Trade forum

Trade ideas should go on a separate board?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I don't care, i only post in the main forum

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

New New York

Quiet Storm
Gotta look beyond numbers fellas

Melo puts pressure on opposing D in a way Love can't

Statistically they are comparable but Melo changes the game just being on the court

Love is David Lee with 3 pt range...biggest misleader in Sports is a player who puts up great numbers on a bad squad!

Melo's value to us transcends his numbers (even though his numbers are sick too)

Would you trade Kidd for JJ Berea or Ridnour? No!

How bout Tyson for Greg Monroe? No!!!

Love is younger so which just means he has a lot of growing. I'll take the ready made superstar!

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Are you guys serious about this trade? K.Love is a fantastic player, but trading Melo? I would trade Melo only for L.James. Maybe Durant. Thats it. Melo is a difference maker, especially at the end of the game.
Let me ask you a question. Who would you want to have a ball at the end of the game with time winding down- Melo or Love?

Starks

Starter
I've liked Love since I picked him up in a fantasy draft in that year he broke out. 15 boards a game and wins the 3 point contest on the side? Thats crazy. With that said, you'd be bat**** crazy to do that after the season Melo's had. Unless things come crashing on us, there's no way Melo and trade come up in the same sentence. Other than Melo , I'd make the entire roster expendable if we had a chance to get Love. Twolves wouldn't dream of trading him though. There's too much invested in both Rubio and Love

metrocard

Legend
I like how people call these stats empty are the same people who can't make an NBA 3pt shot and would be molested by Love on the boards.

Nothing empty about stats...don't believe that propoganda. Love is a great player.

and LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul > Carmelo Anthony

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Not seen this posted elsewhere on the forum, but I have seen some rumours going around other sites that the Suns are considering trading Jared Dudley and the Knicks are interested, possibly parting with one/a combination of Novak, Brewer, Camby, Copeland. Shumpert also mentioned by some posters on other sites, one example I think I saw from someone was Shumpert and Novak for Dudley and Morris from the Suns, but I'd be very reluctant to let Shumpert go, at least until he really gets back in rhythm and going at the level he was at the end of last season. he has much more to offer this team than he is able to show at the moment.

Honestly, my knowledge of players outside of the Knicks isn't great, would you pull the trigger on a trade involving any of our guys for Dudley? Would he add something to this team? Would the Suns accept anything we have to offer?

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Shump for Dudley......GOD NO!!!!!!

Sounds like twitter BS. Trade Shump and kiss any chance of a playoff run good bye.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aj26lxy

During today's game against the Clippers the announcers mention the Knicks need to get bigger and I agree. They mention the Jazz to be a team to look to because they have many. Now that Amare is showing some promise (he's playing well), we could possibly get rid of his contract by trading him for Al Jefferson. Al is also coming off a bad contract ending this season, this not only helps the Knicks but also saves money. We would also give up Shump but get a good deal back with Favors and Foye.

The Jazz will still have plenty of money to spend, stay young, and can possibly get more out of Amare playing the Center position. Stat is still a star player, just not on the Knicks. The team is going to have to rebuild and having Stat for next season will make it easier.

Knicks 5

Felton
Kidd or Foye
Melo
Jefferson (remember he can shoot mid range)
Chandler

Jazz 5

Mo Williams
Shump
Hayward
Milsap
Stat

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aj26lxy

During today's game against the Clippers the announcers mention the Knicks need to get bigger and I agree. They mention the Jazz to be a team to look to because they have many. Now that Amare is showing some promise (he's playing well), we could possibly get rid of his contract by trading him for Al Jefferson. Al is also coming off a bad contract ending this season, this not only helps the Knicks but also saves money. We would also give up Shump but get a good deal back with Favors and Foye.

The Jazz will still have plenty of money to spend, stay young, and can possibly get more out of Amare playing the Center position. Stat is still a star player, just not on the Knicks. The team is going to have to rebuild and having Stat for next season will make it easier.

