Nash, Felton or Nelson

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer

iSaYughh

Starter
Nelson because he's the weakest player.

Nash because he has the most money and is looking for a final splash to end his career on and make a huge move to a potential contender.

Felton...because maybe deep down he really loves NYC, and the market dries up for him

iSaYughh

Starter
And I'd prefer Nash the most. A pure shooter, with his non-physical abilities and wisdom will last at least several more years and contribute on a level far exceeding even Felton's.

Felton isn't far behind, though. Younger, higher basement.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
And I'd prefer Nash the most. A pure shooter, with his non-physical abilities and wisdom will last at least several more years and contribute on a level far exceeding even Felton's.

Felton isn't far behind, though. Younger, higher basement.

I have to agree with you. I would go for Nash because I believe he can go 3 more seasons. But I wouldnt be opposed to Felton neither. These guys (amare, melo, chandler) if I'm not mistaken are here for 3 more years after this. Here are Felton's stats for when he was in NY for 50+ games:

Felton: 17.1 ppg 9.0 AST 3.3 TO 1.8 stl 42%fg 3.6rb
Nash: 14.2 ppg 10.0 ast 3.4 TO 0.7st 53%fg 1.4 rb

KBlack25

Starter
I'd go Felton then Nash then Nelson. I only go Felton first bc I think we could get his whole career and not just the twO years Nash has left

Ray Ray please. I love Nash and he would proabably show the most impact right away because he knows this MDA system more than anyone. BUT Felton also know this system, maybe not as much as Nash but he has much more room to grow. Young, quick legs with that tough demeanor is something NY needs.

PLUS, assuming we all want MDA gone after this year, I don't see Nash coming if he's gone. SO Felton please

Wargames

Starter
man Felton came here on a flyer contract for 7 a year and the Knicks traded him..... Idk how you guys think he will come back.

Nelson maybe because if Dwight leaves he will be out right after him unless the Magic offer his a sweetheart deal to try to maintain roster stability going into next year.

Nash though... if he comes for the Vet minimum like barron the knicks should be stoked:smokin:. However to use their last MLE on an 38 year old player is insane..... Like come on guys. The MLE should be able to get the Knicks a very good player just because next year the price of players will have gone down. Don't let the exuberant contract from this year trick you. A lot of teams gave out good contracts to meet that 90% of the salary cap threshold that the league demanded. Nash is good like that but age is going to catch up to him eventually.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm not really one to dwell on next season when we have more than half of this one to still play. However, I came across these two articles that I thought were good for thought. The questions I have:

Who would you rather have?

Which one of these guys will take the 5 million mid-level exception?

Who is the long term solution?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Nash_Nelson_Felton_With_$5_Million_Exception

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...023668.html;_ylt=Am2A2ftW.CVAVDCBqr_9sFe8vLYF
Nash

imagine Nash back with Amare, plus Melo and Tyson....Nash would average 15 assists a game.

I'm not really one to dwell on next season when we have more than half of this one to still play. However, I came across these two articles that I thought were good for thought. The questions I have:

Who would you rather have?

Which one of these guys will take the 5 million mid-level exception?

Who is the long term solution?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Nash_Nelson_Felton_With_$5_Million_Exception

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...023668.html;_ylt=Am2A2ftW.CVAVDCBqr_9sFe8vLYF

Dude we dont need a PG. We need a Head Coach. I could run the point with a front court of STAT, MELO and CHANDLER and win. First thing I'd do is before every opening tip I'd tell all 3 of them F what MDA says. STAT & Chandler get your big asses down low.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nash.

Felton is one of the few players in the NBA other than Shumpert who might actually take shots away from Melo and Amar'e.

Nelson is good but I'm not sure if he'll get hurt and things will go south from there.

Steve Nash is very well-conditioned and he is a player who is known to MAKE HIS TEAMS BETTER. That's what we need.

iSaYughh

Starter
Dude we dont need a PG. We need a Head Coach. I could run the point with a front court of STAT, MELO and CHANDLER and win. First thing I'd do is before every opening tip I'd tell all 3 of them F what MDA says. STAT & Chandler get your big asses down low.

:aplause: Welcome to the 2012 KO Forums! Below, we can continue these rousing discussions and statements over a 2nd course of circle jerks and why Jared Jeffries should be our starting shooting guard!

:pray: Please, lord, make it stop.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
So I see a lot of people agree with Nash. The question is does Nash have 2 or 4 years left in the tank? Also Idk if you guys watched the post game but Alan Hahn said that many gm's think Nash could get more than the mid-level.

Unless Nash has that so called love and desire that melo and STAT have for NY (sarcasm) thats the only way we will get him. We kind of did play Felton by sending him off and keep FIELDS. Felton has good situation over there in Portland and they look better than the knicks so I dont see him leaving, espicially since he played for like 4 teams in 2 years.

Nelson I really dont have an opinion on. I just dont follow the guy and for what I do know he's always hurt.

CA7

Scoring Champ
If Nash we say 32 then yeah but also I dont want Nash because Nash would equal more C'Antoni.

I want a head coach with a good pedigree who's learned from greats I want the next Tom Thibodeau

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
So I see a lot of people agree with Nash. The question is does Nash have 2 or 4 years left in the tank? Also Idk if you guys watched the post game but Alan Hahn said that many gm's think Nash could get more than the mid-level.

Unless Nash has that so called love and desire that melo and STAT have for NY (sarcasm) thats the only way we will get him. We kind of did play Felton by sending him off and keep FIELDS. Felton has good situation over there in Portland and they look better than the knicks so I dont see him leaving, espicially since he played for like 4 teams in 2 years.

Nelson I really dont have an opinion on. I just dont follow the guy and for what I do know he's always hurt.

Nash lives in NY in the off-season, so I'm sure he'd have no opposition to the city of NY. The only thing that might happen would be if some team out there offers him a TON, but even then, ring-chasing, you know...

Wargames

Starter
Ehhh I really wanna believe Baron plays well enough that the Knicks don't use that last MLE on a older PG. Anyhow 3 defensive liabilities as starters seems like a bad idea.

Until proven wrong I'm on the baron bandwagon. If Eddy "Lazy Fatass" Curry can Play well I truly feel Baron can come back and play well too. If he can get the Knicks to play well then I can go back to my self delusion that the Knicks are NBA contenders and that Dolan as their owner isn't a gloomy curse of perpetual failure that hangs over the team.

Last edited: