2nd star or deeper team

shizzee

Benchwarmer
without draft picks and being over the cap with 2.5 mle available for signing. the only other talent knicks can sign are vet for vet minimium.

so I ask knicks fans would u prefer to have a 2nd star or deep team?

Now I don't suggest this trade but I would not mind it either

Clippers get Thabeet Douglas Fields
Knicks get K-mart Mo-Will Hill
Rockets get Balkman Stat

add wallace or K-mart

Is their a better team? do u still prefer 2 stars? I have more faith Hill outside jumper than Stats

Mo K-mart Melo Hill Chandler
Davis Shumpert Walker Wallace Jorts
Bibby Jeffries IR Novak Jordan

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
uhmm no. ur stupid. id rather just do a feilds and douglas for mo williams trade and then sign k mart and felton this off season then we'll have a complete team

finestrg

Rotation player
We ain't gettin' Mo Williams for Fields and Douglas..Come on guys. He's better than both of those guys combined..They have no use for Toney Douglas at all -- that's team's guard heavy, so much so that they cut Willie Warren loose and I think that kid can really play (more on him in a sec).

Make no mistake though, even though he's not playing well, I think they'd be interested in Fields, as a backup for Caron Butler at the 3, Chauncey at the 2...The Clippers aren't idiots -- they know, along with every other team in the league, exactly what's up with the Knicks: that we're not getting adequate enough PG play right now. I think they remember what Fields looked like running with Felton early on last yr and I betcha they'd probably think he could regain that level of play, teaming up with an even better PG than Felton in CP3. I could see that logic -- that's why I continue to think Fields still has some value. TD on the other hand, this dude's value just isn't there at all -- he's showing what he's all about: a 6'1", marginally athletic guard who has ZERO PG skills, can't penetrate, can't dictate the pace of a game, can't get guys involved, has an ultra-low B-Ball IQ, is overrated defensively....The only thing he does well is shoot and he ain't even that great a shooter. Who needs a 6'1" SG?

I still think if we were gonna call up the Clippers, we should inquire about Ryan Gomes. That guy's talent's are just wasting away for that team right now. I remember a much better player for the Celtics and esp. for the T-Wolves when he was getting the proper PT going back a couple of years now. He's not getting it from Del Negro. Some games he barely plays and barely gets any touches at all. I get the feeling he's expendable out there -- if we got him and restored the same type of role he had at one time for Minnesota, he could really do some damage for us, backing up both Melo and STAT -- he's a hybrid F that has the skills and body to backup both positions.

Enough about trades though -- I still think that should be our plan B. Plan A should be to scout the Euro and D-Leagues and come up with the best available talent that fits our weaknesses -- move in that direction first. There's always so much talent in these leagues every damn year, yet we never show any interest. I can never understand it. I have to watch every yr teams call up players that are good and have an impact -- the Othyus Jeffers, the Chris Johnsons, the Reggie Williams, the CJ Watsons...Why can't we go get a guy like this for once?? Lord knows we have the holes to fill..

My two guys that fit the bill perfectly for us are Willie Warren and Manny Harris...I watched a replay of Warren's DL game from last night a little while ago -- he looked good to me considering this was only his 2nd game since signing with the RGV Vipers...Coming off the bench backing up Ben Uzoh, WW only went 1-5 from the field but went a whopping 15-16 from the FT line. The dude's got major talent -- he's a fantastic ball-handler that can get deep in the lane any damn time he feels like it, he's a great passer with real PG skills and he can really score in a variety of ways..Dude's a strong/quick 6'4" over 200 lb guard with major hops. Unlike a TD, this guy's a north to south guy all the way that can get right to the goal, whereas TD never penetrates the ball at all, just floats around on the perimeter looking to pop a jumper if it's there or to just hand the ball off to Melo or STAT (out high somewhere, never in great position) to go one-on-one. Warren gets deep in the lane and he's unselfish enough and skilled enough to get guys the ball in great position to do something with it once he gets that deep. Great passer out on the perimeter too -- I think he had 3 TOs and I swear, at least 2 of those were bullet passes that were right on the money that his teammates just weren't ready for -- instead of picking up the dime, Warren picked up the TO. I invite anyone out there to skim through a replay of this game and tell me if I'm wrong in my assessment of this kid's game (and he wasn't even going 100% in this game -- nobody in the DL really does---once he gets his legs and gets the rust off, we'll see an even better player eventually).

