View Poll Results: Trade ideas should go on a separate board?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 44.90%
  • No

6 12.24%
  • I don't care, i only post in the main forum

21 42.86%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trade forum

Brewer to OKC for 2nd round pick. Opens up a roster spot for Knicks to go after a big, KMart Amundson, or they wait a week to see what vets get waived ahead of the playoff deadline.

K-Mart will join Heat they added The Birdman heat will be 2nd after Spurs with very deep and strong bench.

Originally Posted by bigapple
    K-Mart will join Heat they added The Birdman heat will be 2nd after Spurs with very deep and strong bench.
    Well KMart may still have a shot to join the Heat, but the Knicks just signed him up for 10 days, so he'll get a trial with the Knicks first.

Find a way to trade Amare and Novak and get back someone that can hit an open shot and play decent defense.

The Knicks have a chance here to make a real splash in getting CP3...

CP3 for Felton & Chandler is a worthy compensation...

Why the LAC would take this deal?

If they get Felton & Chandler they can then take Bledsoe & Jordan in a package to the Celtics for Rondo or the latest rumor of Pierce & Garnett

If the same fashion that the Knicks' Brass gets CP3 trade via Sign & Trade, they could also facilitate a 3 team trade involving Stat for D12... Let me be frank, we know that D'Antoni isn't going anywhere and his players a few still left on the Knicks roster... Maybe they use that help massage a trade between Lakers & NYK?

Incentives in getting this done, would be Steve Novak, Jason Kidd & a future draft pick with Amare Stoudemire and a restructured salary?

Yes Amare can rework his deal: $10 M into a Signing Bonus while adding two additional years with $15 M to average out his salary to $12.5 M per compared to the $22.5 M it is now... So yes the Knicks would have to pay him $10 M in a signing bonus which they could get back from any organization that trades for his rights...

Take Amare's new contract of $12.5 + Novak's $4 M + Kidd's $3 M should balance out a trade for D12... Of course will need to add a draft pick as compensation but two of these three players are from the D'Antoni regime... And Kidd would be a worthy backup in D'Antoni's style of play backing up Steve Nash... Just Saying it is possible!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    If the same fashion that the Knicks' Brass gets CP3 trade via Sign & Trade, they could also facilitate a 3 team trade involving Stat for D12... Let me be frank, we know that D'Antoni isn't going anywhere and his players a few still left on the Knicks roster... Maybe they use that help massage a trade between Lakers & NYK?

Incentives in getting this done, would be Steve Novak, Jason Kidd & a future draft pick with Amare Stoudemire and a restructured salary?

Yes Amare can rework his deal: $10 M into a Signing Bonus while adding two additional years with $15 M to average out his salary to $12.5 M per compared to the $22.5 M it is now... So yes the Knicks would have to pay him $10 M in a signing bonus which they could get back from any organization that trades for his rights...

Take Amare's new contract of $12.5 + Novak's $4 M + Kidd's $3 M should balance out a trade for D12... Of course will need to add a draft pick as compensation but two of these three players are from the D'Antoni regime... And Kidd would be a worthy backup in D'Antoni's style of play backing up Steve Nash... Just Saying it is possible!!!

dude this is the NBA not football....Your numbers make no sense....
    Lakers not getting rid of Howard and dantonio has no say...

we have Stat for 2 seasons and then will reap the benefits of him coming off the Cap....

Nobody wants Chandler/Felton either....

did anyone else watch the playoffs...

Next years starting Line up ....

felton
    shump
    melo
    copeland
    Chandler..

D12 is a free agent, and if he tells the Lakers he wants to be moved to New York -- D'Antoni connection with these said players would make it logical for them to be involved in the trade...

Same goes for CP3 both players can facilitate the trades or walk, both Clippers & Lakers would rather get something then nothing...

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that these two trades "COULD" happen... Either one or both, & with Amare Stoudemire the only way to alleviate any of his contract would be a restructuring... On the signing bonus, if traded the Knicks could get some or all of it back with new team...

This is a business, first and foremost... I am not comparing this to the NFL as you might think... Knicks could have a starting lineup that not only will contend next season but a few more seasons down the line...

If it was me, would want to figure a way to get CP3 with Melo then build around them two... Keep Shumpert, re-sign Copeland, White & Prigioni while signing a couple of younger talented free agent for depth while getting one or two draft prospects... This is even if we kept a restructured Amare Stoudemire as part of the second team...

Veteran

D12 is a free agent, and if he tells the Lakers he wants to be moved to New York -- D'Antoni connection with these said players would make it logical for them to be involved in the trade...

Same goes for CP3 both players can facilitate the trades or walk, both Clippers & Lakers would rather get something then nothing...

