Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks 01.16 1:00PM

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amare's got too easily into foul trouble + he hasn't shown any defensive effort. Carmelo's been shooting 33%, Douglas 4 of 12, Fields completely invisible, Shumpert's had poor shot selection again hitting just 30%, with Walker and Bibby on the floor we've played 4 or even 3 against 5... The only players I can't complain about are Chandler, Jared and Harrellson, who've done some good job. But, as I said before, it all comes down to coaching, D'Antoni just doesn't know how to make use of players he has...

smokes

Huge Member
And we're back to below 0.500 - this is so typical for Knicks basketball under D'Antoni. Every season it's the same struggle record-wise.

We could basically start the 5 Eastern Conference All-Stars and still be hovering around 0.500 it seems.

In 08/09, partially in 09/10 and most of last season it was atleast fun to watch us play, no matter the outcome.
This season we're ****ing painful to watch...this is just bad bad basketball and watching amateurs like Fields, Walker and Douglas in there doesn't help either.

Why is Landry Fields a professional basketball player? Honestly, this guy does NOTHING. He can't shoot, he can't handle the ball, he can't pass, he can't guard shooting guards, he doesn't space the floor. Only thing he can do is rebound - for a SG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

**** off Fields!

Worst starting SG in franchise history

Seriously man I wonder when did Fields desecrate your dead grandmothers corpse? You have it in for the man!

Fields is not supposed to be a starting 2 guard in this league he was a 2nd round pick for gods sake! Fields had the best +/- out of the entire team today, he's playing his role absolutely fine and if he were coming off the bench we'd have one of the best intangible young 2's in the league on our bench.

Blame D'Antoni, Dolan, Grunwald whoever you want for putting us in a situation where we are starting a struggling 2nd rounder but Fields has done nothing but exceed expectations in his Knicks career.

TakMan

Rotation player
Would Balkman be that much worse than Fields? I doubt it.

Play Anthony at the 2 spot and start Balkman at the three.

Do it...... Do it.

quiggle

Starter
its the same broken record each game, serously you KNicks fans are some of the worse the league has to offer just sitting here complaining and throwing statistics when its just losses after losses after losses, man up and demand this team be changed

fender0577

Rotation player
Antoni is the worst in game coach iv'e ever seen, he's tries to beat every team the same exact way, did he not realize D12 had 5 fouls mid way thru the 4th, and were still out there gunning 3's.That's coaching, you have to make your players aware of that type of situation, every ***king play should have been to the front of the rim, what the **ck is wrong with this guy.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Amare's got too easily into foul trouble + he hasn't shown any defensive effort. Carmelo's been shooting 33%, Douglas 4 of 12, Fields completely invisible, Shumpert's had poor shot selection again hitting just 30%, with Walker and Bibbt on the floor we've played 4 or even 3 against 5... The only players I can't complain about are Chandler, Jared and Harrellson, who've done some good job. But, as I said before, it all comes down to coaching, D'Antoni just doesn't know how to make use of players he has...

D'Antoni's fault we gotta run set plays for these guys, including Amar'e I mean have we ran 1 legit play besides some secondary stuff(pass to the wing, double screen ISO...thats all I see and a few lob plays

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
everytime i go on this site all i see is every "knick fan" talking mad shit about just about everything about the knicks. SHUT THE FCK UP! be fcking patient with this team this team obviously is a winning team just give it time did u guys see the seatle supersonics looking like they are today? i dont think they made any biig transactions during that time they gave it time they got their shit together now look at them ur acting like the knicks should look like okc right now or the miami. we played a good game today they lit it up from 3 point land oh well we get over it their was so much good in that game but u guys just dont give them credit for it u guys look at the bad shit and just talk shit. i believe last year we started off bad to then we got our shit together everyone just shut up please. thank you.

fender0577

Rotation player
Did this dummy(antoni) just say we needed to score more points...again!!!They had 102 points on us, we needed stops stupid.

TakMan

Rotation player
Seriously man I wonder when did Fields desecrate your dead grandmothers corpse? You have it in for the man!

Fields is not supposed to be a starting 2 guard in this league he was a 2nd round pick for gods sake! Fields had the best +/- out of the entire team today, he's playing his role absolutely fine and if he were coming off the bench we'd have one of the best intangible young 2's in the league on our bench.

