Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Yes, if healthy.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Other guys have to step up like STAT he needs to play like a top 5 PF again, Fields needs to reclaim his confidence, and TD needs to find his stroke. But with BD back he solves a lot of the Knicks Problems

1. The Knicks had a scoring first non play making no penetrating PG running the show and now theres a rookie SG running the point for the Knicks. BD will get these guys back in their natural positions

2. Amare has proven he can not play to his full potential without a competent play maker he's not a pure iso scorer like Melo most of the time he needs to catch the ball on the go in P&R. Chandler even though not a huge offensive option will also be excellent in the P&R with Davis and will get more easy buckets.

3. Fields like Amare I feel needs to play off a good play maker that can get him the ball on the go and also the development of Shumps off ball play should get him a lot easier shots with a real floor general.

4. Melo should not be asked to initiate the offense and then finish at the same time it puts the ball in his hands too much, Davis will force Melo to play off the ball way more and focus on getting to his sweet spots, post positioning, and finishing.

5. Baron Davis himself I think once healthy and back to 100% game shape after a few weeks will flourish in NY just worrying about only making plays and controlling the tempo he has no pressure to be the leading scorer or the closer for this team. Like I said he just had to make the right plays which he does his assists lead to the highest percentage shots and control the tempo.

So in my opinion after a few weeks of a healthy Davis team will look completely diff on the offensive end as for the D idk STAT has to step up and try to match Chandlers defensive intensity.

KingCharles34

All Star
If hes healthy...it'd make it alot easier having a real point guard instead of Douglas, Shumpert, Carmelo, and bibby. Thats no disrespect to any of them but none of them are full time point guards. Thats why we see Carmelo turning the ball over more, Shumpert turning the ball over and taking too many shots, Amare not getting enough easy baskets, and Douglas chucking shots. Who knows, maybe it would even help Fields. He hasnt played with anyone thats close to a playmaker since Felton. And while billups might not be as good of a playmaker as felton or davis, he can still probably run an offense better then felton and just as good or better then davis so im not trying to take anything away from Chauncey. But Davis is a true point guard, someone that can handle the ball and make plays. Hes capable of running an offense, defense will still be a big concern. And the whole team needs to chill with all the 3 pointers

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We did lose to Oklahoma because we had no real guard beard to face their guard beard. This is the same reason why we lost to Cleveland last season, there was no guard beard to guard Baron's beard and a guard beard is something more than just a beard, that's a reflection of wisdom and high basketball IQ every guard needs... every Greek philosopher had beard and there is a reason why!

400px-Plato_Silanion_Musei_Capitolini_MC1377.jpg

finestrg

Rotation player
Other guys have to step up like STAT he needs to play like a top 5 PF again, Fields needs to reclaim his confidence, and TD needs to find his stroke. But with BD back he solves a lot of the Knicks Problems

1. The Knicks had a scoring first non play making no penetrating PG running the show and now theres a rookie SG running the point for the Knicks. BD will get these guys back in their natural positions

2. Amare has proven he can not play to his full potential without a competent play maker he's not a pure iso scorer like Melo most of the time he needs to catch the ball on the go in P&R. Chandler even though not a huge offensive option will also be excellent in the P&R with Davis and will get more easy buckets.

3. Fields like Amare I feel needs to play off a good play maker that can get him the ball on the go and also the development of Shumps off ball play should get him a lot easier shots with a real floor general.

4. Melo should not be asked to initiate the offense and then finish at the same time it puts the ball in his hands too much, Davis will force Melo to play off the ball way more and focus on getting to his sweet spots, post positioning, and finishing.

5. Baron Davis himself I think once healthy and back to 100% game shape after a few weeks will flourish in NY just worrying about only making plays and controlling the tempo he has no pressure to be the leading scorer or the closer for this team. Like I said he just had to make the right plays which he does his assists lead to the highest percentage shots and control the tempo.

So in my opinion after a few weeks of a healthy Davis team will look completely diff on the offensive end as for the D idk STAT has to step up and try to match Chandlers defensive intensity.

Tremendous post. I agree with all of this. He's definitely gonna allow guys to be themselves again, play their natural positions and just flat out make everyone better, there's no question about it... I just keep remembering back to his 1st game with Cleveland -- it was against us at the Garden. He looked GREAT that game. Looked like he was playing on that team for years---you would've never thought it was his first game...Remember the instant chemistry he had with his team?? It was remarkable. And he wasn't really playing with veterans too -- they were basically all young guys: JJ Hickson, Samardo Samuels, Christian Eyenga, Alonzo Gee, Luke Harangody..He made them all look like all-stars and gave them all the confidence to come in here and beat us. Came out and ran that team like a top, got everyone involved. And he was also able to score it himself too -- lit us up from the perimeter, ran rings around TD, Anthony Carter...And he did it all with a little swagger and flair..And then remember what he did against LeBron and co. the first time that douche-bag came back to Cleveland? Another big game on national TV and he was up for that challenge too...I always knew he was real good but he really showed me something last yr man, with what he was able to do with that young squad.

