Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks 01.16 1:00PM

Amare's got too easily into foul trouble + he hasn't shown any defensive effort. Carmelo's been shooting 33%, Douglas 4 of 12, Fields completely invisible, Shumpert's had poor shot selection again hitting just 30%, with Walker and Bibby on the floor we've played 4 or even 3 against 5... The only players I can't complain about are Chandler, Jared and Harrellson, who've done some good job. But, as I said before, it all comes down to coaching, D'Antoni just doesn't know how to make use of players he has...

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    And we're back to below 0.500 - this is so typical for Knicks basketball under D'Antoni. Every season it's the same struggle record-wise.

We could basically start the 5 Eastern Conference All-Stars and still be hovering around 0.500 it seems.

In 08/09, partially in 09/10 and most of last season it was atleast fun to watch us play, no matter the outcome.
    This season we're ****ing painful to watch...this is just bad bad basketball and watching amateurs like Fields, Walker and Douglas in there doesn't help either.

Why is Landry Fields a professional basketball player? Honestly, this guy does NOTHING. He can't shoot, he can't handle the ball, he can't pass, he can't guard shooting guards, he doesn't space the floor. Only thing he can do is rebound - for a SG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

**** off Fields!

Worst starting SG in franchise history
    Seriously man I wonder when did Fields desecrate your dead grandmothers corpse? You have it in for the man!

Fields is not supposed to be a starting 2 guard in this league he was a 2nd round pick for gods sake! Fields had the best +/- out of the entire team today, he's playing his role absolutely fine and if he were coming off the bench we'd have one of the best intangible young 2's in the league on our bench.

Blame D'Antoni, Dolan, Grunwald whoever you want for putting us in a situation where we are starting a struggling 2nd rounder but Fields has done nothing but exceed expectations in his Knicks career.

Superstar

Would Balkman be that much worse than Fields? I doubt it.

Play Anthony at the 2 spot and start Balkman at the three.

Do it...... Do it.

its the same broken record each game, serously you KNicks fans are some of the worse the league has to offer just sitting here complaining and throwing statistics when its just losses after losses after losses, man up and demand this team be changed

Superstar

Antoni is the worst in game coach iv'e ever seen, he's tries to beat every team the same exact way, did he not realize D12 had 5 fouls mid way thru the 4th, and were still out there gunning 3's.That's coaching, you have to make your players aware of that type of situation, every ***king play should have been to the front of the rim, what the **ck is wrong with this guy.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Amare's got too easily into foul trouble + he hasn't shown any defensive effort. Carmelo's been shooting 33%, Douglas 4 of 12, Fields completely invisible, Shumpert's had poor shot selection again hitting just 30%, with Walker and Bibbt on the floor we've played 4 or even 3 against 5... The only players I can't complain about are Chandler, Jared and Harrellson, who've done some good job. But, as I said before, it all comes down to coaching, D'Antoni just doesn't know how to make use of players he has...
    D'Antoni's fault we gotta run set plays for these guys, including Amar'e I mean have we ran 1 legit play besides some secondary stuff(pass to the wing, double screen ISO...thats all I see and a few lob plays

everytime i go on this site all i see is every "knick fan" talking mad **** about just about everything about the knicks. SHUT THE FCK UP! be fcking patient with this team this team obviously is a winning team just give it time did u guys see the seatle supersonics looking like they are today? i dont think they made any biig transactions during that time they gave it time they got their **** together now look at them ur acting like the knicks should look like okc right now or the miami. we played a good game today they lit it up from 3 point land oh well we get over it their was so much good in that game but u guys just dont give them credit for it u guys look at the bad **** and just talk ****. i believe last year we started off bad to then we got our **** together everyone just shut up please. thank you.

Superstar

Did this dummy(antoni) just say we needed to score more points...again!!!They had 102 points on us, we needed stops stupid.

Superstar

Originally Posted by smokes
    Seriously man I wonder when did Fields desecrate your dead grandmothers corpse? You have it in for the man!

Fields is not supposed to be a starting 2 guard in this league he was a 2nd round pick for gods sake! Fields had the best +/- out of the entire team today, he's playing his role absolutely fine and if he were coming off the bench we'd have one of the best intangible young 2's in the league on our bench.

Blame D'Antoni, Dolan, Grunwald whoever you want for putting us in a situation where we are starting a struggling 2nd rounder but Fields has done nothing but exceed expectations in his Knicks career.
    Fields is ****. He's an average defender and non-existent on offence. He's ok for the team's chemistry due to his lack of creativity and safe passing play; but he also means the opposition need to guard one less player. Whether he has a free shot or a slightly contested lay-up, he will miss. What gets to me is that players who do hustle, contest, and perform a lot better than him (Balkman) are not given the time of day. That's wrong and potentially costly for the team.

Originally Posted by smokes

I've said this before but Fields playing like a 2nd Rounder is a major issue for the Knicks because they thought they had a starter in him as a player. Douglas playing off the bench was his role but Fields is just as bad as being advertised. I don't even know If a point guard can fix his game since he Can't Shoot anymore

Originally Posted by CA7
    D'Antoni's fault we gotta run set plays for these guys, including Amar'e I mean have we ran 1 legit play besides some secondary stuff(pass to the wing, double screen ISO...thats all I see and a few lob plays
    Coaching, coaching and once again coaching... this mustached knucklehead could get an ASG starting five and we'd be struggling to keep our head above .500... I'm disappointed watching Knicks this season, the very first and last game I was excited about was on Christmas Day against the Celtics, later it's become more and more painful to watch, can't understand why Dolan didn't fire this mustached amateur coach already...

Superstar

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Fields is ****. He's an HORRIBLE defender and non-existent on offence. He's ok for the team's chemistry due to his lack of creativity and safe passing play; but he also means the opposition need to guard one less player. Whether he has a free shot or a slightly contested lay-up, he will miss. What gets to me is that players who do hustle, contest, and perform a lot better than him (Balkman) are not given the time of day. That's wrong and potentually costly for the team.
    Fixed it for ya.

Carmelo and Renaissance Man pairing doesnt work. period.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Did this dummy(antoni) just say we needed to score more points...again!!!They had 102 points on us, we needed stops stupid.
    actually we needed stops and scoring .... stops a lot more however the Knicks are suffering on both sides of the ball when Carmelo is shooting 9/27 + FT's and that is good because honestly if he didn't do that it would be a blow out because no one else is scoring.

I don't get how people can genuinely think Fields is a bad player for where we drafted him and how he's performed overall he's a good player. His defense is no worse than anyone else on the team not named Tyson Chandler.

If he looks lost out there maybe it's because this team has changed more than a baby's diaper in the past year and he's struggling to keep up.

Next up is going to be "Iman Shumpert is ****!" because he's a projected late first/early second who we happen to be playing 30 mpg because we have absolutely no depth. Is it his fault that he can't run an NBA offense straight out of college as a combo guard that no one even thought could hit a jumpshot the day he was drafted?