Knicks 5

Felton
Kidd or Foye
Melo
Jefferson (remember he can shoot mid range)
Chandler

Jazz 5

Mo Williams
Shump
Hayward
Milsap
Stat

So the jazz should get rid of a big because they have too many but take stat back? Makes no sense. Face it we're stuck with him until he becomes an expiring contract

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
So the jazz should get rid of a big because they have too many but take stat back? Makes no sense. Face it we're stuck with him until he becomes an expiring contract

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

They get rid of a big to get an all star, Stat played great at center before Melo came to NY. The Jazz are in danger of losing Milsap and Al Jefferson as they are both at the end of there contract. Next season the Jazz will have to start from scratch, a better solution for them might be getting Stat to help build the team. Stat helped the Knicks building hype and attention from other players, some people forget how great of a season he was having when he was first a Knick. He could do exactly the same for the Jazz and help build a team. Al Jefferson for the Knicks will help more defensively and on the boards.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Brewer to OKC for 2nd round pick. Opens up a roster spot for Knicks to go after a big, KMart Amundson, or they wait a week to see what vets get waived ahead of the playoff deadline.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
K-Mart will join Heat they added The Birdman heat will be 2nd after Spurs with very deep and strong bench.

Well KMart may still have a shot to join the Heat, but the Knicks just signed him up for 10 days, so he'll get a trial with the Knicks first.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have a chance here to make a real splash in getting CP3...

CP3 for Felton & Chandler is a worthy compensation...

Why the LAC would take this deal?

If they get Felton & Chandler they can then take Bledsoe & Jordan in a package to the Celtics for Rondo or the latest rumor of Pierce & Garnett

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
If the same fashion that the Knicks' Brass gets CP3 trade via Sign & Trade, they could also facilitate a 3 team trade involving Stat for D12... Let me be frank, we know that D'Antoni isn't going anywhere and his players a few still left on the Knicks roster... Maybe they use that help massage a trade between Lakers & NYK?

Incentives in getting this done, would be Steve Novak, Jason Kidd & a future draft pick with Amare Stoudemire and a restructured salary?

Yes Amare can rework his deal: $10 M into a Signing Bonus while adding two additional years with $15 M to average out his salary to $12.5 M per compared to the $22.5 M it is now... So yes the Knicks would have to pay him $10 M in a signing bonus which they could get back from any organization that trades for his rights...

Take Amare's new contract of $12.5 + Novak's $4 M + Kidd's $3 M should balance out a trade for D12... Of course will need to add a draft pick as compensation but two of these three players are from the D'Antoni regime... And Kidd would be a worthy backup in D'Antoni's style of play backing up Steve Nash... Just Saying it is possible!!!

skisloper

Starter
If the same fashion that the Knicks' Brass gets CP3 trade via Sign & Trade, they could also facilitate a 3 team trade involving Stat for D12... Let me be frank, we know that D'Antoni isn't going anywhere and his players a few still left on the Knicks roster... Maybe they use that help massage a trade between Lakers & NYK?

Incentives in getting this done, would be Steve Novak, Jason Kidd & a future draft pick with Amare Stoudemire and a restructured salary?

Yes Amare can rework his deal: $10 M into a Signing Bonus while adding two additional years with $15 M to average out his salary to $12.5 M per compared to the $22.5 M it is now... So yes the Knicks would have to pay him $10 M in a signing bonus which they could get back from any organization that trades for his rights...

Take Amare's new contract of $12.5 + Novak's $4 M + Kidd's $3 M should balance out a trade for D12... Of course will need to add a draft pick as compensation but two of these three players are from the D'Antoni regime... And Kidd would be a worthy backup in D'Antoni's style of play backing up Steve Nash... Just Saying it is possible!!!

dude this is the NBA not football....Your numbers make no sense....
Lakers not getting rid of Howard and dantonio has no say...

we have Stat for 2 seasons and then will reap the benefits of him coming off the Cap....

Nobody wants Chandler/Felton either....

did anyone else watch the playoffs...

Next years starting Line up ....

felton
shump
melo
copeland
Chandler..

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
D12 is a free agent, and if he tells the Lakers he wants to be moved to New York -- D'Antoni connection with these said players would make it logical for them to be involved in the trade...

Same goes for CP3 both players can facilitate the trades or walk, both Clippers & Lakers would rather get something then nothing...

