Lin and Jordan sent to the D league

Sage

Rotation player
Knicks announced today that they have assigned Jerome Jordan and Jeremy Lin to the Erie BayHawks of the NBA D league.

Lin I definitely understand, he's just not playing the game expected of an NBA player. I'm a little surprised theyve sent Jordan down, he looked like he could have contributed more than he did. But I suppose the D League is a good spot if they weren't gonna play him anyway.

Clearing spots for more signings maybe?

tiger0330

Legend
No surprise really particularly for young players like Lin and Jordan that need playing time. Like you said the Knicks are playing ugly and need to bring in some players with those roster spots, I would even look at Arenas at this point.

finestrg

Rotation player
Is that how it works now? I remember under the old CBA, even if players were sent down to the D-League, they'd still occupy a roster spot. Has that changed? God I hope so because now that paves the way to bring in two new players, perhaps even from the very same D-League or even Europe, that may be further along than Lin and Jordan.

Not sure that's how it works though, which is why I've been saying the following: CUT Lin & Walker and bring in two BETTER substitutes...And while we're talking Jerome Jordan, I'd look to shop him too, even for a mere 2nd round pick---we could use his roster spot as well (I personally think Marcus Cousin is a better player than Jerome Jordan..And I know this guy's out there looking for work right now). Here's what I believe -- there are better players out there than Lin and Walker: current unemployed FAs just waiting for a phone call (like Marcus Cousin, Al Thornton), superior players playing right now in the NBDL (Willie Warren, Manny Harris, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute clone Marqus Blakely [slightly smaller]), playing in Europe (Curtis Jerrells, Ben Hansbrough, Sylven Landesberg), etc..Go get 'em...Here's what this boils down to for me: if we sent Lin and Jordan to the DL just to get experience where they'd still occupy a roster spot = I'm not excited. If they did this to open up roster spots in order to bring in better talents = now I'm excited.

Last edited:

Sage

Rotation player
Is that how it works now? I remember under the old CBA, even if players were sent down to the D-League, they'd still occupy a roster spot. Has that changed? God I hope so because now that paves the way to bring in two new players, perhaps even from the very same D-League or even Europe, that may be further along than Lin and Jordan.

I'm really not sure either. I kinda hoped it would free up roster spots but that seems like a cheap way of doing it, so I'd say it's not allowed.

Just like the old CBA

They're will be no signings. Sorry guys. That part of the collective bargaining agreement hasn't changed. They are in the d league but still fill our roster. Still 15

KingofNy

Starter
They're will be no signings. Sorry guys. That part of the collective bargaining agreement hasn't changed. They are in the d league but still fill our roster. Still 15

So basically life still sucks. What's the point of sending them down to the D-league when our current bench has been sucking a$$? Makes absolutely no sense.

I would much rather start Jordan than Jeffries. At least Jordan can score and block shots. Jared Jeffries is only good for about an airball and a drawn charge. And MDA has NEVER given LIN a chance to play. This team drives me nuts sometimes.

As much as you're right about Lin not getting enough time to show his true skills, we're going to have to deal with it. Jordan still needs to better his skills, so I understand sending him down. But the truth of the matter is, I rather them get a lot of playing time and get better, rather than rot on the bench. We can bring them back up or send them down for a max of three times a season. So I don't think we'll be seeing the last of them

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
So basically life still sucks. What's the point of sending them down to the D-league when our current bench has been sucking a$$? Makes absolutely no sense.

I would much rather start Jordan than Jeffries. At least Jordan can score and block shots. Jared Jeffries is only good for about an airball and a drawn charge. And MDA has NEVER given LIN a chance to play. This team drives me nuts sometimes.

Because they will not play at all? In the D-League they will at least get some game experience.

Both guys really aren't that good. Jordan is basically a 25 year old project still and Lin hasn't shown anything so far in his career. I can't see them being anything in the NBA.

KingofNy

Starter
Because they will not play at all? In the D-League they will at least get some game experience.

Both guys really aren't that good. Jordan is basically a 25 year old project still and Lin hasn't shown anything so far in his career. I can't see them being anything in the NBA.

I don't know... Jordan seemed to play well the very little minutes he got in those first few games and he defended good as well. The Knicks have barely had time to practice so I don't see how D'Antoni couldn't at least throw Lin in for a game or two with the 2nd team and see how he does. He can't do much worse than Walker, Fields, Douglas. Seriously.

I mean we know it's a short, intense season, why would we need a deep bench? (SARCASM)

Well I guess it doesn't matter either way. Hopefully one of them will blow up the D-league and Dumbtoni will realize he's dumb for not trying them before sending them down there.

Question for the guys here who know the CBA: Is it true that other teams can sign someone off of our D-League team while they're down there or do we own their rights regardless?

CoolClyde

Clueless

at least Jerry Jordan will get some playing time, he needs it.
F'cktoni the Clueless had no plans to play him unless garbage time reared it's ugly ass again,
and even then, his minutes were numbered. until JJ can show he's got the tremendous chops
of the other JJ (Giraffe), he will never get quality run in the mustachio scenario.
just another reason to hate Antonius.

Lin? who cares. if he actually does anything worthwhile in D-town, maybe he'll have
an Andy Rautins chance in hell of more garbage time.

F'CKTONI THE CLUELESS LOSERONI
loser_toni.jpg

I don't know... Jordan seemed to play well the very little minutes he got in those first few games and he defended good as well. The Knicks have barely had time to practice so I don't see how D'Antoni couldn't at least throw Lin in for a game or two with the 2nd team and see how he does. He can't do much worse than Walker, Fields, Douglas. Seriously.

I mean we know it's a short, intense season, why would we need a deep bench? (SARCASM)

Well I guess it doesn't matter either way. Hopefully one of them will blow up the D-league and Dumbtoni will realize he's dumb for not trying them before sending them down there.

Question for the guys here who know the CBA: Is it true that other teams can sign someone off of our D-League team while they're down there or do we own their rights regardless?

I totally agree on Jordan. Seems like we couldve used some of his skills to spell Chandler for 10-15 min a game. I just dont get this coach.

Wargames

Starter
I actually like the idea of Jordan in the D league he wasnt getting minutes and he needs to develop to either join the Knicks roster or to become Big Man trade bait which in the NBA is a very good thing to have. Also not even counting Jefferies (who we all wish we didn't have to) the knicks have Chandler & Amare who can play Center. Jordan was on the path to waste on the bench like Anthony randolph who while a horrible player was & continues to be a trade asset teams.around the league like. That what the knicks at the very least should want jordan to become so they can move him possibly this summer.

As for Lin ehhh his contract wasn't guaranteed so yeah they can cut him no problem. I'm hoping the knicks pick up a backup worthy PG to give Baron some support for the rest if the season.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Jordan in the D-League sucks...we could use this guy. He looked like he played decent, deserves his shot to play 7-8 minutes a game. SMH coach

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Whats the point of sending to D-league if still on the roster?

Is this for training purposes to use them next season?

Can we recall them mid-season?

Sorry I thought it freed up roster, otherwise, what's the point? Maybe the above?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, maybe D'Antoni wants them to get some playing time to stay in shape, so he can recall them in case of emergency?

quiggle

Starter
can someone tell Jeremy Lin how silly it looks to wear black socks with white sneakers, especially when playing on the road?