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that these two trades "COULD" happen... Either one or both, & with Amare Stoudemire the only way to alleviate any of his contract would be a restructuring... On the signing bonus, if traded the Knicks could get some or all of it back with new team...

This is a business, first and foremost... I am not comparing this to the NFL as you might think... Knicks could have a starting lineup that not only will contend next season but a few more seasons down the line...

If it was me, would want to figure a way to get CP3 with Melo then build around them two... Keep Shumpert, re-sign Copeland, White & Prigioni while signing a couple of younger talented free agent for depth while getting one or two draft prospects... This is even if we kept a restructured Amare Stoudemire as part of the second team...

THERE IS NO SIGNING BONUS IN BASKETBALL......thats the point of the NBA vs the NFL.....
    You also cannot restructure and already existing contract.....

I hope this is clear and gives your sign and trades Zero shot.

Even more of what you do not understand.....The Lakers get nothing back for Howard ????? That is correct BUT WHAT THEY DO GET IS THE MAX MONEY THEY COULD HAVE PAID HOWARD TO SPEND IN THE FREE MARKET...

Now you tell me AMARE AS YOUR 20 MILLION DOLLAR MAN OR 20 MILLION TO SPEND ON SOMEONE ELSE OR MULTIPLE OF PLAYERS....

Are U partying with JR when you come up with this stuff........

Originally Posted by skisloper
    THERE IS NO SIGNING BONUS IN BASKETBALL......thats the point of the NBA vs the NFL.....
    You also cannot restructure and already existing contract.....

I hope this is clear and gives your sign and trades Zero shot.

Even more of what you do not understand.....The Lakers get nothing back for Howard ????? That is correct BUT WHAT THEY DO GET IS THE MAX MONEY THEY COULD HAVE PAID HOWARD TO SPEND IN THE FREE MARKET...

Now you tell me AMARE AS YOUR 20 MILLION DOLLAR MAN OR 20 MILLION TO SPEND ON SOMEONE ELSE OR MULTIPLE OF PLAYERS....

Are U partying with JR when you come up with this stuff........
    I am not going to fight with you but NOW with the new CBA there are signing bonuses...

So restructuring a player(s) contract with two years or less is viable, the team has enough reasons to push Amare to accept terms... They also could plea with Amare and use his words against himself -- Last off-season he was vying to get Steve Nash to the Knicks, well now we have the option to send you to the Lakers to re-unite with Steve Nash & Mike D'Antoni... It could happen, doesn't mean it will...

Lakers lose Howard they WILL NOT be able to sign any max money players in free agency as they are clear in the luxury tax with Gasol at $19 M and Bryant at $30 M just for those two players... Add in Duhon $4 M, Nash $9M, Hill $3.5 M, Meeks $2 M ($65 M just on this group of players) they just don't have any room to make any moves so "IF" Howard tells Buss Family that he wants out -- they "COULD" do this type of trade!!!

JR is likely opting out of his player option, but in this case if I was management would make him see that opting in would give him a better chance mid-season to sign a 5 year extension with this upcoming year being his 3rd year in Bird Rights... If he opts out the Knicks could offer him a 4 year deal around $25 M max -- of course they would do this after they set their roster...

Veteran

I am not going to fight with you but NOW with the new CBA there are signing bonuses...

So restructuring a player(s) contract with two years or less is viable, the team has enough reasons to push Amare to accept terms... They also could plea with Amare and use his words against himself -- Last off-season he was vying to get Steve Nash to the Knicks, well now we have the option to send you to the Lakers to re-unite with Steve Nash & Mike D'Antoni... It could happen, doesn't mean it will...

Lakers lose Howard they WILL NOT be able to sign any max money players in free agency as they are clear in the luxury tax with Gasol at $19 M and Bryant at $30 M just for those two players... Add in Duhon $4 M, Nash $9M, Hill $3.5 M, Meeks $2 M ($65 M just on this group of players) they just don't have any room to make any moves so "IF" Howard tells Buss Family that he wants out -- they "COULD" do this type of trade!!!

JR is likely opting out of his player option, but in this case if I was management would make him see that opting in would give him a better chance mid-season to sign a 5 year extension with this upcoming year being his 3rd year in Bird Rights... If he opts out the Knicks could offer him a 4 year deal around $25 M max -- of course they would do this after they set their roster...

Lets clearly agree to disagree .

Cope, Felton and Knicks next 2 1st rounders to LA for CP3

i dont want CP3 in Knicks uni

why the hate the guys a top 10 player

THIS...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Knicks throw in a 2014 1st round pick to LA and a 2015 2nd round pick to the Mavs.
    Last edited by johnk812; Jun 03, 2013 at 00:21. Reason: forgot something