Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nate Robinson

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    And now, the sorcerer of gay will make a homosexual, winged dinosaur appear out of thin air, And for his final act of gayness, he will direct you to *this* thread, which exposes one more the anti-MDA movement veering further off the edge of sanity and into rabid fantasy, more whack and weird than a gay, winged dinosaur could ever be.

Blaming D'antoni for what players we do and don't sign.....And that player being David Lee, to boot...

@ that post, seven ways to Sunday. The irony in calling D'antoni "dumb" in the same sentence that blames him for us not signing David Lee....in the off-season we signed Amare...while David Lee flourished *under* MDA...is extraordinary.

And this idea that D'antoni screwed over the NYK because somehow Nate Robinson isn't the NYK 6th man right now?

Why are we even discussing Nate Robinson? Some more poor man Toney Douglas clones...just what this Knick team needs!

Nate Robinson is a marginal NBA player...a marginal NBA back up at that.

He has never produced for anyone, is on track to continue getting passed around like a joint at a frat house, and has had one ok NBA season....and I'm pretty sure that was the year Mike D'antoni became coach of the NYK, not that that even matters.

Sorry for being so bold, but outside of the first two posts which were standard fare, this thread legit has some of the most stank-assed, undeniably embarassing and pointless posts I've seen on KO in a long, long time.

I actually wouldn't hate to see a new coach get brought in, if for nothing else than to bring back the quality and level of interesting discussions and posts here to a normal level. lol....
    if anything is gay its this post, smh what are you 12?

Superstar

Originally Posted by knickfan2112
    so everyone on here saying we have no bench is saying we cant use robinson right now?
    You guys are out of your minds, put your dislike for the player aside and see that hes quick scoring off the bench and a guy that can break down the defense.
    Hes better than tony douglas not a poor mans tony douglas smh
    I think the point is this team does not need another Toney Douglas. Whether Robinson is a better or worse version of Douglas is irrelevant. The point is they are both clones and the team does not need another distraction to its chemistry. I much prefer having Davis, Bibby, and Shumpert (if necessary as I feel he's more of a 2 player) at the PG spot than Robinson. No more shot chucking players needed.

tony douglas and nate robinson are not clones though... nate robinson is the superior scorer and honestly douglas' D is not at all what i thought and im sure all you guys feel the same.
    the point is were not gonna get it done with our bench scoring 3 points, and if nate can score 20+ on a superior Miami defense in the 2nd Half, i think hes good enough to be on our bench.
    It sounds like you guys like jeremy lin rotting on our bench... hes terrible

Robinson still went 4-12 from the field in the miami game. Do we really need him? My opinion is no.

Superstar

Originally Posted by knickfan2112
    tony douglas and nate robinson are not clones though... nate robinson is the superior scorer and honestly douglas' D is not at all what i thought and im sure all you guys feel the same.
    the point is were not gonna get it done with our bench scoring 3 points, and if nate can score 20+ on a superior Miami defense in the 2nd Half, i think hes good enough to be on our bench.
    It sounds like you guys like jeremy lin rotting on our bench... hes terrible
    We don't require any more scorers (not that Robinson is even that). We need a group of players that compliment each other on the court. If we have Douglas shooting with any chance he gets, Anthony taking 20-30 shots per game, Stoudamire adding another 20, and Robinson on top of that, this will be a nightmare. At the moment the team is gelling, with Anthony learning a thing or two about teamwork, as is Stoudamire. With Davis coming back this should tie up nicely. Why mess it up by adding a ball hogger to the equation?

Originally Posted by smokes
    Haha yeah the D'Antoni hate is strong in this thread!

I'm no fan of him and I want him gone, and true we wouldn't sign Nate with him in charge after last time, but still Nate has great nights one game in 10 and the rest he's just as bad as any of our backcourt.
    Get out of my head, smokes.

Little Nate just killed the Heat last night

Gotta love him, forget about the Boston stint, Nate's our boy

Without Nate, The Warriors lose to the Heat last night as well. Sure he is inconsistant, but he does fire up his team mates, which is something we don't have here now. His energy in last nights game was a sight to see. He even abused LeBron on a few drives to the basket, as well as locked up the OT win with his steal and clutch 3's...

Nate being a clone of Douglas?????

Look, Nate's not perfect, he's inconsistent, but if you think Lin was a better choice than you're crazy. You people think it would have been bad because he would have done this and that while playing for us again, keyword: playing. He would be in our line-up because he's better than Douglas.

And what's with this chucking stuff you say about him? A lot of the game I saw last night was him passing it off. I don't know what you guys want. I guess you want guys with no emotion and not have a REPUTATION of being a ballhog. I guess Amar'e is a ballhog too right? He takes shots much crazier than Nate and often!

Him disrupting chemistry? Riiiight. We've been really kicking ass this season.

While Nate is a great athlete, he's not a great or consistent basketball player yet. As others mentioned, Nate had games where he dropped 40 points for us, but then had games where he'd be way off, try to do too much, be a distraction. On average with the Knicks 1 in 4 games were great efforts like you saw against Miami. The other 3 were stinkers and he hurt this team more then helped. Perhaps with Curry hurting Nate can step up for that team and be a consistent guy. But as a Knicks fan, I can't see bringing him in here over anyone aside from maybe Lin being a good call.

Toney D will be better when he can get back to his natural role of bench guy. Fields will also be better when he is overachieving energy guy coming in for Melo at SF. Shumpert is miles ahead in terms of ability and maturity and is on par in athleticism.

Also, every time nate goes off like this his asking price goes up. I'm not willing to pay through the nose for what is a bench role player that gives you good games 25% of the time.

Personally I like Nate and i would have liked to see him succeed with our team, but it wasn;t working out and we needed to make room for guys like shump, b.diddy, amar'e, melo and tyson chandler. Nate is not on the same level as those players.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    While Nate is a great athlete, he's not a great or consistent basketball player yet. As others mentioned, Nate had games where he dropped 40 points for us, but then had games where he'd be way off, try to do too much, be a distraction. On average with the Knicks 1 in 4 games were great efforts like you saw against Miami. The other 3 were stinkers and he hurt this team more then helped. Perhaps with Curry hurting Nate can step up for that team and be a consistent guy. But as a Knicks fan, I can't see bringing him in here over anyone aside from maybe Lin being a good call.

Toney D will be better when he can get back to his natural role of bench guy. Fields will also be better when he is overachieving energy guy coming in for Melo at SF. Shumpert is miles ahead in terms of ability and maturity and is on par in athleticism.

Also, every time nate goes off like this his asking price goes up. I'm not willing to pay through the nose for what is a bench role player that gives you good games 25% of the time.

Personally I like Nate and i would have liked to see him succeed with our team, but it wasn;t working out and we needed to make room for guys like shump, b.diddy, amar'e, melo and tyson chandler. Nate is not on the same level as those players.
    We wouldn't have though if we picked him up a couple or so weeks ago.

Is he better then Lin? Probably. But we've been down the road before with this "project" player. I can't really fault management for going in a different direction when we know exactly what we'll get from Nate on this team: 1/4 games of good play and 3/4 games of crap, in between a ton of DNP-CD's. At least Lin is a PG-facilitator more then scorer, which is really what we need.

I'm glad Nate is getting a chance under the tutelage of Mark Jackson. He's a better coach for him. Will not break his confidence while being constructive AND will let him play through mistakes as needed.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    At least Lin is a PG-facilitator more then scorer, which is really what we need.
    Haven't seen much passing from him.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Haven't seen much passing from him.
    Exactly, actually I've never seen him doing anything more than driving to the basket and trying to finish a layup in front of a 7 footer...