Iman should start when Davis returns

smokes

Huge Member
After watching the last few Knicks games where the second unit completely fails to have any kind of cohesive offensive plan, I think we should stick with the starters we have now.

Use Baron Davis off the bench when Melo and Shump sit down to keep the offense flowing. A Baron Davis/Amare combo with complimentary players goes a lot better than having all 3 of them out there at once I reckon.

Obviously we will mix and match but I think Amare/Melo will always need either Baron or Shump on the floor to keep things running smooth.

Starting 5

Iman
Fields
Melo
Stat
Chandler

Second Unit

Baron
Douglas
Walker
Melo
Jorts

or

Baron
Douglas
Walker
Stat
Jorts

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
unfortunately,you can always count on d'antoni to not do what the fans want dont be surprised is u see

baron
shump
melo
stat
chandler

second quarter
TD
Feilds
Bill Walker/Balkman (i really wish he would just play balkman for rebounding dedense and hustle)
Stat
Jeffries/Jorts depending on what our needs are at the time

we just have to pray TD gets his shit together and feilds' shot gets better if anything d'antoni will put shump back in mid 2nd quarter which wont be to bad

to end the 2nd:
shump (hopefully they rest davis)
feilds
melo
stat
chandler

TakMan

Rotation player
Shumpert is not a PG and should play at the 2 as a starter.

Davis
Shumpert
Anthony
Stoudamire
Chandler

sounds good to me.

2nd Unit

Bibby
Fields/Walker
Balkman
Jeffries/Novak
Harrelson

Danilo

Benchwarmer
I agree... I think he'll move Fields to the bench though. Fields, whatever anyone on this site might think about his overall ability, plays best as the 4th or 5th option. He had 4 points tonight, and if he plays his game right he should have more points exactly like those every night. Taking what the D is giving. I think Baron should come in when Carmelo comes out. Tyson can play with any lineup. So can Jorts. Stat can too, but Stat and Melo should never both be out unless its garbage time.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I think Shump should move to the bench when B-Diddy is back. Shump can be our 6th man energizer off the bench. Our bench stinks!!! Iman is a really energetic player that can lead the 2nd unit charge. Plus, while on the bench, he can read the offense and see what needs to be done when its his time to shine. I see him develop more in this role than being a starter. Being the 6th man, he can have more freedom with his shots when STAT & Melo are on the bench. :2cents:

Red

TYPE-A

Davis
Shumpert
Anthony
Stoudamire
Chandler

sounds good to me.

2nd Unit

Bibby
Fields/Walker
Balkman
Jeffries/Novak
Harrelson

Ok! I've heard enough...

What the f*ck are you talking about? :shrug:

He was drafted as a PG. Played PG in college. Didn't even have a reliable outside shot, although he's been working on it.

And during this streak, the one which we finally are winning with defense, we are undefeated with Imax Shump Shump

Running the point!!!!!

Hello!!!

Wake the f*ck up!

Stop the 'Antoni trying to turn everyone into a shooter nonsense. Please!

TakMan

Rotation player
Ok! I've heard enough...

What the f*ck are you talking about? :shrug:

He was drafted as a PG. Played PG in college. Didn't even have a reliable outside shot, although he's been working on it.

And during this streak, the one which we finally are winning with defense, we are undefeated with Imax Shump Shump

Running the point!!!!!

Hello!!!

Wake the f*ck up!

Stop the 'Antoni trying to turn everyone into a shooter nonsense. Please!

There is a lot more to being a PG than what Shumpert has demonstrated. A PG needs to be able to set the right tempo at the right time, pass effortlessly, dictate other player movements etc. I'm not saying Shumpert can't be that, but he's definitely not that now. Davis is far closer to that. Shumpert has a decent mid-range shot. Plenty of SG's can't shoot the 3 yet are very effective in that position. Hamilton in detroit, Wade for Miami etc. This team has being crying out for a PG since the Celtics game. For me, at the moment, Shumpert isn't it. We all saw the difference Bibby made against detroit. Davis will contribute even more to our passing flow and decision making. I stand by my initial view.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
Iman shot 6 three pointers last night...0-6

Why why why

Should've only taken half of those, sure, but he needs to keep the D honest. If he can't hit 3s, they can give him space which hurts his game. He has perfect mechanics though, and I think he'll be a great spot up shooter down the line.

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
unfortunately,you can always count on d'antoni to not do what the fans want dont be surprised is u see

baron
shump
melo
stat
chandler
Agree, I felt like Shumper is more SG than a PG

We still need a True PG who can control the tempo of the game, like Baron, which i hope baron still could do.

smokes

Huge Member

Davis
Shumpert
Anthony
Stoudamire
Chandler

sounds good to me.

2nd Unit

Bibby
Fields/Walker
Balkman
Jeffries/Novak
Harrelson

I think you're totally missing the point of the thread... That 2nd unit you listed has NO OFFENSE. Plus the second unit will always have one of STAT/Melo in it. But that's not enough, we need one more reliable source of points and while Shumpert is currently reliable enough he won't always be, I'd rather have him on the floor with both Stat and Melo and let Baron run the second unit.

Then either Baron or Shump or both close out games depending who shows up.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Like Douglas, Shump is better suited as a SG. However, unlike Douglas, Shump can alternate seamlessly between the 1 and 2.

Bottom line: Shump will excel in either position. I don't mind him as a starter or reserve as long as it works for the team.

Antoni must still leave though.

What was that by Shumpert last night?

Imagine Popovich or coach K as our head coach......Shumpert wouldn't see the floor for the next 2 months after that performance last night....5/20 from the field, 6 turnovers - Jesus!