And Harris is a legit 6'5" 200 lb SG with great ability himself. I followed him at Michigan along with DeShawn Sims (another college fav of mine that we could also use right now btw--currently playing in Korea I believe--very similar skills to Ryan Gomes actually, only we wouldn't have to trade a thing to bring him in here, just sign him to a minimum-level contract) and knew he was a good player back then...Then he proved he belonged in the NBA last yr playing for the Cavs, where he actually looked improved from his Michigan days...Like Warren, he'd bring so much that we're lacking in the backcourt right now -- this guy's a 2 that can slash and get right to the tin much better than Fields and Walker and he's just as good an outside shooter imo..Not sure what the hell we're waiting for -- some team out there is gonna pick these guys up eventually..Just a matter of time. Why couldn't that team be the Knicks for a change?? Cut Lin and Walker and swap in these two upgrades right now. Then go from there.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously?

Have you guys not yet learned that stacking up superstars is the only way to win in the NBA?

Who has won the championships in the NBA recently? Oh right, teams with 2 or more superstars...unless we happen to assemble an all-star supporting cast. Newsflash: Good roleplayers are almost as hard to find in the NBA as superstars.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Seriously?

Have you guys not yet learned that stacking up superstars is the only way to win in the NBA?

Who has won the championships in the NBA recently? Oh right, teams with 2 or more superstars...unless we happen to assemble an all-star supporting cast. Newsflash: Good roleplayers are almost as hard to find in the NBA as superstars.
Who was the co-star of Nowitzki? Kidd? Chandler? Or who was the other Laker star in their last two championships? Gasol? Artest? And not to mention that Dirk and Kobe are home grown talents... The last three championships are won by teams with just one star and a group of solid players. Of course you can have 2+ stars, but at least one of them should be home grown, Lakers have Kobe, Bulls have Rose, Heat have Wade, Mavs have Dirk, Celtics have Rondo and Pierce etc. etc. We don't have any shot at the title because we have 2 stars that care about $$$, not about winning a championship...

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
What is a better front line...

Turk
Amare
Howard

OR

Chandler
Melo
Amare

I love watching Melo....But after watching Denver last night I wonder...
Is it Melo or Dantonio who are creating the mess..
Yes Dantonio but is Melo to blame as well...

At this point I would trade
MELO/CHANDLER FOR HOWARD/TURK

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What is a better front line...

Turk
Amare
Howard

OR

Chandler
Melo
Amare

I love watching Melo....But after watching Denver last night I wonder...
Is it Melo or Dantonio who are creating the mess..
Yes Dantonio but is Melo to blame as well...

At this point I would trade

I would trade Melo + Douglas to NJ for DWill + Morrow. Nets get their star locked up and we get a better overall team. Imagine DWill running the pick-and-roll with Amare and Chandler, with Morrow waiting for the outlet pass.

PG-DWill
SG-Morrow
SF-Fields
PF-Amare
C-Chandler

skisloper

Starter
Nets are not doing any trades with us to better us..why would they get rid of williams ???????

Point is Orlando knows its losing Howard....If they lose Howard they want to get rid of Turks contract as well....

is a deal that works for all.....

I am not saying to break the team up....and I do think in the playoffs we will be playing at our full potential...

I do wonder if Amare and Melo can con-exist...Dantonio or no Dantonio....

what i the better starting5...

IMAN
FIELDS
TURK
AMARE
HOWARD

OR

IMAN
FIELDS
AMARE
MELO
CHANDLER

REMEMBER NOBOY IS TAKING AMARE'S UNINSURE CONTRACT UNLESS THEY STEAL HIM.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
NJ trades DWill because they are terrified they will lose him this summer. They gave up a lot to get him and he may not resign with them. They wanted Melo all along too. NJ would jump at the chance to have a star locked up for their move to Brooklyn.

