What Melo is Lacking

LeFlume

All Star
If god, Allah and Jesus Christ played for the Knicks you guys would complain about something. Be happy with what you got for once...

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Hope that you don't mind, i copied/pasted your comment on The Knicks Blog, i think that it's a classic response, it deaded this thread, thank you, Peace!:afro:

Nah man that is kool. It is a joke to me honestly. I of course want the Knicks to win a championship while I am alive , but I am not gonna get on a board , facebook, or twitter and bash our best player after every loss. I have never seen a group of fans so quick to turn on its players not even Redskins fans do it this bad and we have been terrible since 1990.:gony:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony is lacking teamwork. He plays too much isolation. He needs to pass the ball more. I think his selfish play is why he usually chokes in the playoffs. He needs to trust his teammates.

couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm not bashing Melo I'm sayin he doesnt have the explosiveness he once had which made him even more dangerous I love Melo's game and a lot of people are saying he doesnt play D and shoots too much but he's playing great D this year and passing the rock with precision.

I am not a Melo hater if you see my username you'll see that

KingofNy

Starter
couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

Melo does trust his teammates. Do you not remember two games ago where he hit Jorts in the corner for the 3 to seal the game??? He doesn't trust what? You guys will realize how bad of a coach MDA and staff is when he's fired.

MDA runs NO plays. He makes excuses after every loss. He is o.k. with his team chucking up 30 3's a game. He's o.k. with us consistently chucking up covered shots. He is garbage. Don't blame the players when the system sucks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Carmelo Anthony is lacking teamwork. He plays too much isolation. He needs to pass the ball more. I think his selfish play is why he usually chokes in the playoffs. He needs to trust his teammates.

He's a great offensive player and rebounder, though.

:agreed:.........

Wargames

Starter
Melo needs a PG to keep the ball out of his hands if it looks like he is being doubled team.....l I mean I've seen Douglas & Shumpert give him the ball because he is asking for it while he is already in double coverage.

The Knicks need a system that can tapper off Melo's need for the ball. Its the reason why not for nothing Phil Jackson might be one of the few coaches out there who can fix the mess the Knicks have.

The Triangle was able to keep in control two of the most clutch Superstars ever in the league. MJ and Kobe honestly deserve the ball in almost every situation including when they're being doubled teamed at the perimeter. Arguably Melo deserves it too because he is just as clutch as those two. However for the Lakers and the Bulls to win the ball couldn't always go to them, because regardless of their ability taking a shot while being doubled team wasn't the smart shot, nor the most likely to get points.

As for the Players yeah obviously the Knicks need an upgrade and Like I have said before. Next year will be the first time the Knicks have something that looks like depth on their Bench (TD not being it I understand but Fields falling apart is the worse story no one is really focusing on). However, regardless of who the Knicks get to surround Melo their needs to be a system that gives them the confidence to not pass the ball to Melo, because if they follow the system they can get themselves a better/easier shot.

The problem is D'antoni's system relies on speed to get open shots to make Hard 3 pt shots easier due to lack of ready defenders. Right now the knicks are playing Half Court because they have the personnel for it. However, no body is fighting for that easier shot. There are no quick passes to moving shooters. Its pass it to a star.... maybe try a lob.... wait on the perimeter for the 3 pointer.

Amare falling apart is due to PG play limiting his ability to get to the lane and his shot not falling. Tyson has actually played well. I thought he was the fourth/fifth best center in the League before he played here and he's played like it.

2 Stars aren't enough to do it. You could argue a smart PG is enough and it will help, but thats not going to fix issues when teams start playing the passing lane around the PG, or when one of the stars is having a bad shooting night. They need a system to help the role players make the smart decision around the Knicks stars and make the smart shot.