Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Clydes NY legend status enough to ignore his idiocy?

Veteran

Clyde is very knowledgeable on basketball...he's almost 100% right whenever he points out one of the team's deficiencies

Clyde is a classy commentator hands down. I'd rather to listen to his corny rhymes as opposed to listening to charles barkley utter that the knicks are looking churrible. i heard chuck broadcast a game the other night and he said that shaqs beard is nappy & that he needed some green grease to untangle it. what a buffoon. hahahaha

Originally Posted by diddy_nyc
    Clyde is a classy commentator hands down. I'd rather to listen to his corny rhymes as opposed to listening to charles barkley utter that the knicks are looking churrible. i heard chuck broadcast a game the other night and he said that shaqs beard is nappy & that he needed some green grease to untangle it. what a buffoon. hahahaha
    The nappy beard and grease comment was funny though lol. Classic Charles.

Aside from his choice words, Clyde does a good job of commentating and is usually right when pointing out problems on the court. He's also not an idiot like Breen.

Now for the Breen bashing:

This guy (Breen) gets on my nerves sometimes. How many times has he called someone "the nicest guy in the league"? He also doesn't understand that when players are competing hard and when they get a bad call they most likely will react. He feels that everyone should just walk away... really? So you think its that easy Breen? He also gives excuses for guys way too much. He also acts like he knows eveyone personally with comments like "he's not the type of guy to..."

Breen is just a tool sometimes. The end

Rant is over....... go away now.

Superstar

Default Clyde

I no longer live in New York and watch the games via NBA League Pass. Often the feed for the Knicks game is from the opposition team. You have to listen to some of the other commentators to appreciate Clyde. Granted his rhyming and vocabulary can be corny but they are part of a harmless trademark. He is always insightful. I would not trade him for anyone else.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Clyde's the man. He's like a word of the day calender. He's a legend intelligent and entertaining. He's my favorite commentator.

Superstar

I can't watch a game without Clyde, case and point, i tried to watch a knicks game on TNT one time, and had to turn back to MSG because i'm so used to Clyde.The mans a legend.The only other guys i considered good were Mark Jackson and Jeff Vangundy, those guys were hilarious together, brutally honest and not homers.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I can't watch a game without Clyde, case and point, i tried to watch a knicks game on TNT one time, and had to turn back to MSG because i'm so used to Clyde.The mans a legend.
    I wish I had that option brother. When your out of market your stuck with what they "feed" you.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

IMO, the greatest guards of all time on both sizes of the floor, elite color commentator.

His swag can't be touched. His knowledge on the game is excellent.

Yeah I've actually seen fans of other teams for our opponents post in forums that they got the MSG feed but actually thought our guys were pretty good and fair about observations

Your thread was an unequivocal fail. Obviously your ubiquitous hate of clyde would go down in flames on a Knicks forum.

First Starks, now Clyde???

Worst Thread of 2012!!!

Way to go!!!!

Originally Posted by Throwback33
    This post may make some die hards upset or call it blasphemy but god damn im so sick of listening to His forced unclever rhyme cliches and his S.A.T word toilet paper he spews every chance he gets.. Its as bad a Dennis Miller was for MnF.. Posting and Toasting.. Dishing and Swishing.. Amre looking Omnipitent to the hole? what?? How amny times has said Neophyte in the last two games?? idk Its just gettin obnoxious and id rather have an experienced player who actually adds insight and color to the broadcast instead of words most people dont even know and rhyming commentary every chance he gets with a smug smile like he just inveted something an average 10 year old couldnt come up with.. flame on!!

No need for folks who disagree with you to roast YOU. My take is I get YOU...however, most announcers do not have the knowlegde to do this game dissection like someone who played...I can't stand HUBIE BROWN who looks to agrandize himself.

For no DEFENSE when opposing players are uncontested or making easy layups Clyde saying MARTADOR D beats my cursing at home....

or his analyasis of "they are standing around".....or

"No flow to their game now"......or

Poor pass into the passing lanes led to thar steal......or

You must see the ball and your man similtaneously.....or

he's playing defense with his arms instead of his feet.....or
    that "one on one stuff won't win games"

so I put up with "bounding and astounding", etc.

I Get you, but I get Clyde who to me was the greatest Knick of all time...great defense got him his nickname PS..the D'Antoni haters here know CLYDE would be a better coach....lol
    Last edited by DrB; Jan 10, 2012 at 17:57.