Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Trade Amare for D Will

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Trade Melo for D Will

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7484258/new-jersey-nets-deron-williams-list-teams-go-to

According to Chris Broussard, if Dwight Howard does not become a Net this year, Derron Williams will be gone. BUT Broussard said that the top 3 teams on Derron Williams wish list are the Mavericks, Lakers, and Knicks!

Now we obviously know this Melo/Amare thing isn't working right now. We have to see how Baron Davis pans out.

If Baron Davis doesn't pan out, while staying healthy, we can assume that any other average PG can't fix this issue. Sometimes two players can't coexist effectively. One poster mentioned Melo with AI and that was a horrible duo but with two dynamic scorers.

So if Davis doesn't pan out, would you trade for Derron Williams by the trade deadline??

And who do you trade?

The more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure both Dwight Howard and Deron Williams will be together in Dallas at the start of next season

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hopefully Howard is traded before the deadline so we can move on this.

DWill is arguably the best PG in the league. I think he is the best pick-and-roll PG in the league. Better than CP3 and possibly Nash at the pick-and-roll. He made Carlos Boozer an All-Star. DWill with Amare and Chandler would be devastating. Line the wings with shooters to create the spacing needed and it would be unstoppable.

Melo alone could probably get us DWill + Anthony Morrow (great shooter). Throw in Douglas + Fields and get Shawne Williams (great shooter). Sign Kenyon Martin and lets go compete for a championship.

PG-DWill
SG-Morrow
SF-Shawne
PF-Amare
C-Chandler

with Baron Davis, Kenyon Martin, Shumpert, Harrelson, Novak, etc. off the bench.

That is a very versatile roster and a great mix of offense/defense with solid depth. Definitely could compete with Miami and Chicago.

fender0577

Rotation player
We could also just try getting a new coach and hope BD stays healthy, and see how it goes.If that doesn't work out we should entertain all these trade scenarios.