This years role Player vs Last Years

If you compare the role players and sixth man we have this year to last year you can see
why many of us wanted to get Melo in the Offseason.
We might not have had Tyson Chandler but we would have still had
Felton/Amare/Melo and the full MLE

This years Depth
Pg-Douglas/Shumpert/Lin/bibby
Sg-Fields/Shumpert/Walker
Sf-Balkman/Fields/Walker
Pf-Harrelson/Jefferies/Novak
C-Jordan

Last Years Depth
Pg-Douglas/Carter/Rautins
Sg-Fields/Walker/Mason
Sf-Chandler/Gallo/ShawneWilliams/Derrick Brown
Pf-Randolph/SheldenWilliams/Jefferies
C-Turiaf/Mozgov/Jordan(over seas)

I didn't include the stars to be fair but it is pain fully obvious that we need better role players. The guys last year are way better I think we had a good supporting cast and our GM Grunweld hasn't done a good job at getting vets for the minimum so far we missed out on Michael Redd,Reggie Evans,T.j. Ford and a few other serviceable players.

Just insert the guys we drafted with the guys we had less year except Wilson who might have not resigned and we have a great team that would actually compete for a championship, I think Dolan pushing the trade for Melo is the reason Walsh didn't come back. Donnie tried to keep as many pieces but Dolan was too jittery to make the trade smh.

Our team would have looked like this with Melo in the offseason:
Felton/Douglas/Shumpert/Bibby
Fields/Walker
Melo/Gallo/Brown
Amare/Randolph/Jefferies
Turiaf/Mosgov/Jordan
With the Full MLE we would have a excellent sixth man in Gallo and we could resign Shawne Williams if we wanted.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Let's put aside all that mess the blockbuster trade created. What has been done cannot be undone. Looking back at the period after the trade and all the roster moves that we made I don't understand a few things. Why did we waive Brewer who is considered as a solid defender? Derrick Brown, we claimed him to fill our roster (some might say just to have enough bodies for scrimmages), he played just in garbage time but still looed more or less impressive, why did we let him go? He could be useful as a backup small forward. Why did we actually give up on Shawne Williams? And last but not least, who's the hell responsible for getting rid of Anthony Carter?! He was a solid backup point guard, good defender and a fighter who kicked some Celtics ass in the playoffs...

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont really see that much of a difference

Gallo was a starter, Chandler was more part of the supporting cast even though it clearly should have been the other way around. Galliretardy was never that good, hes a decent role player at best. Dudes soft

All i really see is two pathetic supporting casts

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
And last but not least, who's the hell responsible for getting rid of Anthony Carter?! He was a solid backup point guard, good defender and a fighter who kicked some Celtics ass in the playoffs...
And of course D'Antoni barely (or at all?) played him 'till the third quarter off the bench in game 4. I knew the whole series he should have been getting a bunch of minutes. Anthony Carter proved to me he's EXTREMELY underrated. He'd be the second best guard on our team now.

Last years cast was a good one we actually looked like we built a team around Amare he had great spacing ,shooters to kick out to and a good PG that started to run the PNR. He was playing like a MVP now he's playing like pure shit.
This team looks like it's just Melo/Amare/Chandler and a bunch of randoms even our two stars don't look like they know how to play with each other.
And that's on the coach and GM

skisloper

Starter
There are 3 very talented starters on this team.
Melo, Amare and Chandler have all shined in the NBA.
Why now are they failing........COACHING.

Wargames

Starter
To be fair that comparison should say "Fields (then) & Fields (now)" because they are two different players. One was starter quality that thrived the other is struggling almost every game.

Also why we're not playing Jerome Jordan to turn him into trade Bait is the dumbest thing I've heard since the Knicks let cory brewer leave because he wasn't going to get playing time..... It's like sometimes the Knicks don't understand the under the table, unwritten rules of the NBA. Like how every team in the league that doesn't have a center will overpay for trash be it by trade or FA. Right now the dumbest GM in the league Khan has a few PG's and no center but instead of playing Jerome enough to get interest in him he never plays.....

You could make a good case the the Knicks have 3 centers. But when Kwame goes down Golden state sign Earl Barron instead of trading some of there depth for the Knicks spare?? Not to mention the Hawk lost Horford but the Knicks can't take advantage of that because once again the knicks wont play J Jordan because he can't shoot the 3.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Probably we'll look at least a little better when Davis gets back (from what I heard it could take place as soon as next week) and even such a dumb coach like D'Antoni can get something out of our probable strating lineup. But still we have no spark off the bench, only Harrellson, whom Dumbtoni doesn't know how to use...