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that these two trades "COULD" happen... Either one or both, & with Amare Stoudemire the only way to alleviate any of his contract would be a restructuring... On the signing bonus, if traded the Knicks could get some or all of it back with new team...

This is a business, first and foremost... I am not comparing this to the NFL as you might think... Knicks could have a starting lineup that not only will contend next season but a few more seasons down the line...

If it was me, would want to figure a way to get CP3 with Melo then build around them two... Keep Shumpert, re-sign Copeland, White & Prigioni while signing a couple of younger talented free agent for depth while getting one or two draft prospects... This is even if we kept a restructured Amare Stoudemire as part of the second team...

skisloper

Starter
D12 is a free agent, and if he tells the Lakers he wants to be moved to New York -- D'Antoni connection with these said players would make it logical for them to be involved in the trade...

Same goes for CP3 both players can facilitate the trades or walk, both Clippers & Lakers would rather get something then nothing...

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that these two trades "COULD" happen... Either one or both, & with Amare Stoudemire the only way to alleviate any of his contract would be a restructuring... On the signing bonus, if traded the Knicks could get some or all of it back with new team...

This is a business, first and foremost... I am not comparing this to the NFL as you might think... Knicks could have a starting lineup that not only will contend next season but a few more seasons down the line...

If it was me, would want to figure a way to get CP3 with Melo then build around them two... Keep Shumpert, re-sign Copeland, White & Prigioni while signing a couple of younger talented free agent for depth while getting one or two draft prospects... This is even if we kept a restructured Amare Stoudemire as part of the second team...

THERE IS NO SIGNING BONUS IN BASKETBALL......thats the point of the NBA vs the NFL.....
You also cannot restructure and already existing contract.....

I hope this is clear and gives your sign and trades Zero shot.

Even more of what you do not understand.....The Lakers get nothing back for Howard ????? That is correct BUT WHAT THEY DO GET IS THE MAX MONEY THEY COULD HAVE PAID HOWARD TO SPEND IN THE FREE MARKET...

Now you tell me AMARE AS YOUR 20 MILLION DOLLAR MAN OR 20 MILLION TO SPEND ON SOMEONE ELSE OR MULTIPLE OF PLAYERS....

Are U partying with JR when you come up with this stuff........

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
THERE IS NO SIGNING BONUS IN BASKETBALL......thats the point of the NBA vs the NFL.....
You also cannot restructure and already existing contract.....

I hope this is clear and gives your sign and trades Zero shot.

Even more of what you do not understand.....The Lakers get nothing back for Howard ????? That is correct BUT WHAT THEY DO GET IS THE MAX MONEY THEY COULD HAVE PAID HOWARD TO SPEND IN THE FREE MARKET...

Now you tell me AMARE AS YOUR 20 MILLION DOLLAR MAN OR 20 MILLION TO SPEND ON SOMEONE ELSE OR MULTIPLE OF PLAYERS....

Are U partying with JR when you come up with this stuff........

I am not going to fight with you but NOW with the new CBA there are signing bonuses...
mAV0P5I.png

So restructuring a player(s) contract with two years or less is viable, the team has enough reasons to push Amare to accept terms... They also could plea with Amare and use his words against himself -- Last off-season he was vying to get Steve Nash to the Knicks, well now we have the option to send you to the Lakers to re-unite with Steve Nash & Mike D'Antoni... It could happen, doesn't mean it will...

Lakers lose Howard they WILL NOT be able to sign any max money players in free agency as they are clear in the luxury tax with Gasol at $19 M and Bryant at $30 M just for those two players... Add in Duhon $4 M, Nash $9M, Hill $3.5 M, Meeks $2 M ($65 M just on this group of players) they just don't have any room to make any moves so "IF" Howard tells Buss Family that he wants out -- they "COULD" do this type of trade!!!

JR is likely opting out of his player option, but in this case if I was management would make him see that opting in would give him a better chance mid-season to sign a 5 year extension with this upcoming year being his 3rd year in Bird Rights... If he opts out the Knicks could offer him a 4 year deal around $25 M max -- of course they would do this after they set their roster...