Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo's family issue...

Default Carmelo's family issue...

Carmelo Anthony will not attend Thursday's practice due to an unspecified family issue, according to the Knicks. His status for Friday night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks is 'uncertain' at this point, according to the team.

Anthony left Madison Square Garden without speaking to reporters after the Knicks' loss to the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday.

A team spokesman said Anthony left because of the family issue.

Anthony's status for Saturday's game against the Denver Nuggets is also uncertain at this point.

Saturday night's game at Madison Square Garden would be Anthony's first against the Nuggets since he was traded from Denver to New York last February.

I don't know what his "family issue" could be, but it looks like he's playing his standard **** he was know of when he played in Denver. Namely, he avoid the media because he doesn't want to answer any questions about his ****ty hoops last night (remember: it's never Melo's fault when we lose and it's always him when we win, that's how it worked in Denver) and if he's not going to play against the Nuggets it means right now he's ****ting himself, because he knows that if we get blown out nobody will remember about that few 30+ poitns games, his lazy ass will be under heavy fire and almost everyone (national media included) will be talking about how the Knicks got screwed trading for him. I hope I'm wrong but this is how it looks now.

I think we should reserve judgment until we know what the issue is. It could be something really bad, you never know.

I think you need to settle down with the accusations. He's one of the few bright spots this season.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I think we should reserve judgment until we know what the issue is. It could be something really bad, you never know.
    I'm just saying how it looks at this point. If it's something serious I'll take my words back, but knowing Melo's behavior when he plays disappointing it could be just an excuse...

I love 'Melo. I'm a Syracuse guy and he will always be my guy. I hope his love ones are ok..

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Carmelo Anthony will not attend Thursday's practice due to an unspecified family issue, according to the Knicks. His status for Friday night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks is 'uncertain' at this point, according to the team.

Anthony left Madison Square Garden without speaking to reporters after the Knicks' loss to the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday.

A team spokesman said Anthony left because of the family issue.

Anthony's status for Saturday's game against the Denver Nuggets is also uncertain at this point.

Saturday night's game at Madison Square Garden would be Anthony's first against the Nuggets since he was traded from Denver to New York last February.

I don't know what his "family issue" could be, but it looks like he's playing his standard **** he was know of when he played in Denver. Namely, he avoid the media because he doesn't want to answer any questions about his ****ty hoops last night (remember: it's never Melo's fault when we lose and it's always him when we win, that's how it worked in Denver) and if he's not going to play against the Nuggets it means right now he's ****ting himself, because he knows that if we get blown out nobody will remember about that few 30+ poitns games, his lazy ass will be under heavy fire and almost everyone (national media included) will be talking about how the Knicks got screwed trading for him. I hope I'm wrong but this is how it looks now.
    Your accusations against Melo are an unbounded cheek sir!

His son could be sick or his wife/mother/brothers could be in trouble.

To claim he invented this to bugger off is not only stupid, but also abusive towards our franchise player!

This guys one of the biggest Melo haters here.

Here's your franchise player:

I dont care about him not talking to reporters,

I dont care about his family issues

I dont care that he slaps and runs

I dont care that he avoids the media

WHAT I DAMN WELL CARE ABOUT IS THAT HE IS PLAYING GOD AWFUL RIGHT NOW AND AS OUR FRANCHISE PLAYER I PLACE THE BLAME ON HIM AND ONLY HIM FOR OUR CURRENT RECORD AND HORRIBLE TEAM PLAY

HE CHUCKS
    Holds the ball
    JACKS 3 points 3 seconds into the shot clock from 28 out when we are down
    forces passes because he dribbles his way into double teams as opposed to getting rid of the ball quickly
    he shoots fade aways over double teams
    he bricks free throws
    he doesnt play defense , instead he just reaches in and slaps at the ball while a player goes around him

Carmelo anthony needs a swift kick in the @ss

If not it is going to be a long season, and a long few years

because if our leader chucks threes

while shumpert and fields keep us in the game against a lottery team

we are in big big trouble.

mutiny. same stuffs that Mabury did in 2008 when he bailed on Zeke and the team remember?

Superstar

I'm not going to sit here and comment on a man's off the court family issues, that's just wrong.As far as on the court he looks a little hurt, watching the last game he was getting his shots and getting by people, but he had no lift, i don't know what's going on.Maybe he needs rest, or an offensive system where he gets easier shots in the flow of the offense, isolating an player all game wears him out.

theres no excuse for the hurt, look at what kobes doing with his injuries

Superstar

Originally Posted by quiggle
    theres no excuse for the hurt, look at what kobes doing with his injuries
    ^^True, but no one plays through injuries like Kobe.

1. Melo really cares about his family....he missed a few games a few years ago because of the death of his sister and it took a toll on his mind

2. So you guys want Melo to get the ball and do what pass it then get it back with 5 seconds left and is forced to throw up some nonsense. I mean watch the game look at when and where he gets the ball, look at what the team does when he gets the ball. If you notice he holds it because he waits for them to cut, when they cut he passes or are you not watching. Its just typical for us to overreact then thing is our team isn't build well around STAT and Melo, we got the Center they need, they need a PG who can command the offense and make things easier(Nash), a shooting guard who can consistently get off shots and knock them down(Ray Allen type)

3. Melo is playing the same way he played in Denver but why did it work in Denver because George Karl is a great HOF coach, D'Antoni is not. In Denver guys knew how to play off Melo and make sure he could go one on one when he needs to. In New York every time he touches the ball teams zone up and the other 4 guys stand still

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7

3. Melo is playing the same way he played in Denver but why did it work in Denver because George Karl is a great HOF coach, D'Antoni is not. In Denver guys knew how to play off Melo and make sure he could go one on one when he needs to. In New York every time he touches the ball teams zone up and the other 4 guys stand still
    Couldn't have said it better my self, if you've been watching the knicks, you'll see exactly what CA7 is saying.Melo gets the ball and everyone just stands their watching, this is what a coach is suppose to explain to his players, when a teams star gets the ball, all the opposing players are watching him, and that's your chance to cut to get open.I'm not even sure Antoni knows this, it's simple basketball.Hell iv'e watched Princeton beat top teams in the country for years by using this simple philosophy.