I think this article sums up the problem with D'Antoni perfectly.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...torella-dealing-james-dolan-article-1.1008504

Some quotes:

Donnie Walsh, who was rebuilding the Knicks at a record pace compared to Sather’s years with the Rangers, embraced the media and was committed to doing things his way. When Walsh disagreed with Dolan over the Carmelo Anthony trade, his fate was sealed. Within three months, Dolan kicked a great basketball man and a true gentleman to the curb.

But D’Antoni is non-confrontational to a fault. He doesn’t have the appetite to battle management or confront his superstar players when they are mindlessly jacking up shots or not working on defense.

D'Antoni has no ****ing balls. He gets pissed off and sad but never does anything about it and always comes up with ****ing excuses. Stop with the ****ing excuses and fix shit. It's the same GODDAMN problems EVERY GAME. I'm sure he recognizes the problems, he's just scared to do anything about it. Scream at ****ing Carmelo who jacks up the most ridiculous shots. Tell Stoudemire to play some ****ing defense. Coaches like Phil Jackson took shit from no one.

Last edited:
The first sentence from that article you quoted is actually more interesting than the second. It sums up our dilemma, we would not be in this situation if we had a half decent owner who didn't ruin Walsh's 3 year work in a couple of weeks and run the best GM we've had in the past 10 years out of town.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
The first sentence from that article you quoted is actually more interesting than the second. It sums up our dilemma, we would not be in this situation if we had a half decent owner who didn't ruin Walsh's 3 year work in a couple of weeks and run the best GM we've had in the past 10 years out of town.

i agree, however, there's nothing more we could do about that. all we can do is look forward to the future. someone needs to stand up to dolan

fender0577

Rotation player
Agreed,that's exactly what i though.

i agree, however, there's nothing more we could do about that. all we can do is look forward to the future. someone needs to stand up to dolan
He has to be the worst, or dumbest owner in sports.

Dolon's focus is on the NY Rangers, they seem to be the hottest team in Hockey right now.

D'Ant is a puss, he seems to only scream at Douglas and the other newbs... never says a thing to Stat or Melo.

D'Ant allows them to jack up those fast shots (SSOL) so don't expect him to complain too much as far as that's concern. I've never seen a coach like this in my life. How the hell he made it into the NBA as a coach is beyound me. I now know his brief success with the Suns falls solely on the skillz of Nash. If it wasn't for him...I doubt this coach will even be here. In a way...this kind of makes me mad at Nash...for making this fake coach look good in the eyes of Walsh and Dolon.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I gotta say I am not mad about the Melo trade he's better than every player we traded but if I was Dolan I would have told Denver, why do you need Felton when you have Lawson, all you did was flip Felton for Miller whos expiring anyway the same way Billups your hometown hero was.

I would have said take Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov, a 1st, 2 2nds and Curry.

It was rushed because we could have kept the PG we needed the thing is we wouldn't have Chandler and probably not have Shumpert so again I say which group is better

Felton/Gallinari/W. Chandler or Anthony/T. Chandler/Shumpert

The difference comes down to STAT he has to become a better player without an legit PG, attack the boards, run the floor or call for post ups you cant rely on the Pick n Roll all the time. Basketball is about adapting and reacting STAT does neither

nyk_nyk

All Star
I gotta say I am not mad about the Melo trade he's better than every player we traded but if I was Dolan I would have told Denver, why do you need Felton when you have Lawson, all you did was flip Felton for Miller whos expiring anyway the same way Billups your hometown hero was.

I would have said take Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov, a 1st, 2 2nds and Curry.

It was rushed because we could have kept the PG we needed the thing is we wouldn't have Chandler and probably not have Shumpert so again I say which group is better

Felton/Gallinari/W. Chandler or Anthony/T. Chandler/Shumpert

The difference comes down to STAT he has to become a better player without an legit PG, attack the boards, run the floor or call for post ups you cant rely on the Pick n Roll all the time. Basketball is about adapting and reacting STAT does neither

We should all know why DEN "needed" Felton and all those other players. They were upset about losing Melo to a team of his choice and there were going to get all they could, even if it was a bit much.

Back on subject. Antoni only barks at you if your last name isn't Chandler, Anthony or Stoudemire. Everyone on that team makes mistakes.

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...torella-dealing-james-dolan-article-1.1008504

Some quotes:

D'Antoni has no ****ing balls. He gets pissed off and sad but never does anything about it and always comes up with ****ing excuses. Stop with the ****ing excuses and fix shit. It's the same GODDAMN problems EVERY GAME. I'm sure he recognizes the problems, he's just scared to do anything about it. Scream at ****ing Carmelo who jacks up the most ridiculous shots. Tell Stoudemire to play some ****ing defense. Coaches like Phil Jackson took shit from no one.
your right but getting Melo was not mistake.

Our team was a .500 team and Felton is a scoring PG not a legit distributer. Anyone can average alot of assists in this system. Duhon has a high average and he stunk. Anyone can have high numbers when feeding Melo and Amare, we just have no PG. And our coach can't adjust to anything. X's and O's he is terrible.

Gallo was a choke and over rated. And Felton could never do a proper pick and roll consistently.

And im glad someone finally pointed this out, he only yells at young players! Never at Amare or Melo. Never. He chooses favorites and is a p*ssy.

Get him out of here please God