got just 3 points from the bench on Monday. Douglas had two points on 1-of-5 shooting and Bill Walker went scoreless.

If it aint one thing it's a-motherf*cking-nother!

Chandler for Knick co-MVP, with Melo. If it wasn't for them we might be o for.

Chandler is my man (no homo).

His attitude is so NYK, I bet he bleeds blue and orange :thumbsup:

His leadership justifies his big contract. His stats really are only a part of the whole.

The best thing about Chandler: He doesn't make silly mistakes or jack up bad shots.

Red

TYPE-A
Here I was thinking it would be D'Antoni.

That's not happening. As long as we ignore 'antoni and score inside out we should be good.

In 'anotni's defense, I did see him remind them they had a foul to give... maybe they ignored that too?
:shrug:

Last edited:

TakMan

Rotation player
It's a bit messed up really. I've enjoyed watching this team play over the last couple of games (most quarters). If their revival has nothing to do with the coach, then why were the players not demonstrating this degree of seriousness in games gone by? Blame should be distributed to both coach and players as they have clearly demonstrated they can play far better than they did against the Raptors and the Bobcats (1st game). Why then did they not?

Still, got to acknowledge that they've significantly picked it up in the past couple of games.

Shumpert has been outstanding thus far. Then we're still waiting on Davis to return......

Aint looking that bad.