Jordan: there's no comeback

newmove

Rotation player
Jordan quashes mounting rumors

Recent speculation about Michael Jordan returning to the NBA for a third time seems to have taken on a life of its own -- to the point where Jordan himself felt the need to set the record straight.

Jordan spoke with Michael Wilbon, co-host of ESPN's Pardon The Interruption, on Thursday and denied he was coming back to play in the NBA and that he has talked to Shaquille O'Neal about playing for the Miami Heat >>>

Trin_Starr

Starter
MJ would like to make a comeback to the Heat, but apparently Shaq told him and Pat Riley that he and the team does not want him.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20040924-9999-lz1s24galry.html

Here's an excerpt:
Shaq doesn't have to share his new team with Kobe, and apparently he's not about to share it with MJ, either.

O'Neal told teammates that Jordan has left him several messages, and O'Neal was convinced Jordan, 41, wants to play for the Heat. O'Neal told teammates he was not interested in having Jordan join the club, and others agreed, the sources said.

newmove

Rotation player
If it's really so then shaq is an asshole!
It's once in a lifetime opportunity to play with the best player in the Universe and big fella "does not want it"... Dumb.

starpula

Benchwarmer
Plus this is not a Kobe situation. MJ would accept playing a secondary role. He would bring a fierce winning attitude and would make a killing hitting open jumpers off a pass from triple-teamed Shaq!

newmove

Rotation player
I agree except for one thing: Jordan's always a first option when he's on the basketball court. People might not realize it but it is so. Like the last year in Washington he played along Stack and many games off the bench but he remained #1 no matter what. That's the truth about Michael - he's the only one guy on the team that will do whatever possible to get the win.

Oh, and speaking of a fierce winning attitude. Remember how good Stack was when Mike was there? And what happened to him after Mike left? That's a sign. Michael makes everyone around him better while players like kobe just hogg the ball.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Shaq wants to prove to everyone that he can win a championship being the only superstar on a team. But he is also every stupid to pass on MJ.
I don't care about people who say he's old and not as good as he was...well in his last season with the wizards, MJ was 40 years old and was still dropping 20pts, 6rebs, 4asts and 1.5stls a game.......that is just insane....

The man still has madd game, maybe he should put in a call to Isiah! lol

newmove

Rotation player
Agree! Absolutely!

And the call to Isiah... If that ever happens I would be the happiest man in the whole world! My all-time favorite player playing for my all-time favorite team! Insane! So great!

Let's make a wish...

1s1ah

Rookie
I don't think Isiah would be in any kind of hurry to sign Jordan.

Isiah thinking: Hmmm, kept me off the Dream Team...I like my current roster.

I, for one, am not a Jordan fan and hope he focuses on his golf game or Hanes commericals.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i think jordan should come back but not as a player but as a coach or so kind of an official for a team. just his presents will have a big effect

newmove

Rotation player
Believe me, Mike would never become a great coach. He's the best player of all times but there's no coaching potential in him.