PHX @ NYK 1/18 7:30 pm

jpz17

Starter
Sorry guys I don't have time to make a great game thread.. I have some personal things to deal with I just wanted to make sure to get the thread up and I'll get another game thread for another game sometime soon if Rady is ok with that

All game discussion goes here.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I just wanna say if we lose this game and D'Antoni doesn't get axed then Dolan is a ****ing idiot

TakMan

Rotation player
Just a little something on today's opponent

Taken from NBA.com:

Phoenix (4-9), meanwhile, isn't playing much defense.
After allowing an average of 91.5 points in splitting their first eight games, the Suns are surrendering 106.0 during a five-game losing streak. In Tuesday's 118-97 loss to Chicago, they allowed opponent season highs in points and field goal percentage (53.4). The Bulls, who had 96 points through three quarters, managed to completely overwhelm Phoenix despite playing without reigning league MVP Derrick Rose (toe).
"We are not the Phoenix Suns of old. We need to slow down and guard them more closely," coach Alvin Gentry said. "We need to defend better, we need to be more physical especially on our rebounding. We also need to communicate better on our defensive rotations."
Steve Nash's play was the only bright spot for the Suns in the opener of a back-to-back. He finished with a season-high 25 points on 10 of 13 shooting and nine assists in 30 minutes as he was able to sit out the final period with Chicago cruising to victory.
The 37-year-old Nash is averaging 17.1 points on 63.0 percent shooting and 11.1 assists in eight games this month.
"Nash is one of the best," said Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, who coached the Suns from 2003-08. "They run our offense, or we run their offense, either way you want to look at it. Maybe we'll learn how to run it."
Nash's former teammate Stoudemire is in the middle of New York's offensive woes, averaging 10.0 points on 36.4 percent shooting and 3.7 rebounds during the skid, but could be poised for a big game,
Stoudemire, who played for Phoenix from 2002-10, combined for 64 points in his first two games against his former team last season. The Knicks, who were second in the league in scoring last season at 106.5 per game, split those two games, scoring 121 in each.

Nash is brilliant. He's got the brains to compete at top level for another 3 years. Other than that the Suns have been significantly weakened of late. Stoudamire should require no additional motivation to play here. If the Knicks can contain Nash, it should be an easy one; If they can't.......Well, they should still win really.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Taken from NBA.com:

Nash is brilliant. He's got the brains to compete at top level for another 3 years. Other than that the Suns have been significantly weakened of late. Stoudamire should require no additional motivation to play here. If the Knicks can contain Nash, it should be an easy one; If they can't.......Well, they should still win really.

D'Antoni is gonna get so hot and wet watching Nash play is gonna be hilarious I mean we gotta get the joker out of New York before we become the laughing stock of the NBA....wait am I too late

TakMan

Rotation player
D'Antoni is gonna get so hot and wet watching Nash play is gonna be hilarious I mean we gotta get the joker out of New York before we become the laughing stock of the NBA....wait am I too late

Regardless of what people's opinion of the coach is (and believe me I have my fair share of issues with him), lack of decent coaching should not make a difference in this game. This team should be able to beat the Suns just by turning up to play. If the Knicks lose, I think there is a lot more we need to be focussing on; not just the coach.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
So who is gonna get career high tonight?

my picks - either Channing Frye, Gortat or Markief Morris

Nash 25 pts 15 as

I would have to say Channing or Markief they will go for 25+ and 11 + boards to add to the pain. I hope this game turns out better than the last couple we have to be able to win against the teams like this.

TakMan

Rotation player
I would have to say Channing or Markief they will go for 25+ and 11 + boards to add to the pain. I hope this game turns out better than the last couple we have to be able to win against the teams like this.

Last year it was the 'bigs' that had career nights, whereas this year it's the shooters. I'm going with Frye if I'm to go with anyone; but I've got a good overall feeling about this game.

Phoenix are 4-9, they're pretty bad this year.

Clearly a team in transition that will finish between 10th and 12th in their Conference.

Even a bad playing Knicks team should be able to beat them. I can't see Phoenix winning this one under the current circumstances. The Knicks got their backs against the wall, this is pretty much a must win or things might really get uncomfortable for certain players....

Red

TYPE-A
stock-photo-young-man-in-ecological-paper-bag-on-head-and-crossed-arms-66030982.jpg

It's sad when I read a NYK's game thread and posters predict players on the other team to have career nights.

Even though we are rebuilt with stars.

Even if they were former no-names.

Sad and pathetic.

And what's worse is they have a basis, a legit reason for thinking this... and it's just not based on this year, it's from years past.

Refer to the sig

TakMan

Rotation player
stock-photo-young-man-in-ecological-paper-bag-on-head-and-crossed-arms-66030982.jpg

It's sad when I read a NYK's game thread and posters predict players on the other team to have career nights.

Even though we are rebuilt with stars.

Even if they were former no-names.

Sad and pathetic.

And what's worse is they have a basis, a legit reason for thinking this... and it's just not based on this year, it's from years past.

Refer to the sig

Would you rather we took the "Tonight's gonna be the night we turn things around" approach? We're realistic. The Knicks have made players out of Diaw, Rudy Gay, and Ryan Anderson (who shot 2-9 three's last night) in recent games; Why would you not expect another night where Mr Mediocre shines? Perimeter 'D' has been a massive issue this year and as long as it continues to be, average players will increase their chances of career nights when playing the Knicks.

Addition: Just to add that I strongly believe there will be a turnaround in performances for this team; It will, however, be gradual.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont Hate the Player....FIRE Dantoni

Regardless of what people's opinion of the coach is (and believe me I have my fair share of issues with him), lack of decent coaching should not make a difference in this game. This team should be able to beat the Suns just by turning up to play. If the Knicks lose, I think there is a lot more we need to be focussing on; not just the coach.

The Knicks dont need a headcoach or coaching-staff to beat the Phoenix Suns....
the Knicks players need to lose to get Dantoni FIRED. call it Players-unity
:thumbsup:

I been mentioning for the longest u cant judge any of our players when u
have a clueless flawed headcoach.

If Phoenix headcoach George Johnson never went 6 games in a series with the
Championship Spurs, using SG-J.Johnson, SF-Marion, and PF-Stat, maybe I
would give Damnphoney some coaching credit.