Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516

Thread: Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks 01.16 1:00PM

Default Perfect Post

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    FIRE coach Dantoni!
    FEW THINGS IN LIFE are PERFECT...this Post is one of them.

Originally Posted by DrB
    Anderson was NOT DEFENDED PERIOD. AS CHAS BARKLEY said the Knicks are not a good basketball team...good starts with defense which AMARE refuses to play...goes one on one...never in the flow. I think balkman is better than JEFFRIES by a mile..he sits Jeffries plays. It must be personal between Balkman and D'Antoni...who must go.
    Both them should be playing at the same time when Carmelo's not in the game, thats when u need the most defense to compensate of the loss of offense. Balkman is the better of the 2, hes more likely to make an impact on offense...not just defense. Not that either of them will ever average double figures in points, but I would almost go as far as to say they do great things on defense. Just shy of great...very good. I liked seeing Jeffries at PF too next to Chandler. Half of the Jeffries haters probably never knew or dont know how to play defense, hence the reason why they dont understand his value. Thats not aimed at you either, its aimed at whoever thinks it applies to them. Just be honest with yourselves, if your getting scored on non stop by your opponents (pause) and u hate Jeffries step forward

Veteran

Angry Dont get ANGRY....FIRE Dantoni

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    When you watch this team in person.....I mean...I don't know anymore...

Only caveat was the fine english chick sitting in front of me, kept finding reasons to turn around and chit chat...then Hedo banked in a 3, and Andersen wouldn't stop shooting & hitting. The day was done.

My Fam that works in MSG office is wondering why I keep denying the free
    tickets she keep offering me. Especially todays 1:00-clock game.
    If I wouldve went....after the game I wouldve been angry with myself for not
    selling those tickets.....I cant stand to watch what Damnphony is doing to this team

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Sorry I got his other Airball confused with his Airball against OKC. He did have one Airball today. It's pretty bad when your starting SG only takes three shots and one's an airball. You can't defend his play, it's been horrific. The only thing he's good at (Rebounding) leaves the guard he's defending open on the perimeter. Fields is the reason we lost today.
    Fields is lost...AMARE is lost...D'Antoni should be fired right now.

Originally Posted by DrB
    Fields is lost...AMARE is lost...D'Antoni should be fired right now.
    I agree. I'm watching the Bos vs. OKC game and it cut over to OKC's coach (Scott Brooks) yelling (motivating) his players and calling plays. When's the last time any of us have actually seen D'Antoni coach our guys? I haven't seen it, NOT ONCE THIS SEASON! He's either sitting on the bench or walking around while our guys get water or advice from Chandler/Melo. MDA needs to be fired... NOW!

Veteran

Originally Posted by DrB
    Anderson was NOT DEFENDED PERIOD. AS CHAS BARKLEY said the Knicks are not a good basketball team...good starts with defense which AMARE refuses to play...goes one on one...never in the flow. I think balkman is better than JEFFRIES by a mile..he sits Jeffries plays. It must be personal between Balkman and D'Antoni...who must go.

It became personal with Dantoni when Balkman screamed on Gallo in Gallo's
    only apearance in the summer league game....Balkman was traded a week or
    two after the summer league games were over for two players the Knicks
    buyed out weeks later. A month after the Balkman trade the Knick traded
    for Patrick Ewing Jr. to replace Balkman's hustle.

Balkman & Fields are the players we should have teaching Jorts & Jordan the ropes on boxing-out, rebounding, and scoring in the paint -vs- Tyson, Stat, and Melo in our Knicks practices.

The non-use of Balkman & Jordan takes alot away from this Knicks team.
    The two combination of "Jordan/Stat/Balkman" then "Tyson/Jorts/Melo" gives
    us depth in the frontcourt.

Veteran

The game was actually going pretty well until the Magic went Zone in the 4th quarter.

When teams go zone there's no real way to beat them without making shots and my goodness these Knicks cannot make a shot for their damn lives.

