View Poll Results: Trade ideas should go on a separate board?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 44.90%
  • No

6 12.24%
  • I don't care, i only post in the main forum

21 42.86%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trade forum

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Love is not in the same league as Melo, don't let the empty stats fool you. He's also a Diva, that would most likely ruin team chemistry.
    and Melo isn't a primadonna himself? It comes with the superstar territory

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Who's going to be the starting pg for the Knicks?
    Sign A.I. or Staurbury

Originally Posted by DCinNY
    Is this a no brainer?
    Loose-Loose situation.

Superstar

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Who's going to be the starting pg for the Knicks?
    We can use Kidd and Prigioni. Felton's game is very combo guardish anyway in this system, he was primarily used to hit open 3's.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    We can use Kidd and Prigioni. Felton's game is very combo guardish anyway in this system, he was primarily used to hit open 3's.
    Kidd would have to retire early if he played so many minutes. And I don't know if I would make Prigioni a full time starter just yet.

Gotta look beyond numbers fellas

Melo puts pressure on opposing D in a way Love can't

Statistically they are comparable but Melo changes the game just being on the court

Love is David Lee with 3 pt range...biggest misleader in Sports is a player who puts up great numbers on a bad squad!

Melo's value to us transcends his numbers (even though his numbers are sick too)

Would you trade Kidd for JJ Berea or Ridnour? No!

How bout Tyson for Greg Monroe? No!!!

Love is younger so which just means he has a lot of growing. I'll take the ready made superstar!

Are you guys serious about this trade? K.Love is a fantastic player, but trading Melo? I would trade Melo only for L.James. Maybe Durant. Thats it. Melo is a difference maker, especially at the end of the game.
    Let me ask you a question. Who would you want to have a ball at the end of the game with time winding down- Melo or Love?

I've liked Love since I picked him up in a fantasy draft in that year he broke out. 15 boards a game and wins the 3 point contest on the side? Thats crazy. With that said, you'd be bat**** crazy to do that after the season Melo's had. Unless things come crashing on us, there's no way Melo and trade come up in the same sentence. Other than Melo , I'd make the entire roster expendable if we had a chance to get Love. Twolves wouldn't dream of trading him though. There's too much invested in both Rubio and Love

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I like how people call these stats empty are the same people who can't make an NBA 3pt shot and would be molested by Love on the boards.

Nothing empty about stats...don't believe that propoganda. Love is a great player.

and LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul > Carmelo Anthony

Not seen this posted elsewhere on the forum, but I have seen some rumours going around other sites that the Suns are considering trading Jared Dudley and the Knicks are interested, possibly parting with one/a combination of Novak, Brewer, Camby, Copeland. Shumpert also mentioned by some posters on other sites, one example I think I saw from someone was Shumpert and Novak for Dudley and Morris from the Suns, but I'd be very reluctant to let Shumpert go, at least until he really gets back in rhythm and going at the level he was at the end of last season. he has much more to offer this team than he is able to show at the moment.

Honestly, my knowledge of players outside of the Knicks isn't great, would you pull the trigger on a trade involving any of our guys for Dudley? Would he add something to this team? Would the Suns accept anything we have to offer?

Shump for Dudley......GOD NO!!!!!!

Sounds like twitter BS. Trade Shump and kiss any chance of a playoff run good bye.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

During today's game against the Clippers the announcers mention the Knicks need to get bigger and I agree. They mention the Jazz to be a team to look to because they have many. Now that Amare is showing some promise (he's playing well), we could possibly get rid of his contract by trading him for Al Jefferson. Al is also coming off a bad contract ending this season, this not only helps the Knicks but also saves money. We would also give up Shump but get a good deal back with Favors and Foye.

The Jazz will still have plenty of money to spend, stay young, and can possibly get more out of Amare playing the Center position. Stat is still a star player, just not on the Knicks. The team is going to have to rebuild and having Stat for next season will make it easier.

Knicks 5

Felton
    Kidd or Foye
    Melo
    Jefferson (remember he can shoot mid range)
    Chandler

Jazz 5

Mo Williams
    Shump
    Hayward
    Milsap
    Stat
    Last edited by serendipity10; Feb 10, 2013 at 17:08.

Superstar

Originally Posted by serendipity10
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

During today's game against the Clippers the announcers mention the Knicks need to get bigger and I agree. They mention the Jazz to be a team to look to because they have many. Now that Amare is showing some promise (he's playing well), we could possibly get rid of his contract by trading him for Al Jefferson. Al is also coming off a bad contract ending this season, this not only helps the Knicks but also saves money. We would also give up Shump but get a good deal back with Favors and Foye.

The Jazz will still have plenty of money to spend, stay young, and can possibly get more out of Amare playing the Center position. Stat is still a star player, just not on the Knicks. The team is going to have to rebuild and having Stat for next season will make it easier.

Knicks 5

Felton
    Kidd or Foye
    Melo
    Jefferson (remember he can shoot mid range)
    Chandler

Jazz 5

Mo Williams
    Shump
    Hayward
    Milsap
    Stat
    So the jazz should get rid of a big because they have too many but take stat back? Makes no sense. Face it we're stuck with him until he becomes an expiring contract

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    So the jazz should get rid of a big because they have too many but take stat back? Makes no sense. Face it we're stuck with him until he becomes an expiring contract

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    They get rid of a big to get an all star, Stat played great at center before Melo came to NY. The Jazz are in danger of losing Milsap and Al Jefferson as they are both at the end of there contract. Next season the Jazz will have to start from scratch, a better solution for them might be getting Stat to help build the team. Stat helped the Knicks building hype and attention from other players, some people forget how great of a season he was having when he was first a Knick. He could do exactly the same for the Jazz and help build a team. Al Jefferson for the Knicks will help more defensively and on the boards.

Can we make a package and send Novack, Shumpert and J.R.??? Defense is down and scoring is down.