Other guys have to step up like STAT he needs to play like a top 5 PF again, Fields needs to reclaim his confidence, and TD needs to find his stroke. But with BD back he solves a lot of the Knicks Problems
1. The Knicks had a scoring first non play making no penetrating PG running the show and now theres a rookie SG running the point for the Knicks. BD will get these guys back in their natural positions
2. Amare has proven he can not play to his full potential without a competent play maker he's not a pure iso scorer like Melo most of the time he needs to catch the ball on the go in P&R. Chandler even though not a huge offensive option will also be excellent in the P&R with Davis and will get more easy buckets.
3. Fields like Amare I feel needs to play off a good play maker that can get him the ball on the go and also the development of Shumps off ball play should get him a lot easier shots with a real floor general.
4. Melo should not be asked to initiate the offense and then finish at the same time it puts the ball in his hands too much, Davis will force Melo to play off the ball way more and focus on getting to his sweet spots, post positioning, and finishing.
5. Baron Davis himself I think once healthy and back to 100% game shape after a few weeks will flourish in NY just worrying about only making plays and controlling the tempo he has no pressure to be the leading scorer or the closer for this team. Like I said he just had to make the right plays which he does his assists lead to the highest percentage shots and control the tempo.
So in my opinion after a few weeks of a healthy Davis team will look completely diff on the offensive end as for the D idk STAT has to step up and try to match Chandlers defensive intensity.