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Tremendous post. I agree with all of this. He's definitely gonna allow guys to be themselves again, play their natural positions and just flat out make everyone better, there's no question about it... I just keep remembering back to his 1st game with Cleveland -- it was against us at the Garden. He looked GREAT that game. Looked like he was playing on that team for years---you would've never thought it was his first game...Remember the instant chemistry he had with his team?? It was remarkable. And he wasn't really playing with veterans too -- they were basically all young guys: JJ Hickson, Samardo Samuels, Christian Eyenga, Alonzo Gee, Luke Harangody..He made them all look like all-stars and gave them all the confidence to come in here and beat us. Came out and ran that team like a top, got everyone involved. And he was also able to score it himself too -- lit us up from the perimeter, ran rings around TD, Anthony Carter...And he did it all with a little swagger and flair..And then remember what he did against LeBron and co. the first time that douche-bag came back to Cleveland? Another big game on national TV and he was up for that challenge too...I always knew he was real good but he really showed me something last yr man, with what he was able to do with that young squad.

Yea ppl just disregard BD because he hasn't played at GS level but as far as being a play maker he still remains one of the top play makers in the game and when he's motivated he's a good leader something this team is missing. Melo is good lead by example type guy, and Chandler is a vocal defensive leader, STAT idk wtf he's dong, but I think this team needs a vocal guy on the offensive end.

KingofNy

Starter
Our next coach will be our savior. Until we have a coach that can instill good basketball fundamentals into our players/organization then we can expect to look like crap. One 40 year old point guard coming off of a back injury isn't going to do sh*t for us.

We need to find 2 starting guards and coach and then we can talk about being good.

Last edited:
I hope we don't have to depend on him to be...

With the talent we already have we can do well, just need someone that knows how to use them. Just the thought of banking on an player with a freaking bulging disk in his back to be our saviour is scary.

I like Baron back in the day, but I'll reserve some critism until I actually see him playing like someone without such a devastating injury. We already have enough injuries to deal with. It'll be a shame for us to lose out on this rare opportunity for a chip or 2 because our coach broke his players with his broken gameplan. This is not a system for injured guys to run...especialy with a short rotation in a compact season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will Davis be our Savior? FIRE Dantoni!

Here's the real question concerning the Knicks adding Davis:

Will Tyson, or Stat, or Jorts, or Melo come off the wide peremeter to cut and
set screens or picks for Baron Davis to get a clear pass to a cutter?

Or will Tyson, Stat, Jorts, and Melo stay motionless like statues on the
peremeter waiting for Baron Davis & Fields to bring the ball up court?

That is the bullshuuut I seen from Tyson, Stat, Jorts, and Melo everytime
Bibby, or TD, or Shump bring the ball up court.....ok Melo do come out to
help as if he is a SG (LOL) wanting to help dribble the ball as if he's a PG. lol

Why not have Tyson/or Stat/or Jorts/or Melo come off of the 3-ball line
to set a high screen for the PG & SG bringing up the ball?
Maybe that will help Davis help the Knicks offense win.

Its funny b/c watching the Miami Heat I see Haslem/Howard/Bosh/Lebron
setting screans and picks for their teammates twice on a single possession.
Damn! Pat Riley will be the one to get Dantoni Fired....when Eddy Curry low
post presence and "pick n roll" makes the Heat rotation...

Here's the real question concerning the Knicks adding Davis:

Will Tyson, or Stat, or Jorts, or Melo come off the wide peremeter to cut and
set screens or picks for Baron Davis to get a clear pass to a cutter?

Or will Tyson, Stat, Jorts, and Melo stay motionless like statues on the
peremeter waiting for Baron Davis & Fields to bring the ball up court?

That is the bullshuuut I seen from Tyson, Stat, Jorts, and Melo everytime
Bibby, or TD, or Shump bring the ball up court.....ok Melo do come out to
help as if he is a SG (LOL) wanting to help dribble the ball as if he's a PG. lol

Why not have Tyson/or Stat/or Jorts/or Melo come off of the 3-ball line
to set a high screen for the PG & SG bringing up the ball?
Maybe that will help Davis help the Knicks offense win.

Its funny b/c watching the Miami Heat I see Haslem/Howard/Bosh/Lebron
setting screans and picks for their teammates twice on a single possession.
Damn! Pat Riley will be the one to get Dantoni Fired....when Eddy Curry low
post presence and "pick n roll" makes the Heat rotation...

I'm asking that question for years Kiyaman!

Such a simple but at the same time effective thing as the high screen or high screen and roll is a MUST in every team's offensive playbook these days.

I don't think D'Antoni has a playbook to be honest.

Paul1355

All Star
If we haven't found something before he comes back I voted "Yes, if healthy".
Davis should be our savior since he is the only guard that can actually make other players better and when motivated, he is awesome.

If Davis can't save us, then we won't make the playoffs.

KingofNy

Starter
Davis should be our savior since he is the only guard that can actually make other players better and when motivated, he is awesome.

If Davis can't save us, then we won't make the playoffs.

Even if Baron Davis does come back in shape and helps the offense out we still don't have what it takes to go anywhere in the playoffs because our coach is a blockhead who only has a job because Steve Nash and his cast of 3 pt shooters made him look like a "so-called" offensive genius in Phoenix. He is anything but.

Paul1355

All Star
Even if Baron Davis does come back in shape and helps the offense out we still don't have what it takes to go anywhere in the playoffs because our coach is a blockhead who only has a job because Steve Nash and his cast of 3 pt shooters made him look like a "so-called" offensive genius in Phoenix. He is anything but.
mike d will only get his job next year if we go past first round playoffs, so if that doesnt happen then say goodbye and i cant wait