- Best Frontcourt In NBA? Do Numbers Lie? -

unloopme

Benchwarmer
We have all heard or even made the argument for the Knicks as having the "best" frontcourt in the league. I know I have. I was even called delusional by a family member before the start of the season.

I submit to you, my Knicks brethren, a simple and handy tool that can help make the point for you. I used it to point out to said family member, that statistaclly...we DID have the best frontcourt "on paper." But so far after 10 games, it seems as though it's still true.

Obviously defensive prowess is not reflected so much in the numbers...but do these numbers lie?

http://espn.go.com/nba/depth

p0nder

Starter
this link took me to depth charts for the NBA... not sure what you'd like for us to look at, but if we are talking points and rebounds I'd have to say our big 3 are going a great job so far.

I would like to see opposing player stats along side theirs tho in their matchups. If we pull down 10 boards and they pull down 11, it's not really that impressive.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
this link took me to depth charts for the NBA... not sure what you'd like for us to look at, but if we are talking points and rebounds I'd have to say our big 3 are going a great job so far.
Right, it's just a quick reference of depth charts where you can click on names and get season stats, all from one page. Pick any teams 3,4,5 and compare their numbers to ours.

p0nder

Starter
Ok, i took a quick look and there aren't many that compare in PER at the front court level. 76ers are probably the closest with Miami not too far behind (on Lebrons 33 PER)

Over all i think we do have the best front court in the NBA. I thought so from the beginning. But in terms of the defensive vs. offensive stats i'm not sure this gives us the full picture...

Kiyaman

Legend
When our 3 frontcourt starters start to co-exist and mesh on bothsides of the court this Post/Thread will be something to TALK about....untill then this thread is dead....unless u want to argue the fact of Diaw being 1-1

shizzee

Benchwarmer
big freakin deal we have the best freaken frontcourt in the league but make sure you check plus minus of our team at that position vs others teams front court, I am not where we stand but b/c of stat and melo's defense we are not as good as you think. If you keep a rookie Shumpert off the bench where he belongs, and start douglas & fields, we have the worst starting backcourt in the league.