Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo's family issue...

Lets hope all is well. Good teams win even without their star players. We need our guys to step up. I would give Bibby more minutes this game to chuck up some 3's as well as Novak. Go Knicks

Melo is the least of the team's worries. He had a bad game as do all star players. Kobe recently had an atrocious shooting night. Melo will bounce back and continue his dominance. Not worried at all.

I'd worry more about Stat at this point since his game is so dependent on a true PG... unless he can expand his game some (post up).

Originally Posted by CA7
    2. So you guys want Melo to get the ball and do what pass it then get it back with 5 seconds left and is forced to throw up some nonsense. I mean watch the game look at when and where he gets the ball, look at what the team does when he gets the ball. If you notice he holds it because he waits for them to cut, when they cut he passes or are you not watching.
    Agree. Melo is a willing passer and always shows this in the beginning of games. He will make the pass if guys cut and get open. Melo tends to prefer isolation when the team falls into a lull and stops producing points. This is what star players do! When the Bulls needed baskets, MJ got the ball and did what he does best. Same with Kobe, Dirk, Wade... It's not like Melo is being selfish all game... he takes over when he feels like he has to.

I can't believe the amount of stick Melo gets in here.....

He has been our best player this season for god's sake!!!!

While $100 million man Stoudemire sucks more than a Amsterdam brothel hooker.....

You guys wana criticize melo? Fine, but then critizice Stoudemire twice as hard or even three times as hard!

I agree with Spree, That rhymes by the way.

If someone needs to be criticized it outta be STAT. He's been light years from his talent level.

You people are so damn critical of STAT.

Lets make a list of the top 5 power fowards in the NBA:

Blake Griffen
    Dirk
    Kevin Love
    Lamarcus Aldrige
    Pau Gasol

Now you dont have to agree with my top 5, but for the most part these guys are the top 10 right? Now lets look at whos feeding them the ball

Blake Griffen-> Chris Paul
    Dirk Nowitzki-> Jason Kidd
    Kevin Love ->Rubio, JJ, Ridnour
    Lamarcus Aldrige-> Felton, Andre Miller
    Pau Gasol -> Derek Fisher

Now if you put Shumpert or Douglas on any of these teams they would NOT start. You take any of the point guards above and put them on the knicks they WOULD start. Pretty much all elite power forwards need an above average point guard to facilatate and feed them the ball. Shumpert and Douglas just can't do it. Remember the offense when we had Felton? It had rythm it had flow and the pick and roll with Amare was good.

STAT played a lot at 5 last year. With Danilo at 4 and Chandler at 3, he played closer to the basket.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings

Blake Griffen
    Dirk
    Kevin Love
    Lamarcus Aldrige
    Pau Gasol

Now you dont have to agree with my top 5, but for the most part these guys are the top 10 right? Now lets look at whos feeding them the ball

Now if you put Shumpert or Douglas on any of these teams they would NOT start. You take any of the point guards above and put them on the knicks they WOULD start. Pretty much all elite power forwards need an above average point guard to facilatate and feed them the ball. Shumpert and Douglas just can't do it. Remember the offense when we had Felton? It had rythm it had flow and the pick and roll with Amare was good.
    WELL SAID!

Blake Griffen
    Dirk
    Kevin Love
    Lamarcus Aldrige
    Pau Gasol

I'll give you all those guys except Gasol. Fisher is not a starter becasue of his passing ability. He's just trusted with the position. Also, those guys were good before the PGs they play with now. What you should do is show all the PGs they played with and not just recently. These PFs made a name for themselves prior to even playing with the PGs you listed.

Blake Griffen
    Dirk
    Kevin Love
    Lamarcus Aldrige
    Pau Gasol

The point is STAT should be able to produce without having to be set up. He's a 100 Million Dollar Man for God sake.

Originally Posted by CA7
    The point is STAT should be able to produce without having to be set up. He's a 100 Million Dollar Man for God sake.
    The point is we want to win a championship right? Thats a goal of mine that I want for the knicks. That said, we're not going to win a championship with douglas or shumpert running the pg. Those two wouldnt start on even the worst teams.

Yes Stat is a 100 million dollar man. But everyone should know that he's never played without an above average pg and at this point of his career he wont. He is most effective when getting the ball in the right places.

Do you guys really think any of the top 5 PF I listed can have an significant success and make thier team contenders without an above average pg?

The problem is STAT and Melo are not getting good plays because of the incompetent pg play. There is bad spacing and when they get the ball they have to create on thier own.

