View Poll Results: Trade ideas should go on a separate board?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 44.90%
  • No

6 12.24%
  • I don't care, i only post in the main forum

21 42.86%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade forum

after today, IF THEY CAN DO THIS ALL THE TIME then we dont need to trade either

i would stay with what we have... just improve Dan and Jerome Jordan at Center and the rest of our guys .... i would only trade 2 of the 3 pgs (douglas bibby davis) get us a back up PG and thats it

Veteran

Originally Posted by Number3
    i would stay with what we have... just improve Dan and Jerome Jordan at Center and the rest of our guys .... i would only trade 2 of the 3 pgs (douglas bibby davis) get us a back up PG and thats it
    Is Jerome Jordan absolutely horrible in practice ????? A 7 footer that sees no action ever no matter who the coach is....

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Is Jerome Jordan absolutely horrible in practice ????? A 7 footer that sees no action ever no matter who the coach is....
    i have no idea why he woodson doesnt put him in... with the short minutes he has played ... i seen him solid.. he has a shot.. goes to the rim... has a hook shot... idk why...thats why i said.. we should develop him

Originally Posted by Number3
    i have no idea why he woodson doesnt put him in... with the short minutes he has played ... i seen him solid.. he has a shot.. goes to the rim... has a hook shot... idk why...thats why i said.. we should develop him
    This, JJ is like my Scalabrine. I go crazy when he actually comes on, surprised he doesn't get more garbage minutes. He actually appears to have a fair upside. I think if we develop him he could become a very nice backup C. Having two 7 footers on the roster never hurts.

I think after an off-season of learning from Tyson and Woodson turning him into what he envisions as a Center then JJ should see a lot more time.The problem is STAT needs to play the 5 sometime and then there's JJ9, Novak and Melo who play the 4 also and the he's behind Jorts who at least does something coach feels is valuable

Washington traded forward Rashard Lewis and the 46th overall pick to New Orleans for forward Trevor Ariza and center Emeka Okafor.

IF RASHARD LEWIS CAN BE TRADED, SOMEONE WILL BE A SUCKER FOR AMARE

Does anyone still believe in Toney Douglas? I personally think its time to trade him, maybe for a pick or something and just move on. I don't see him ever getting off the bench with Lin, Shump and the New point coming soon.

Oh, and I think it's too early to think trade Amare. He was playing great ball before Melo came and he can still hold it down when melo is not on the floor. I think we should use him as the leader of the second unit or something. If we are winning, I don't think he will care. Plus you never know how the new point guard will help his game, Nash or Felton could do wonders to his game.

I don't think there would be much interest as of now, Toney had a horrible season and his value drastically dicreased which would leave us with a late 2nd round pick at best if we intend to move him.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Washington traded forward Rashard Lewis and the 46th overall pick to New Orleans for forward Trevor Ariza and center Emeka Okafor.

They can use their amnesty.....

sign and trade Landry Fields for any guard who can hit an outside shot

trade Douglas for anyone

Three team trade:

New York Knicks:

Trade Amar'e Stoudemire to Detroit Pistons
    Trade Toney Douglas to Sacramento Kings

Detroit Pistons:

Trade Rodney Stuckey to New York Knicks
    Trade 2nd Round pick (2012) to New York Knicks
    Trade Charlie Villanueva to Sacramento Kings

Pistons Starting Lineup: Knight, Evans, Prince, Stat, Monroe

Sacramento Kings:

Trade Jason Thompson to New York Knicks
    Trade Tyreke Evans to Detroit Pistons
    Trade 2nd Round pick (2013) to Detroit Pistons

Kings Starting Lineup: Fredette, Thornton, Salmons, Hayes, Cousins

Knicks Starting Lineup

PG - Rodney Stuckey
    SG - JR Smith
    SF - Carmelo Anthony
    PF - Free Agent? Kenyon Martin?
    C - Tyson Chandler

Knicks Bench Lineup

PG - Jeremy Lin
    _G - Iman Shumpert
    _G - Free Agent or Draft Pick (Reservist) or Re-Sign Mike Bibby?
    SF - Steve Novak
    SF - Free Agent? Marco Bellinelli? or Jeremy Evans?
    PF - Jason Thompson
    PF - Jared Jeffries
    PF - Free Agent or Draft Pick (Reservist)
    _C - Josh Harrellson
    _C - Jerome Jordan (Reservist)
    Last edited by gmf1369; Jun 24, 2012 at 09:49.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS

Difference is that Lewis is an expiring contract.

Thumbs up This obviously makes multitude of sense for every team

Posted this a week or so ago in the Knicks trade thread, might as well get a few more opinions before Thursday.
    Seeing how there's a lot of Knick fans who want Amar'e traded, I humor you with a realistic trade offer to do just that. I've seen tons of trade scenarios where the Knicks doesn't get much back for Amar'e in a deal, which I understand but doubt would be the case if a trade actually happened. Here's an offer I think is good for all teams involved on draft night;

Pistons receive: Corey Maggette, Jerome [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Dan Gadzuric & #2 overall pick (Andre Drummond?)
    Why? - Pistons need to really start over, the right way. Kinda hard to do so with money tied up in too many role playing vets. They get a $10 million dollar expiring in Maggette for Prince's & Stuckey's long term deals and they get to move up to #2 & continue to build around Brandon Knight & Greg Monroe.
    Jerome & Dan's contract's are non-guaranteed, so they could be cut as soon as trade is official.
    The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on top could be that they can still use their Amnesty of Charlie Vill to free up even more cap space.

Bobcats receive: Amar'e Stoudemire, Toney Douglas, & #8 overall pick

Why? - They're hurting for someone or something to help their cause & fan base. They turn an extra washed up role player & a decent role player into a Star whom is falling out there prime but contains & shows leadership that fans can cheer for. They send out just about the same amount they receive in the deal, so they'd still have a ton of cap space to play with during FA. It's also been noted that they have no problem trading out that #2 spot in the draft, so at least they get to stay in top 10.

Knicks receive: Rodney Stuckey, Tyrus Thomas, & Tayshaun Prince

Why? - Why not? Lol. Rodney Stuckey is young, fit nicely, & can get more important PT with the Knicks than the lowly Pistons at this point, especially with standout Knicks' rookie Iman Shumpert being out most of his sophomore season. Stuckey could be Lin's or JR's backup. Tyrus Thomas would obviously replace Amar'e & is still young himself. And Tayshaun could be the 7th man or 8th man & be Melo's backup, providing some D & vet awareness.
    This deal would also do wonders for NY seeing how they're in limbo with this bird-rights appeal stuff. Can't just sit back & wait. Improvement must be made if the mode is in win-now, no matter what.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

KNICKS RECIEVE
    David Lee
    Andris Biedrins
    2nd round pick

WARRIORS RECIEVE
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Toney Douglas

POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UPS

Knicks
    PG: Jeremy Lin
    SG: Iman Shumpert
    SF: Carmelo Anthony
    PF: David Lee
    C: Tyson Chandler

Warriors
    PG: Stephen Curry
    SG: Klay Thompson
    SF: Dorrel Wright
    PF: Amar'e Stoudemire
    C: Andrew Bogut

The Warriors unload Biedrins contract and get a star that can be a superstar in the Warriors open court system, while the Knicks get a rebounding, post up, P&R PF that fits perfectly with Melo, not to mention a good gritty defensive minded veteran center to come off the bench.