Please make the CASE for the KNICKS if possible

DrB

Benchwarmer
Gentlemen, As I look at the standings in the EASTERN CONFERENCE...with the very strong South East and the much weaker Northeast and Central Divisions the Knicks are in 7th place behind MIAMI, CHICAGO, PHILADELPHIA, ATLANTA, INDIANA, and ORLANDO.
Not what can be, but what do you see in the first 9 to 10 games of those teams mentioned are currently better than the Knicks? What prompts me to ask is I wonder if I got to overly optimistic after the Chandler aquisition.

Last edited:

Sage

Rotation player
A couple games ago we weren't even in the top 8.

There's signs of life in this team, but it's incomplete. The backcourt needs an upgrade but if everyone is healthy for the playoffs I think it's workable.

Still predicting at least the second round with a possible trip to the east finals. In all honestly I think we match up on Miami better than Chicago so if we face them in the second round we might be ok.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
A couple games ago we weren't even in the top 8.

There's signs of life in this team, but it's incomplete. The backcourt needs an upgrade but if everyone is healthy for the playoffs I think it's workable.

Still predicting at least the second round with a possible trip to the east finals. In all honestly I think we match up on Miami better than Chicago so if we face them in the second round we might be ok.

We still need to wait and see how our team matches up with those 7 that are above us. The first test is tomorrow in Philadelphia.

Kiyaman

Legend
Gentlemen, As I look at the standings in the EASTERN CONFERENCE...with the very strong South East and the much weaker Northeast and Central Divisions the Knicks are in 7th place behind MIAMI, CHICAGO, PHILADELPHIA, ATLANTA, INDIANA, and ORLANDO.
Not what can be, but what do you see in the first 9 to 10 games of those teams mentioned are currently better than the Knicks? What prompts me to ask is I wonder if I got to overly optimistic after the Chandler aquisition.

We have 4 straight games -vs- different playoff teams....76ers, Grizz, OKC, and Magic.
How well do Stat & Melo hold-down the defensive-end of the court?
Stat & Melo do not switch or comunicate with Fields on the defense.
All 4 of our next oponents will run a three-guard offense vs our Iso-Knicks.

Lastseason Brand got his confidence back after scoring 30 points on Stat for a win.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
We still need to wait and see how our team matches up with those 7 that are above us. The first test is tomorrow in Philadelphia.

Idk honestly im not feeling too confident about tommorows game against the 76ers, but obviously we got 3 stars who can do damage i just hope they realize tommorow is going to be the toughest game yet and that they can be on there A game.

If the knicks win, itll be a huge confidence booster, and itll show the world tgat the knicks are on the right track

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Philly matchup somewhat compelling as they currently sit ahead of us in the Atlantic, but I think it's too early to take too much. Beating Philly isn't that big of a statement to me, and likewise losing not that great a disaster. We need as many wins as we can get regardless of opponent, the last month of the year I'll be more concerned with looking better than other playoff bound teams, but for now I care more that we are playing better than Philly in May than in January. Of course I agree with wanting to well in these games, I want to be good now, but I want to peak at the right time

tiger0330

Legend
Philly matchup somewhat compelling as they currently sit ahead of us in the Atlantic, but I think it's too early to take too much. Beating Philly isn't that big of a statement to me, and likewise losing not that great a disaster. We need as many wins as we can get regardless of opponent, the last month of the year I'll be more concerned with looking better than other playoff bound teams, but for now I care more that we are playing better than Philly in May than in January. Of course I agree with wanting to well in these games, I want to be good now, but I want to peak at the right time
It's early in the season but Philly has the best point differential of anybody in the league including Miami. 76'ers have an eyepopping +14 points scored/points against stat. A win against Philly will be a big confidence booster for the team, we have not been dominant to say the least and need to show that offensive fire power off along with playing solid D against a good team.