Nets trade - Jason Kidd, Aaron Williams
Nets receive - Sam Cassell, Ervin Johnson, Kurt Thomas, Moochie Norris
Trail Blazers trade - Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Ruben Patterson
Trail Blazers receive - Allan Houston, Aaron Williams
Wolves trade - Sam Cassell, Wally Szcerbiak, Ervin Johnson
Wolves receive - Jason Kidd, Shandon Anderson

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
That would be a monster trade and I think all teams would get something out of it. Has there ever been a trade in NBA history involving that many player and that many teams?

rick700

Rookie
I think the nets are getting a raw deal there. If there going to trade kidd i would have to imagine it would be for some young talent, not a broken down point guard and a bunch of role players. However, i thought the trade sounded pretty good otherwise. Did you check if it works under the salary cap?

newmove

Rotation player
If that happens you're genious man! ;)
It's would be a great deal for both NY teams though we'll be in a better situation.

NoLayups

Rookie
Well it's a good trade on most fronts as each team gives up and recieves back nearly equal tallent - when salary is factored into the equation.

However two major flaws make it unrealistic in my opinion.

1} The TBers would not take Allan from us for a few major reasons. The salary hit is too much, with all the salary they are shedding this next summer. They could make a run for Ray Allen or others with the cap relief they will aquire after players like SAR, Stoudamire, Ratliff etc all expire this year. I don't see them taking this hit just to dump Patterson. I do agree that Houston would help them and so would Williams but I don't think they take his salary. I'd see them take Artest, Allen, Carter or Peja for the cash before they take Houston.

2} The T Wolves take on too much risk for too little reward, IMO. Kidd is the best PG in the NBA when healthy. True. Wally's contract sucks. True. However both contracts of Kidd and SHandon kill the Wolves. Shandon is useless with Hassell there as Hassell is a much beter player at both ends and has just been resigned. Add Spree's D to the equation and Shandon is double useless. I thin they'd rather keep Wally than add Shandon.

Beyond that only one more problem.

All teams can get this done without the Knicks involvement. The TBers drop out too for the reasons I said above and you baciacally have a Kidd and Williams for Cassell and johnson trade. Better for both teams. IMO.

But if it did happen I'd be thrilled. It's a great trade for the Knicks especially.

edsonline said:
Knicks trade - Allan Houston, Kurt Thomas, Shandon Anderson, Moochie Norris
Knicks receive - Wally Szcerbiak, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Ruben Patterson
Nets trade - Jason Kidd, Aaron Williams
Nets receive - Sam Cassell, Ervin Johnson, Kurt Thomas, Moochie Norris
Trail Blazers trade - Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Ruben Patterson
Trail Blazers receive - Allan Houston, Aaron Williams
Wolves trade - Sam Cassell, Wally Szcerbiak, Ervin Johnson
Wolves receive - Jason Kidd, Shandon Anderson

Absolutely Terrible all of it :idea:

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
i thought that the nets wanted abdur-rahim really bad? yeah if this trade really happend i'd be stoked. maybe the knicks could brew something up with chi-town, i heard curry is on the bad end of the stick there...?

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
That trade is nearly fair! Great job thinking of it!
Maybe if BOTH kidd and h20 come back and show they're pretty healthy, the deal has a chance...

I notice that if you are on different forums you see the main team for that forum site that your on, that team always gets more then anyone in the trade "idea" that people propose. so in this case ny gets rid of their bloated contracts and scrubs while they get shareef, wally, and ruben patterson...
they get some potential for scrubs? anyone else think this is not fair?