Landry Fields hit 39% of his 3's last year - he's hitting a mere 21% this year.

Toney Douglas, who hit 37% last year and 39% the year before that, is hitting a mere 23% this year.

Bill Walker, who hit 43% two years ago, and 38.6% last year, is only hitting 30.6% this year.

Until these guys figure it out, the Knicks will not win. Every team in the NBA knows that all they need to do is play a zone defense against us and make us shoot. D'Antoni teams have known to be good shooting teams and yet they're bricking freaking EVERYTHING out there. Jorts and Bibby are the only ones who have made 3's for us this year and until other players start HITTING some of the 3's they're taking, we're going to be crap.

I agree with Kiyaman on the poor usage of Balkman and Jordan as well. It didn't factor as much into this game, but I still think that not using these guys is stupid.

Here's another thing I don't understand. The Magic went to a zone defense. The only way to beat a zone is by shooting the ball well because you can't drive or you'll probably get called for a charge. The Suns did the same thing against the Spurs a couple of years ago - Gentry used the zone to do really well against the Spurs and IIRC that's how they finally got past the Spurs in the playoffs (only to run up against Kobe who was out for blood).

Why, then, did a certain man named STEVE NOVAK who has been shooting the ball AMAZINGLY with the Knicks, not even get a single OUNCE of playing time? That **** is whack...instead we gave the ball to Carmelo who chucked his way to a loss...SMH this is common sense. I mean if you think about it Novak is our version of Ryan Anderson - a one-dimensional guy who can't do anything other than shoot the ball. Why, then, did we not put him in? Especially since everyone else on our team was ****ting bricks out there? God damn this coach has no common sense whatsoever

Veteran

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The game was actually going pretty well until the Magic went Zone in the 4th quarter.

When teams go zone there's no real way to beat them without making shots and my goodness these Knicks cannot make a shot for their damn lives.

Landry Fields hit 39% of his 3's last year - he's hitting a mere 21% this year.

Toney Douglas, who hit 37% last year and 39% the year before that, is hitting a mere 23% this year.

Bill Walker, who hit 43% two years ago, and 38.6% last year, is only hitting 30.6% this year.

Until these guys figure it out, the Knicks will not win. Every team in the NBA knows that all they need to do is play a zone defense against us and make us shoot. D'Antoni teams have known to be good shooting teams and yet they're bricking freaking EVERYTHING out there. Jorts and Bibby are the only ones who have made 3's for us this year and until other players start HITTING some of the 3's they're taking, we're going to be crap.

I agree with Kiyaman on the poor usage of Balkman and Jordan as well. It didn't factor as much into this game, but I still think that not using these guys is stupid.

Here's another thing I don't understand. The Magic went to a zone defense. The only way to beat a zone is by shooting the ball well because you can't drive or you'll probably get called for a charge. The Suns did the same thing against the Spurs a couple of years ago - Gentry used the zone to do really well against the Spurs and IIRC that's how they finally got past the Spurs in the playoffs (only to run up against Kobe who was out for blood).

Why, then, did a certain man named STEVE NOVAK who has been shooting the ball AMAZINGLY with the Knicks, not even get a single OUNCE of playing time? That **** is whack...instead we gave the ball to Carmelo who chucked his way to a loss...SMH this is common sense. I mean if you think about it Novak is our version of Ryan Anderson - a one-dimensional guy who can't do anything other than shoot the ball. Why, then, did we not put him in? Especially since everyone else on our team was ****ting bricks out there? God damn this coach has no common sense whatsoever
    The Simple answer is Dantonio....He makes up his mind before the game and no matter what the situation he will not change it,,,,,,,Its like putting square blocks into a round hole...

Not sure how he is a human being but as a coach he is very arrogant.

3's. 3's and more 3's.....In his world if we make 5 for 12 its the same as 5 for 20...we still get 15 points