Nate Robinson

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Haha yeah the D'Antoni hate is strong in this thread!

I'm no fan of him and I want him gone, and true we wouldn't sign Nate with him in charge after last time, but still Nate has great nights one game in 10 and the rest he's just as bad as any of our backcourt.

Get out of my head, smokes.

petescud

Starter
Without Nate, The Warriors lose to the Heat last night as well. Sure he is inconsistant, but he does fire up his team mates, which is something we don't have here now. His energy in last nights game was a sight to see. He even abused LeBron on a few drives to the basket, as well as locked up the OT win with his steal and clutch 3's...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Nate being a clone of Douglas?????

Look, Nate's not perfect, he's inconsistent, but if you think Lin was a better choice than you're crazy. You people think it would have been bad because he would have done this and that while playing for us again, keyword: playing. He would be in our line-up because he's better than Douglas.

And what's with this chucking stuff you say about him? A lot of the game I saw last night was him passing it off. I don't know what you guys want. I guess you want guys with no emotion and not have a REPUTATION of being a ballhog. I guess Amar'e is a ballhog too right? He takes shots much crazier than Nate and often!

Him disrupting chemistry? Riiiight. We've been really kicking ass this season.

p0nder

Starter
While Nate is a great athlete, he's not a great or consistent basketball player yet. As others mentioned, Nate had games where he dropped 40 points for us, but then had games where he'd be way off, try to do too much, be a distraction. On average with the Knicks 1 in 4 games were great efforts like you saw against Miami. The other 3 were stinkers and he hurt this team more then helped. Perhaps with Curry hurting Nate can step up for that team and be a consistent guy. But as a Knicks fan, I can't see bringing him in here over anyone aside from maybe Lin being a good call.

Toney D will be better when he can get back to his natural role of bench guy. Fields will also be better when he is overachieving energy guy coming in for Melo at SF. Shumpert is miles ahead in terms of ability and maturity and is on par in athleticism.

Also, every time nate goes off like this his asking price goes up. I'm not willing to pay through the nose for what is a bench role player that gives you good games 25% of the time.

Personally I like Nate and i would have liked to see him succeed with our team, but it wasn;t working out and we needed to make room for guys like shump, b.diddy, amar'e, melo and tyson chandler. Nate is not on the same level as those players.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
While Nate is a great athlete, he's not a great or consistent basketball player yet. As others mentioned, Nate had games where he dropped 40 points for us, but then had games where he'd be way off, try to do too much, be a distraction. On average with the Knicks 1 in 4 games were great efforts like you saw against Miami. The other 3 were stinkers and he hurt this team more then helped. Perhaps with Curry hurting Nate can step up for that team and be a consistent guy. But as a Knicks fan, I can't see bringing him in here over anyone aside from maybe Lin being a good call.

Toney D will be better when he can get back to his natural role of bench guy. Fields will also be better when he is overachieving energy guy coming in for Melo at SF. Shumpert is miles ahead in terms of ability and maturity and is on par in athleticism.

Also, every time nate goes off like this his asking price goes up. I'm not willing to pay through the nose for what is a bench role player that gives you good games 25% of the time.

Personally I like Nate and i would have liked to see him succeed with our team, but it wasn;t working out and we needed to make room for guys like shump, b.diddy, amar'e, melo and tyson chandler. Nate is not on the same level as those players.
We wouldn't have though if we picked him up a couple or so weeks ago.

p0nder

Starter
Is he better then Lin? Probably. But we've been down the road before with this "project" player. I can't really fault management for going in a different direction when we know exactly what we'll get from Nate on this team: 1/4 games of good play and 3/4 games of crap, in between a ton of DNP-CD's. At least Lin is a PG-facilitator more then scorer, which is really what we need.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm glad Nate is getting a chance under the tutelage of Mark Jackson. He's a better coach for him. Will not break his confidence while being constructive AND will let him play through mistakes as needed.

I might get crucified for this, but I actually really think that CHris Duhon would make a very good backup PG for us now.

Baron as the starter, Shump starts at the 2 and Duhon/Bibby as backup PGs.
Duhon is actually pretty good at the pick and roll, did it well with David Lee, Amar'e would thrive under Duhon and dunk weak interior defenses out of the building....

He was/is a decent defender too, that Duhon guy.

I'm not saying we should trade for him, that would be insane, but if he becomes available any time soon, we should claim him off waivers.

CoolClyde

I might get crucified for this, but I actually really think that CHris Duhon would make a very good backup PG for us now.

Duhon is actually pretty good at the pick and roll, did it well with David Lee, Amar'e would thrive under Duhon and dunk weak interior defenses out of the building....

I'm not saying we should trade for him, that would be insane, but if he becomes available any time soon, we should claim him off waivers.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
pringle_houndlove.gif

bsflag.gif

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

If I wasn't such a nice guy I would neg. rep. you for this.

smokes

Huge Member

You are gonna get crucified because no matter whether Duhon can dish the ball or not his shooting is so terrible he is not even a threat. It's not really going to help the offense flow more because you don't need to guard him for a shot. Duhon/Lee was our only option in 2008-10 but they both had to work stupidly hard to get points on the board.

No way to Duhon.

Haha I knew this was supposed to end like this :teeth:

Anyway, forget Duhound, we're genuinely aight with Davis, Shump and Bibby at the PG spot, but for christ's sake, I can't stand Toney Douglas at the PG spot anymore!!!!

Everytime he gets subbed in, the offense (which functions pretty aight with Shump at the point) turns into a bucketload of shit....

I honestly don't know how he became a first round pick, he's too small for a SG and has ZERO playmaking ability as a PG.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nate Robinson has was released by OKC. Nobody picked him up.
I guess that Dantonio's fault as well that no other team in the NBA see's Nates Value like some of the guys on this board.....

OKC had PG-Westbrook & PG-Manor....
PG-Manor wouldve started for alot of teams last year. Manor going down with
injury for the season a few weeks after releasing Nate has to be hurting OKC
management.

Nate Robinson combo energy is better than all the guards we have on our roster....
:thumbsup:
Mark Jackson shouldve been made the Knicks headcoach in 2008 so we couldve
kept our star role-players Nate/W.Chandler/David Lee, plus find away to utilize
Zach 20-10 performance, and Crawford peremeter shooting to raise their trade
value or make them keepers untill a later date.
Mark Jackson & Patrick Ewing were the prime coaches we needed to develope
our young-players and no-effort veteran players into becoming a playoff team
in the 2008-9 season to get value in our trades, rather than give away future
draft picks.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
Firing Dantoni....then signing Nate Robinson to start alongside of Baron Davis, plus
having a guard rotation of TD/Fields/Shump coming off the bench for this tight
66 game schedual wouldve eliminated all the Knicks backcourt problems.

KBlack25

Starter
Mentioning this cancerous clown as a guy we should sign immediately detracts from any credibility you might have had in my eyes.