why does Knicks gm have faith TD

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Just found after playing 3 games, MIke James from Knicks d-league team got picked up by the Bulls. James who is better defender then TD and for sure more confident and experience to play in any system. Fields and TD are system players even stat but he slowly adjusting. Mikes James, Melo, Shumpert & Chandler are ballers in any system. Unfortunately bibby, TD and BD are hurting and Lie is useless in this type of system. A team despertate for PG should not settle for having Melo run the point and having a rookie play so many minutes. At this pace SHumpert will have short career do to injury similiar to Brandon Roy

Toons

is the Bo$$
the same reason the wizards arent gonna deal john wall....douglas is in a slump, and has banged up shoulders....

finestrg

Rotation player
You're on the right track Shizz...Been saying the same thing. Not sure an over-the-hill Mike James was really the answer but something, anything, would be better than what we're going to war with now. It's just not enough -- Shumpert needs help in the backcourt...The whole backcourt could use a facelift...It's not even like I'm saying trade off TD & Fields --- keep 'em! Hopefully they work through their slumps. I'm not into trading each while their value is so low where we wouldn't be getting proper value in return anyway. That's not how you make trades..Plus, either guy (even both together) wouldn't fetch us anything substaintial at this point -- they're both playing so poorly...The upgrades I wanna see are for Lin and Walker...One isn't good enough to play and the other is trash...Imagine if we replaced Lin and Walker with Willie Warren and Manny Harris, what an infusion of youth and talent that would be. Such better options for D'Antoni to fall back on just in case than what he has now...It's 100% doable.

Just got done watching a tape of Manny Harris' 2012 DL debut from the other night, Canton vs. Dakota...Harris looked real good to me..Didn't shoot well %-wise but he was active -- very strong and quick taking it to the goal (his bread & butter---Fields/Walker can't penetrate/slash for shit) and he hit a few jumpers throughout, one late in the game to put it on ice..I don't know what to tell you guys -- Manny Harris is a MUCH MUCH better talent than Billy Walker and I think he's better than Fields too...Where Fields is timid and indecisive all of a sudden, this guy's forceful and shows big-time confidence..Showed no ill-effects from that weird injury he suffered in the off-season/pre-season that caused Cleveland to cut him (some kind of foot burn in a oxegenating healing contraption occured because he wore wet socks in the chamber, if you can believe that :confused:) ..Cleveland waived him before the season and even though he's playing for their DL affiliate, the Canton Charge, he's free to sign with any NBA team at this time....Huge upgrade at 2G right here for the taking -- proved w/o a shadow of doubt that he can play in the NBA last yr for the Cavs...After what he showed Cleveland last yr, they made a mistake cutting him imo. They should've offered him a roster spot and stuck by him through this injury, which wasn't even remotely career-threatening...Knicks should cut Walker loose and pounce on this guy. It's a move we should've made days ago. Don't know what the hell they're waiting for...What's with the allegiance to Billy Walker? Dude sucks...We could do better. Moreover, with Fields playing so poorly, WE NEED TO DO BETTER! No way around it -- what are we supposed to go the rest of the yr getting absoutely nothing every game at 2G? Can't do it..

And for the few that might be interested, Willie Warren's team, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, are playing tonight on Futurecast right on the NBDL web site (6:30 pm). I'll be tuning in to take a look, either live or replay. Say whatever you want about him but he's got a real high talent level, far above Jeremy Lin...These continue to be my 2 guys -- Harris & Warren. Instant backcourt facelift right here at ZERO risk...Harris is playing tonight on Futurecast as well (10 pm). I'll be looking at this game at some point as well.

Last edited:

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Douglas needs IR
Bibby needs IR
BD is already their
Lin needs D-league

poor shumpert does even know the path that he is on used and abused

finestrg

Rotation player
poor shumpert does even know the path that he is on used and abused

I agree...We run this guy into the ground w/o having suitable backcourt depth, forget about doing anything worthwhile here. Shump can't do it all by himself anyway...We need much more productivity from this backcourt to make that jump to the next level...Not even up for debate..I mean who even knows if Davis makes it back and if he does, how close to 100% will he really be? I don't know if anyone can answer that right now, including Davis...We need to take out some sort of insurance policy and the sooner the better..

Kiyaman

Legend
How come I see Stat & Melo not wanting Bibby/TD/and Fields in their lineup....

Stat and Melo non-movement when TD or Bibby is bringing up the ball needs
to be questioned....Im sure u heard commentators say several times when TD
was the starter "the Knicks are showing no motion of movement on the offense"
or "Stat is taking all his shots from the outside". These are just comments but
never questioned to Dantoni, or Stat, or Melo after a game, when these comments
are only mention by anouncers when TD or Bibby are at the point.