Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Emergency Knicks-76ers Game Thread

Superstar

3 Main points I took from this game.

1. We desperately needed a PG (If Bibby was playing the Knicks would have closed this game far earlier)

2. Doulgas needs to be benched for a very very very very very very very looooooooooooooooong time. I'm starting to entertain the thought that he has no brain matter inside his head.

3. Chandler wasn't utilised at all contrary to previous games. As a center with so much physical prowess, he can add and has added another dimension to the offence.

Still, I never really worried about losing this one. There was an air of confidence instilled in this game. Something I haven't felt in years when watching the Knicks.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Good game we win. Its funny reading some of this **** keep ya day job.

Veteran

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The Knicks really messed it up towards the end of the fourth quarter. This team has still yet to show that it can really close out games...the turnovers in the 4th quarter were painful to watch. A win is a win, though.

That being said I do have to point attention to one thing - the Knicks, in this game, did not win by relying on exclusively scoring. They did not simply win by outscoring the opponent with high shot volume. They played defense and they got stops and forced turnovers. They OUTREBOUNDED the other team (which is something that never happens), we had good rebounding from MTA and Shumpert finally is seeing the fruits of his crappy shot selection - some of the shots he chucked up in the 4th quarter were painful.

That being said, I think the Knicks can take away a lot from this game. Namely how to better utilize STAT at his fullest extent - the guy was a MONSTER tonight...10 boards, 20 points on 57% shooting...
    Monster ? easy does it...9 out of 10 rebounds were easy defensive rebounds with nobody near him.

Veteran

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The Knicks really messed it up towards the end of the fourth quarter. This team has still yet to show that it can really close out games...the turnovers in the 4th quarter were painful to watch. A win is a win, though.

That being said I do have to point attention to one thing - the Knicks, in this game, did not win by relying on exclusively scoring. They did not simply win by outscoring the opponent with high shot volume. They played defense and they got stops and forced turnovers. They OUTREBOUNDED the other team (which is something that never happens), we had good rebounding from MTA and Shumpert finally is seeing the fruits of his crappy shot selection - some of the shots he chucked up in the 4th quarter were painful.

That being said, I think the Knicks can take away a lot from this game. Namely how to better utilize STAT at his fullest extent - the guy was a MONSTER tonight...10 boards, 20 points on 57% shooting...
    I am with u on everthing u mention, but I cant get the final 9 minutes of the
    Knicks poor coach/players decision-making out of my vision to a 76ers team
    playing their 5th game in 6 days without their starting double-rebounding center....
    Hawes.

Im liking the idea of us being on a 4-game winning streak....but my confidence-
    level of us being a winning playoff-team is not there after watching us beat
    our previous 4 oponents.
    Im not happy with the small rotation, with our bench players being DNP so
    our starters could keep "trying" to get some chemistry amongst each other
    for 35 minutes per game.