Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks January 20, 7:30 PM

Originally Posted by CA7
    That right there is getting fired worthy
    I second that. Lets get this guy FIRRRRREEEDD!

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Because ANY decent NBA coach holds their players accountable for their play. The only guy D'Antoni holds accountable is Douglas and normally that's for missing a 3.
    So you're saying George Karl is not a decent coach?

Sorry fellas, Phil Jackson couldn't fix this. Mike Woodson, who will be our coach for the rest of the year certainly can't fix this.

I would rather get the pieces that Amare, Chandler and D'Antoni can work with and make this team better and deeper than watch Woodson try and coach this team or pray for Phil Jackson to come out of retirement and pray he even wants to coach this mess.

I want the Knicks to win, that's all. I have no allegiance to players or the coach, only the Knicks.

KnicksonLIN.com

According to Alan Hahn, Amar'e Stoudemire put on 20 lbs of muscle over the summer. I guess that explains why he sucks this year. I don't get how a guy who averaged over 25 points per game last year would feel the need to change his weight. SMH.

And wow is Melo selfish. I think pass is not in his vocabulary.

That being said, Antoni sucks.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I second that. Lets get this guy FIRRRRREEEDD!
    I bet he waits til the end of the year but honestly go get us Ron Adams and a shooting guard who can move without and the ball and knock down shots and I bet he has a Tom Thibodeau effect on us

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So you're saying George Karl is not a decent coach?

Sorry fellas, Phil Jackson couldn't fix this. Mike Woodson, who will be our coach for the rest of the year certainly can't fix this.

I would rather get the pieces that Amare, Chandler and D'Antoni can work with and make this team better and deeper than watch Woodson try and coach this team or pray for Phil Jackson to come out of retirement and pray he even wants to coach this mess.

I want the Knicks to win, that's all. I have no allegiance to players or the coach, only the Knicks.
    so you dont want Melo but you want STAT who's playing like ****

Originally Posted by CA7
    so you dont want Melo but you want STAT who's playing like ****
    I would definitely trade STAT but unfortunately I think he is untradeable. Nobody is taking his $100 mil uninsured contract. Or at least there is no way we can get the value we need for him.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I would definitely trade STAT but unfortunately I think he is untradeable. Nobody is taking his $100 mil uninsured contract. Or at least there is no way we can get the value we need for him.
    Oh i get you Melo gets us more back because he at least isn't injury prone ok I thought you meant scrap Melo and keep STAT because he's the better player.

Honestly I just think we need better guards, a better coach and a better owner oh and fans who dont boo when get down I mean talk **** but you're there to encourage not discourage

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    other than Marc Gasol, all those other big men were 1st round picks (lottery picks at that). They were either seen in high school/Europe dominating like Tyson or went to college for year and slapped guys around there. Jerome Jordan went to Tulsa, played for FOUR years and averaged 15 and 9. That's it. Greg Oden did that as a freshman, with a busted shooting hand, and legs that weren't the same length.

Jerome Jordan is now 25, the age where you say big men are supposed to "bloom"? He can't play more than 5 minutes without getting 3 fouls. He's not good enuff to play in the NBA. it's that simple.
    Sorry to disagree but I think you make alot of snap judgements on here, I agree with some of your posts, but to say he isn't good enough to play in the NBA at this point is silly. He may not be. I can admit he may not be. But how the hell can we know yet, he hasn't gotten a chance. They liked him in Europe, he was efficient in limited minutes for us with solid shooting and passing, I can't submit that as evidence because it was far too limited minutes to claim anything consistent, but not sure how you can say he sucks. And I am a mid major fan, there are good players that come out of there, saying he came from tulsa and not your beloved syracuse doesn't mean anything, my fav 2 su players were laurence moten and john wallace (from my town) and well... yeah... I'm not trying to hate, I just feel you can't say dude sucks just yet because there are absolutely cases of players in plenty of sports that go against what you are saying. Oden was supposed to be the next D12, so him being as good as a freshman as Jordan ever was in college is not significant. And college ball is not NBA ball, you can't just judge that ****, guys are frequently better pros that college athletes, and on the other side superstars in college that can't cut in in NBA. Adam Morrison was amazing and supposed to be the next Larry Bird. Jameer Nelson came out of the A-10 from a great team but without much excitement and has a good career, this is random, and I 100% agree that anyone can pick out cases to support any claim, I don't think my argument is any better than yours, my point is just that until the guy fails you can't really say he sucks. We all say Eddy Curry sucks, but off his debut I wouldn't be at all shocked if he was solid for Miami

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....I just don't think Jerome Jordan can play in the NBA. The NBA isn't like MLB where dudes can be in the minors until age 26, come in and have an impact or even be a star. And its not like those NFL runningbacks who sit on the practice squad (like Arian Foster or Ryan Grant or that guy the Giants had, Ward) and behind a good O-line drop 1000 yards. In the NBA, you are what you are, in my opinion.

Still waiting for "Fire Dantoni" chants to rain down in the Garden.. Tomorrow may be the night.

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....I just don't think Jerome Jordan can play in the NBA. The NBA isn't like MLB where dudes can be in the minors until age 26, come in and have an impact or even be a star. And its not like those NFL runningbacks who sit on the practice squad (like Arian Foster or Ryan Grant or that guy the Giants had, Ward) and behind a good O-line drop 1000 yards. In the NBA, you are what you are, in my opinion.
    Hey that's fair enough, I have no problem with that, and I am certainly not saying I think Jordan will be a star cuz I don't, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him be a serviceable backup. Actually gained respect for you, love to have reasonable conversations about disagreements, too often lately in life people can't disagree but have a decent conversation about it. At least I am sure we agree that **** needs to improve!!!

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Still waiting for "Fire Dantoni" chants to rain down in the Garden.. Tomorrow may be the night.
    Agree that is we are behind double digits tomorrow it may very well be the night. At this point, other than the fact that others mentioned we often play better against solid teams than ass teams, I can't see much reason for optimism tomorrow

I think fans have been grasping at straws for so long with this team, they thought they were going to will 20 good minutes out of Jerome Jordan lollll

Oh ease up, you are way misunderstanding if you think I am saying that. I've followed this team forever and always been reasonable, I never say 20 good minutes, but JJ should have gotten 6-10 minutes off bench in my opinion. If you hate you can hate, but I would also think many of you underrate the importance of role players too

Veteran

Very ugly.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a major roster change soon.

ie, Mike Bibby starting at point, alongside Shump at SG, and both getting the lion's share of minutes for the backcourt.

We are seeing two "superstars" who are either volume scorers and/or need the offense to flow through their game.

Tough.

They are simply a terrible, terrible pair. Unless you have a free flow, up tempo offense running the team, and there is a starting PG on the team (not exactly crazy needs).

The concerns most had about them playing together, was assuaged and countered by us running just the type of offense, highlighted by well-coached PG play, that we are the current antithesis of.

People slagged a lot on Bosh -- ppl still do -- but you can see how he was able to mold his game around the team in MIA. Ya, Amare is "better"..I gues, if you want to quantify it like who is more talented and 1 on 1 superior.

You'll notice in MIA, as well, that if Wade has a night that isn't STATistically glorious...and Lebron (or Bosh) are doing the heavy lifting....Wade still manages to be efficient, play D, and get his key assists/rebounds/steals etc. in.

Likewise for Bosh and Bron. It's rare one of them, or two of them, truly **** the bed -- even if they are taking a backseat in scoring and such -- and just self-destruct an entire performance (and game) away.