KnicksonLIN.com

Carmelo Anthony has had problems in the past. If you remember, he had a death in the family last year.

Anthony wants to win as many games as possible, so it makes no sense for him to not show up unless it's an emergency.

The point is we want to win a championship right? Thats a goal of mine that I want for the knicks. That said, we're not going to win a championship with douglas or shumpert running the pg. Those two wouldnt start on even the worst teams.

Yes Stat is a 100 million dollar man. But everyone should know that he's never played without an above average pg and at this point of his career he wont. He is most effective when getting the ball in the right places.

Do you guys really think any of the top 5 PF I listed can have an significant success and make thier team contenders without an above average pg?

The problem is STAT and Melo are not getting good plays because of the incompetent pg play. There is bad spacing and when they get the ball they have to create on thier own.
    Last season Baron Davis said Griffin inspired him and made him the passing PG he was. Griffin made things a lot easier for Davis. Yes, maybe Davis was feeling much better too, but this is what Davis said.

Griffin would have had a better season with us thus far than Amar'e. David Lee would have too.

These guys handle business on their own. Of COURSE these guys play better with a PG, and guess what, that's with any other player at all positions! That's what good PGs do. That's what they're there for.

Tell me, would any of these other PFs dribble it out of bounds on the baseline and dribble it off their feet? Amar'e has many times done stuff he doesn't have the ABILITY to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amar'e was bad in some parts of the game last night, but finally he seemed into it.

Anthony took a couple or so shots that were out of the flow of the offense last night, he needs to correct that, but look at the amount of games HE had deal with where he was the only guy. NOW people criticize him???

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Last season Baron Davis said Griffin inspired him and made him the passing PG he was. Griffin made things a lot easier for Davis. Yes, maybe Davis was feeling much better too, but this is what Davis said.

Griffin would have had a better season with us thus far than Amar'e. David Lee would have too.

These guys handle business on their own. Of COURSE these guys play better with a PG, and guess what, that's with any other player at all positions! That's what good PGs do. That's what they're there for.

Tell me, would any of these other PFs dribble it out of bounds on the baseline and dribble it off their feet? Amar'e has many times done stuff he doesn't have the ABILITY to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amar'e was bad in some parts of the game last night, but finally he seemed into it.

Anthony took a couple or so shots that were out of the flow of the offense last night, he needs to correct that, but look at the amount of games HE had deal with where he was the only guy. NOW people criticize him???

I have to say I agree with you in some cases. But my point is winning and winning championships. If we examine the facts yes Melo and Stat are not playing well but its because of horrible PG play. History proves that championships are won by the hands of above average point guard play.

Last 10 Championships

2000: Lakers- Derick Fisher
    2001: Lakers-Derick Fisher
    2002: Lakers-Derick Fisher
    2003: Spurs- Tony Parker
    2004: Pistons-Chauncy Billups
    2005: Spurs- Tony Parker
    2006: Heat- Gary Payton/Jason Williams
    2007:Spurs-Tony Parker
    2008:Celtics- Rajon Rondo
    2009:Lakers- Derick Fisher
    2010:Lakers- Derick Fisher
    2011:Mavs- Jason Kidd

Shumpert or Douglas will not win us anything and thats not brain science. Hopefully Baron can come in here and run the floor. If not, dont expect Melo and Stat to co-exist and play well together.

I have to say I agree with you in some cases. But my point is winning and winning championships. If we examine the facts yes Melo and Stat are not playing well but its because of horrible PG play. History proves that championships are won by the hands of above average point guard play.

Last 10 Championships

2000: Lakers- Derick Fisher
    2001: Lakers-Derick Fisher
    2002: Lakers-Derick Fisher
    2003: Spurs- Tony Parker
    2004: Pistons-Chauncy Billups
    2005: Spurs- Tony Parker
    2006: Heat- Gary Payton/Jason Williams
    2007:Spurs-Tony Parker
    2008:Celtics- Rajon Rondo
    2009:Lakers- Derick Fisher
    2010:Lakers- Derick Fisher
    2011:Mavs- Jason Kidd

Shumpert or Douglas will not win us anything and thats not brain science. Hopefully Baron can come in here and run the floor. If not, dont expect Melo and Stat to co-exist and play well together.
    It's not a fact though that a team cannot win a championship without great PG play.

However, bad PG play is a different case, which we've seen a lot of of from our team this season.