Blame D'Antoni, Dolan, Grunwald whoever you want for putting us in a situation where we are starting a struggling 2nd rounder but Fields has done nothing but exceed expectations in his Knicks career.

Fields is shit. He's an average defender and non-existent on offence. He's ok for the team's chemistry due to his lack of creativity and safe passing play; but he also means the opposition need to guard one less player. Whether he has a free shot or a slightly contested lay-up, he will miss. What gets to me is that players who do hustle, contest, and perform a lot better than him (Balkman) are not given the time of day. That's wrong and potentially costly for the team.

Wargames

Starter

I've said this before but Fields playing like a 2nd Rounder is a major issue for the Knicks because they thought they had a starter in him as a player. Douglas playing off the bench was his role but Fields is just as bad as being advertised. I don't even know If a point guard can fix his game since he Can't Shoot anymore

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
D'Antoni's fault we gotta run set plays for these guys, including Amar'e I mean have we ran 1 legit play besides some secondary stuff(pass to the wing, double screen ISO...thats all I see and a few lob plays
Coaching, coaching and once again coaching... this mustached knucklehead could get an ASG starting five and we'd be struggling to keep our head above .500... I'm disappointed watching Knicks this season, the very first and last game I was excited about was on Christmas Day against the Celtics, later it's become more and more painful to watch, can't understand why Dolan didn't fire this mustached amateur coach already...

fender0577

Rotation player
Fields is shit. He's an HORRIBLE defender and non-existent on offence. He's ok for the team's chemistry due to his lack of creativity and safe passing play; but he also means the opposition need to guard one less player. Whether he has a free shot or a slightly contested lay-up, he will miss. What gets to me is that players who do hustle, contest, and perform a lot better than him (Balkman) are not given the time of day. That's wrong and potentually costly for the team.
Fixed it for ya.

Wargames

Starter
Did this dummy(antoni) just say we needed to score more points...again!!!They had 102 points on us, we needed stops stupid.

actually we needed stops and scoring .... stops a lot more however the Knicks are suffering on both sides of the ball when Carmelo is shooting 9/27 + FT's and that is good because honestly if he didn't do that it would be a blow out because no one else is scoring. :barf:

smokes

Huge Member
I don't get how people can genuinely think Fields is a bad player for where we drafted him and how he's performed overall he's a good player. His defense is no worse than anyone else on the team not named Tyson Chandler.

If he looks lost out there maybe it's because this team has changed more than a baby's diaper in the past year and he's struggling to keep up.

Next up is going to be "Iman Shumpert is shit!" because he's a projected late first/early second who we happen to be playing 30 mpg because we have absolutely no depth. Is it his fault that he can't run an NBA offense straight out of college as a combo guard that no one even thought could hit a jumpshot the day he was drafted?

I don't get how people can genuinely think Fields is a bad player for where we drafted him and how he's performed overall he's a good player. His defense is no worse than anyone else on the team not named Tyson Chandler.

If he looks lost out there maybe it's because this team has changed more than a baby's diaper in the past year and he's struggling to keep up.

Next up is going to be "Iman Shumpert is shit!" because he's a projected late first/early second who we happen to be playing 30 mpg because we have absolutely no depth. Is it his fault that he can't run an NBA offense straight out of college as a combo guard that no one even thought could hit a jumpshot the day he was drafted?

One of my homeboys went undrafted from Ohio State, does that mean he'd be a decent baller in the NBA, because he's great value?

Fields is just terrible. Ray Felton and the uptempo system we ran last season made him look good and heavily inflated his stats. There are maybe 5-6 teams out there where he could actually crack the rotation for 8-10 mpg. On those other teams he would be a DNP guy every night, let alone start at the SG spot!

Paul1355

All Star
Positives and Negatives

I'll start with positives since they are few.

-Toney Douglas had his first solid game were he actually looked to penetrate and drive to the hoop. Douglas is struggling because he looks to shoot instead of drive but he has speed and he hasn't been using it. Douglas can onlybe effective if he drives to the hoop. He CANNOT be a SG, he has to play like a PG.

-Jared Jeffries was very good. He played great help defense and rebounded well. I can't stand Jeffries and thinks he plays way too much but Amare has been terrible this year and Jeffries is playing better defense and Jeffries doesn't kill opportunities by bricking a million shots, he just doesn't shoot.

