Far-fetched Unlikely trade idea but I need your guys' opinions

CA7

Scoring Champ
Golden State-Orlando-New York

Warriors get- Dwight Howard, Glen Davis, Landry Fields and JJ Redick

Magic get- Amar'e Stoudemire, Andris Biedrins, Dorrell Wright, Jeremy Tyler, Renaldo Balkman, Toney Douglas 2 1st Round Picks from GSW, 1 1st Round pick from NYK, 2 2nd Round picks(GSW and NYK), a Traded-Player Exception and Cash Considerations

Knicks get- Stephen Curry, David Lee, Klay Thompson and Hedo Turkoglu

Why

Golden State- They can build the type of team Mark Jackson wants, strong defense and a balanced offense. Howard and Ellis will be a Kobe/Shaq type combo, Davis, Fields, Redick, Udoh, Rush and Robinson are great role players for them. This team gets a lot better in the process

Orlando- Losing D12 may suck BUT STAT is a great talent who just doesn't mesh without a legit PG. Not saying Nelson is legit but he's better suited to play with a guy like Amar'e than D12. Biedrins and Stoudemire give them a better front court then Howard and Anderson. Tyler gives them a legit young guy who can become a real threat, Douglas is a solid combo guard who lost his confidence but played ball a FSU and is from Georgia so hes closer to home which is nice for him. 3 1st rounders is good and as you know some of the best talent is found late in the draft. The TPE can be used for a legit guy from a team looking to shed salary, i.e. Rudy Gay or Joe Johnson. They also rid themselves of an abysmal contract. This team takes a step back with this trade but look great for the future with all the pieces they can add. 3 future 1st rounders along with their picks, and a TPE guy.

New York- Moving STAT may just be what we need, its better to trade a guy a year early rather than a year late. We get a PG Mike D can work with and run our offense, a solid PF in David Lee who put up numbers here, a sharp shooting 2 Guard which we lack and a combo forward who can handle the ball in Turkoglu. Then we sign Kenyon Martin with our 2.5 Exception

Potential Line Up
C- Tyson Chandler
PF- David Lee
SF- Carmelo Anthony
SG- Iman Shumpert
PG- Stephen Curry

Key Reserves
PG- Baron Davis
G/F- Klay Thompson
F- Hedo Turkoglu
PF- Kenyon Martin
F/C- Josh Harrellson

Others
SG- Bill Walker
PG- Mike Bibby
PF- Steve Novak
C- Jerome Jordan
PF- Jared Jeffries

That starting 5, looks a lot better when you look at how they fit together. The 2nd unit is led by 3 vets instead of young guys who cant play. We have our main scorer in Carmelo Anthony, 2 Legit Defenders down low in Tyson Chandler and Kenyon Martin, 2 PG's in Stephen Curry and Baron Davis. Shooters in Klay Thompson and Steve Novak. Glue guys like David Lee and Josh Harrellson and a potential packed combo guard in Iman Shumpert. Along with a combo forward we've been lacking in Hedo Turkoglu.

Golden State would do this, I think we'd do this and I'm not sure if Orlando would do this. Rest assure though this move makes us better and more complete

Thoughts #KnicksNation????

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Not a bad trade, but we haven't seen how this team is with Baron, Kenyon Martin might join us this season, and we have the MLE next off-season.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Not a bad trade, but we haven't seen how this team is with Baron, Kenyon Martin might join us this season, and we have the MLE next off-season.

I feel you but I think with this trade we look better now and for the future(Curry and Shumpert is a deadly back court)

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I feel you but I think with this trade we look better now and for the future(Curry and Shumpert is a deadly back court)
As of right now, Curry's ankle is more worrisome than 29-year old Amar'e Stoudemire's past injuries. I dunno. We could use a new coach too.

I also don't like talking about trading players who want to be on the Knicks, even players not in the rotation, so this might be the best opinion you get out of me.

Complete bullshit-trade for us!

Trading Stoudemire and a first round pick (which we don't have btw) and not getting Howard in return?

You must be joking!

Of all the proposed trade scenarios on here this is one of the worst.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
Not the worst idea I'd ever heard, I actually like how much balance the Knicks pick up. Does Dwight sign an extension with Golden State considering what they'd have left?? Nope!!

Your scenario does open my eyes to the fact that we do have a decent (although expensive) trade chip in Amare that could net us good balance in return if handled correctly.

I think this Amare/ Melo Combo must be coached by someone else or dissolve.

Something will happen before seasons end if we continue to perform like this.

Either Amare or D'antoni will be sent packin'

Maybe both!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Not the worst idea I'd ever heard, I actually like how much balance the Knicks pick up. Does Dwight sign an extension with Golden State considering what they'd have left?? Nope!!

Your scenario does open my eyes to the fact that we do have a decent (although expensive) trade chip in Amare that could net us good balance in return if handled correctly.

I think this Amare/ Melo Combo must be coached by someone else or dissolve.

Something will happen before seasons end if we continue to perform like this.

Either Amare or D'antoni will be sent packin'

Maybe both!

Like I said its better to trade a player a year early rather than a year late. Not to mention we get a 18 and 10 guy in Lee, a Franchise PG and some bench depth.

D'Antoni cant make STAT and Melo mesh, he has to go. Its mainly STAT also who cant work with Melo, Melo can create for STAT and he does often. STAT could net us at least 3-4 legit guys

That would be great if this was NBA2K212 with forced trade turned on.. I mean if you could snap your fingers and poof! that was our lineup id be thrilled. but for what it is and since you said farfetched already if it could happen.. i would be for it.. think you should add sacremento to the mix since no one wants to play there anyway and id love to bring Tyreke Evans over here.. work on that one for me

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Screw that, if this were NBA 2k12 with forced trade turned on we'd trade Toney Douglas for Chris Paul and Renaldo Balkman for Dwight Howard and that'd be the end of that