Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Melo is Lacking

He need to pace himself, and I felt he is bit slower than when he was in denver.

Originally Posted by shaolin
    Disagree for the most part. Is he less explosive, yes. But he can get to the rim against anyone. He still has a lethal first step amd a very quick release. He needs to pass more and shoot less. 18 to 25 per game. He shot 30+ a few times. And he commits way too many offensive fouls. Silly fouls. He has good court awareness. He shoild average 6+ dimes per.
    Originally Posted by finestrg
    I see what you're saying CA7 -- I'd like to see a few more dunks outta Melo every now and again too (esp. more from Amar'e who's finishing a little too soft early on here imo, at least for him).. Guys evolve I guess, esp. as they continue piling on the mileage.. Not much more to it than that I'm thinking..Again, that dunk after knifing down the middle against Charlotte the other night should convince you he still has it..Plus he's finished on a few alley-oop dunks this yr too...He can still get up...I think guys just get disinterested in that type of stuff as they get older..Maybe that has something to do with it as well..

I know nobody's feeling me on Willie Warren but even with this kid --- saw a youtube interview where he said he's not as interested in the highlight dunk anymore and that kid's 22, 23 yrs old, still trying to impress enough to make the league..Warren in the interview said something like, "nobody wants to see a 6'4" guard dunking the ball." Guys just lose interest in it after awhile...I guess it gets old for them...After a couple of years, Shump will probably feel the same way.
    What I'm saying is he's getting his shot blocked too much because he's not dunking the ball when he's close to the rim. Not for the flash but for easier buckets. He gets his shot blocked so he gets discouraged, then he starts forcing jumpers. I'm just saying if you got a step take off and dunk it no questions asked

Originally Posted by JujuXG
    He need to pace himself, and I felt he is bit slower than when he was in denver.
    Oh he definitely is, Denver Melo '09 and down had crazy athleticism

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

He is lacking the support of a bunch of fickle fake ass " Knicks Fans "

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    He is lacking the support of a bunch of fickle fake ass " Knicks Fans "
    Hope that you don't mind, i copied/pasted your comment on The Knicks Blog, i think that it's a classic response, it deaded this thread, thank you, Peace!

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    Carmelo Anthony is lacking teamwork. He plays too much isolation. He needs to pass the ball more. I think his selfish play is why he usually chokes in the playoffs. He needs to trust his teammates.

He's a great offensive player and rebounder, though.

Melo has yet to co-exist with any of his Knicks teammates....thats what he's
    lacking the most....then again, the Knicks-team is not meshing.

If god, Allah and Jesus Christ played for the Knicks you guys would complain about something. Be happy with what you got for once...

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by carlhil2
    Hope that you don't mind, i copied/pasted your comment on The Knicks Blog, i think that it's a classic response, it deaded this thread, thank you, Peace!
    Nah man that is kool. It is a joke to me honestly. I of course want the Knicks to win a championship while I am alive , but I am not gonna get on a board , facebook, or twitter and bash our best player after every loss. I have never seen a group of fans so quick to turn on its players not even Redskins fans do it this bad and we have been terrible since 1990.

Carmelo Anthony is lacking teamwork. He plays too much isolation. He needs to pass the ball more. I think his selfish play is why he usually chokes in the playoffs. He needs to trust his teammates.
    couldn't have said it better myself

I'm not bashing Melo I'm sayin he doesnt have the explosiveness he once had which made him even more dangerous I love Melo's game and a lot of people are saying he doesnt play D and shoots too much but he's playing great D this year and passing the rock with precision.

I am not a Melo hater if you see my username you'll see that

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    couldn't have said it better myself
    Melo does trust his teammates. Do you not remember two games ago where he hit Jorts in the corner for the 3 to seal the game??? He doesn't trust what? You guys will realize how bad of a coach MDA and staff is when he's fired.

MDA runs NO plays. He makes excuses after every loss. He is o.k. with his team chucking up 30 3's a game. He's o.k. with us consistently chucking up covered shots. He is garbage. Don't blame the players when the system sucks.

Originally Posted by abcd

He's a great offensive player and rebounder, though.

Melo needs a PG to keep the ball out of his hands if it looks like he is being doubled team.....l I mean I've seen Douglas & Shumpert give him the ball because he is asking for it while he is already in double coverage.

The Knicks need a system that can tapper off Melo's need for the ball. Its the reason why not for nothing Phil Jackson might be one of the few coaches out there who can fix the mess the Knicks have.

The Triangle was able to keep in control two of the most clutch Superstars ever in the league. MJ and Kobe honestly deserve the ball in almost every situation including when they're being doubled teamed at the perimeter. Arguably Melo deserves it too because he is just as clutch as those two. However for the Lakers and the Bulls to win the ball couldn't always go to them, because regardless of their ability taking a shot while being doubled team wasn't the smart shot, nor the most likely to get points.

As for the Players yeah obviously the Knicks need an upgrade and Like I have said before. Next year will be the first time the Knicks have something that looks like depth on their Bench (TD not being it I understand but Fields falling apart is the worse story no one is really focusing on). However, regardless of who the Knicks get to surround Melo their needs to be a system that gives them the confidence to not pass the ball to Melo, because if they follow the system they can get themselves a better/easier shot.

The problem is D'antoni's system relies on speed to get open shots to make Hard 3 pt shots easier due to lack of ready defenders. Right now the knicks are playing Half Court because they have the personnel for it. However, no body is fighting for that easier shot. There are no quick passes to moving shooters. Its pass it to a star.... maybe try a lob.... wait on the perimeter for the 3 pointer.

Amare falling apart is due to PG play limiting his ability to get to the lane and his shot not falling. Tyson has actually played well. I thought he was the fourth/fifth best center in the League before he played here and he's played like it.

2 Stars aren't enough to do it. You could argue a smart PG is enough and it will help, but thats not going to fix issues when teams start playing the passing lane around the PG, or when one of the stars is having a bad shooting night. They need a system to help the role players make the smart decision around the Knicks stars and make the smart shot.

Came here to say what WarGames said...the answer is a point guard. - Stat might be lacking something more on the other hand