-Chandler has shown that he can stop the top center in the NBA, Dwight Howard. Dwight had only 8 points. The blame goes to the perimeter defenders, mainly guys like FIelds and Walker who got torched by JJ Redick and no one helping out to cover Ryan Anderson. Knicks are the worst team defending penetration to the hoop. They collapse their defense and leave players outside wide open, this is obvious and the Magic took advantage of our inconsistent defense.

Negatives

Where to begin.

How about the fact that as I previously said, we are horrible at guarding hte perimeter. This shows me that as a team trying to be better on defense, we try so hard to guard the paint that we collapse the paint all game and leave shooters open from the outside.

We continue to make bad switches. How many times is a guard covering a big man down low after a switch? How many times is Amare covering a PG on the perimeter? This destroys us and teams always take advantage of it and the fact that it happens every game and the team doesn;t stop doing it tells me the defense has barely improved. Without Tyson we are worse than last year on defense.

Landry Fields is terrible. I can't stand watching him anymore. I honestly believe that anyone else on this team would make a bigger impact than Fields. WHenever he gets the pass he does three things...he either passes the ball back quickly, he dribbles for a few seconds then passes to someone behind him, or he does a pump fake and passes it right away....none of these moves results in helping the offense. He is stagnant and continues to look lost and can't pass or dribble for his life. Fields is not a starter on any team in the NBA. His stock plummeted and continues to plummet.

Amare has his head in the clouds. I don't know if it was the trade talks with him going to NO for CHris Paul or what but Amare is lost. He is not even close to all star material and has hurt us more than anyone else except Fields. We desperately need a PG because Amare can't create his own shot, he is a dud on offense. He stands on the outside of the paint when he should be down low. He doesn't attack the basket for offensive rebounds like he did against the Pistons which made him very effective. He continues to balhandle and turn the ball over. He makes stupid plays on defense and continues to get into early foul trouble. All of these results in him scoring six points from the gam before this one and ten points in this game.

I would not mind trading Amare right now. He doesn't fit in this offense anymore. Melo is better on both ends of the floor, he is our franchise player, not Amare. Sorry Amare, you started it in NY but you can't finish it.

Mike D has to go. We are 6-7 when we should not be. The team is sturggling offensively when he is known as an offensive "genius" please get this clown out of NY. ANybody can coach this team and have them play better on both ends of the floor.

We refuse to do fundamentals such as get rebounds and play basic defense. We don't attack the rim and draw fouls consistently. We don't use our players strengths, we are lost. Please someone get fired.

smokes

Huge Member
One of my homeboys went undrafted from Ohio State, does that mean he'd be a decent baller in the NBA, because he's great value?

Fields is just terrible. Ray Felton and the uptempo system we ran last season made him look good and heavily inflated his stats. There are maybe 5-6 teams out there where he could actually crack the rotation for 8-10 mpg. On those other teams he would be a DNP guy every night, let alone start at the SG spot!

Well, considering Fields did more than everyone on the team apart from Melo tonight then I guess our entire team is terrible. It was never a secret that Fields was not going to be an offensive stud, it's also no secret that everyone on our team totally fails at that end of the floor other than Melo right now and when we actually have a legit PG who can get people the ball where they need it, things will improve.

I'm not sure many people on here truly know the game of basketball and how players roles work. Fields is an off the ball player, same for Tyson Chandler and STAT. What happens when you have off the ball players constantly running around the perimeter getting the ball away from the basket? They have to make plays which they are not fully comfortable in doing. It simply is not part of their game.

This team is so deeply flawed right now it's not even funny. Even if Baron returns and plays well that's not going to matter for shit unless the players take it upon themselves to run plays and work for each other. Currently its a free for all shit slinging fest and we'd be lucky to beat any competent TEAM in the first round.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
D'Antoni has to go I don't care who we bring in, give me Pat Summit

Amar'e is what Kevin Durant calls "fake tough"

Melo scores better when the balls moving, so why the hell does D'Antoni keep setting up isolations

Landry Fields has lost his...never mind WTF has he had

Iman Shumpert lost his fire because of the media.....Shump shoot the ball take over **** the media

Douglas looked good

Chandler has to hedge picks and let guys get back instead of switching

Harrellson is ballin and gets benched........why?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thank you, that just killed me!