While I like Howard, he still needs a PG, and so would Amare. And Turk sucks.

*Edit*

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/01/...lakers?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Sources: Nets to deal Deron Williams if Dwight Howard is traded to the Lakers

Sources briefed on New Jersey's thinking say that there's only one such scenario.

If Howard is traded to the Lakers before the deadline, sources say New Jersey would then be forced to explore its D-Will trade options, knowing that Williams would be a virtual lock to leave come July. If Orlando keeps Howard or deals him anywhere else but L.A. or Dallas before the deadline, thus keeping alive its dream of pairing the two in Brooklyn next fall, New Jersey will wait.

The Nets, in other words, would have to be all the way out of the Howard Sweepstakes before abandoning their plans, having sacrificed so much last February (Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and two first-round picks) just to get D-Will.

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Isn't anyone even remotely curious what this team would look like with a real bonafide PG at the helm? TD has proved to me 100% that he's not the answer, Bibby's well past his prime and can't push the pace or penetrate (if you notice, Mike won't even go to him against quicker PGs -- Augustin/Walker, Conley the other night, etc..), Lin appears to be nothing more than a practice player (I trust Mike's evaluation of Lin up to this point -- if he were really any good, with our PG problems don't you think he'd be playing?) and Shump, the best option we have at the moment, is only a rookie and looked real shaky/unstable the other night.

We need Baron Davis but in the meantime, we need an interm PG solution even more---you know the players I've been advocating---we can add anyone of these guys within 24 hrs. Instant fix...This subtle adjustment could very well solve a lot of problems right away, believe me. We've got a leak--let's plug this leak immediately before more damage is done..Swap out Lin for a better PG talent---to me, this is step 1 (I'd also look to the DL or Europe, etc. to find a suitable 2G as well to replace Walker---step 2)...Let's try finding some interim backcourt upgrades, however we can get it, before shipping Melo or Amar'e outta town. Those two can play better, sure, but they're definitely not the problem.

Tonight the RGV Vipers take on Canton Charge in the NBDL -- game can be seen on Futurecast, right on the D-League website...Get a chance to see Manny Harris and Willie Warren in the same game. I'll definitely be catching a replay of this one...I like both of these guys for us. Hopefully, the Knicks have someone in attendance.

Last edited:

shizzee

Benchwarmer
knickerbocka176uhmm no. ur stupid. id rather just do a feilds and douglas for mo williams trade and then sign k mart and felton this off season then we'll have a complete team
does this guy know how the CBA works Fields and Douglas salary don't match mo williams. If clippers give up on Mo Williams they want secuirty blanket for Jordan at backup center. If they plan start Billups and Bledsoe is hurt they want backup PG in Douglas and they still don't have and Fields can provide.

This the lineup I would go with
cp3 Fields Butler BG Jordan
Douglas Billups Gomes Evan Thabeet

better balance team

I rather have Melo than Stat. I rather have DWilliams than Melo or Stat, But I would give either STat or Melo along with Chandler to Howard Turk.
Howard want to play with D-will. D-Will will probally end up being trade traded for Reddick Nelson Andersen and picks

as far as the knicks. this is far better team than what we have.
Mo K-mart Melo Hill Chandler
Davis Shumpert Walker Wallace/K-mart Jorts
Bibby Jeffries IR Novak Jordan

skisloper

Starter
If this Russian owner gets burned by not getting Howard I do not see him trading Williams to the Magic....

As much as the Knicks would Love to get Williams I do not see this dude helping the knicks even if it meant swapping Williams for Melo....

I do see if the Knicks cannot make this 3 star team shine then Orlando can look to the Knicks.....Magic have made it clear they are not rebulding...

so Melo/Chandler/Amare combo for Dwight Howard and Turk....

Hopefully before this happens we have a new coach who can find a way to make our 3 stars work together and even more important find a PG to run the team.....Davis looks so out of shape not to mention a date of his return is not even set......