Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456782232 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    This isn't some Saturday morning youth league we're talking about.. These are grown ass men... Who get paid millions to play a game... When you perform poorly and play like you don't give a ****.. You deserve to be boo'd son. Especially like Scipio said when the average die hard fan pays so much money on a ticket to the game.
    That 1st line was pretty funny and I'm not ya son BUT thats not my point if you want them to play better encourage them. Melo misses "hey Melo you suck" doesn't have the same effect as "Lets go Melo, knock the next one down". STAT turns the ball over "BOOOOOOOOOOOOO" doesn't have the same effect as "Lets get it back STAT, lets go boy"

The only negative things the fans should be chanting are towards the other team or D'Antoni

Banned

Carmelo Anthony deal = Worst trade in the history of the NBA

NBA basketball is a service. We are the customers and the teams and their players are the providers. If you're not satisfied with the service that has been provided to you, you have the right to make a complaint. We're definately not satisfied with the basketball that we're paying for and booing the players or leaving the arena before the final buzzer are some of the ways we can show that the product that we've got doesn't meet our demands. We're paying a big part of Amare's and Carmelo's max contracts and we except certain quality of basketball in exchange.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    We better be up to the challenge of containing their career highs to a minimum..

Mozgov will block 8 shots. All put up by Tardemire.

Will this be the game the fans start chanting Fire D'antoni???? Will it take a team with a few of our former playets embarassing the knicks for one of the idiots in the front office to hold someone accountable?..... I doubt it. Also IDK if the knicks can win this George Karl is going to have a squad full of players who resent the Knicks who are playing sh**y aa hell.

Then again maybe the knicks overachieve, pull themselves together, move the ball, and hit open shots more.

No more Hero ball. No more Shameball, just good team basketball.

Originally Posted by CA7

They also need the fans to be behind them stop booing them it doesn't help encourage them
    You shouldn't have to get behind a professional millionaire sportsman.

What better encouragement is there than $100,000+ per game?

If the home crowd chanting "let's go Giants" doesn't inspire these buffoons, then they should all be chopped up and put in to dim-sums.

Originally Posted by joegti10
    Carmelo Anthony deal = Worst trade in the history of the NBA
    Noooooo..... the knicks have done a lot worse. Dolan the worse owner in the NBA maybe

Sterling's clippers are the knicks main competitor there but at leasr they have some players, trade assetd, and depth.

When Marshmelobury was asked about how well Denver has been playing and how poor the Knicks have been playing since the trade he said:

"You can't compare our team to Denver's team," Anthony said. "They got five starters from that trade. Denver's a hell of a team. They're one of the deeper teams in the NBA right now. We just want to go out and win. It's not about Denver. It's much more about us."

What a egomaniacal, selfish, greedy, moronic prick.

What did I say over a year ago?

Let's go Knicks!!!!!!

I hope Stoudemira and Anthony show up tonight...

Their defense has been like **** & Jell-o so far.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Let's go Knicks!!!!!!

I hope Stoudemira and Anthony show up tonight...

Their defense has been like **** & Jell-o so far.
    Nah, they actually played good D against Miami.

I somehow expect the Knicks to win this one. We're almost at the point where nobody gives a ****, they can't sink any deeper. The pressure is essentially off, they can't embarras themselves anymore than they already did against **** teams like Toronto, Charlotte, Phoenix or Milwaukee.

Denver is a decent team, but they might get complacent - facing a terrible KNicks team and start losing concentration, while our shots suddenly fall - because the pressure is off.

I predict a 106-96 Knicks win.

But it will be a fluke and we'll lose the next one....and continue to suck.

Vegas have us a 2.5 underdog in this game.

Superstar

Default An Interesting Game

This will be a very interesting game, no matter what happens.

I paid attention to LJ4ptplay last year because he is a very knowledgable poster, apparently lives in the Denver area, and expressed serious concerns about Carmelo. Following his lead, I did not want the Knicks to gut our team for Melo.

I am concerned about our team going forward because we have very little room for significant changes in our line up for several years and I do not think the problem is only the coaching and the absence of a decent point guard. Melo is a great one on one offensive player, but he is plainly a ball stopper. It is very boring to watch a constant series of ISO plays.

I have League Pass. Denver, and even Minnesota, are fun to watch. Denver is deep and really runs. Corey Brewer, who we gave away, is a revelation. George Karl appears to be a happy man. I think he would love to stick it to Melo and run up the score. On the other hand, Melo, who should also be motivated, could have one of his magnificent performances.

By the way, apparently because of the Time Warner Cable problem and the unavailability of Knicks games to their subscribers, I constantly get the other team's feed of a Knicks game. Their color commentators plainly do not think much of our team and constantly note how much of a ball stopper Melo is. In the meantime I miss Clyde but perhaps will hear him tonight on NBA TV.

I have a feeling that Denver will enjoy this game and that we are going to get smoked.

Veteran

It's going to be real, real ugly if Gallo brings it to Melo and Amare today.

Apparently, Dolan read this forum a bit too much and listened to KO's dogma and hysterics about Gallo when he treated him as an equal to Fields and Chandler in negotiations last year.

I see a close game, FWIW, a real battle. With us winning.

Default torn

i am torn between loving the Knicks and hating Antoni, D'oh-lan and the entire Knicks management. With Denver coming to town, the hate rises! I hated seeing Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Mosgov leave, as I felt we were coming together as a team before THE TRADE. losing AntRandolph for nothing, not playing him, losing Corey Brewer for NOTHING because coachy couldn't find a place for him, letting Chauncey Billups go without a PG replacement, the reasons go on and on how much I abhor who runs this team and how it's run.

The only reason to root for Denver is to see Gallipini and Moscow do well, and if we lose, PERHAPS clueless D'oh-lan will have the balls to send ****stache packing. that is the only consolation for losing games.

Every matchup will be how Chumpert can guard opposing PG, in this case Ty Lawson, yet another excellent player Knicks management passed on in the draft, instead choosing Jordan Hill, who got next to no play before he was traded for next to nothing for Tracy McGrody.

I agree Drama-melo versus Gallinero is the matchup to watch, as the Italian stallion will be PUMPED to show NY what they gave up, and Crymelo will shoot and shoot and shoot like there's no tomorrow, as if his teammates don't exist. ISO-hell.

George Karl vs Mike Antoni and his kiss-ass coaching crew. no contest.

nice thread Dizzywantsson, good post Old Timer.

let's see how Knicks can win a game of professsional basketball without a point guard....

WAIT!

Ima do this for the better of the team

I'm calling you out Carmelo Anthony

Since the trade you've seen your former team be 10+ games above .500 while the team you currently play for is below .500 since your arrival. No matter what you do if we dont win they will want the old team back because they we happy hovering around .500 with no real shot at a Championship. I wanna see some fire out of you tonight, its not about you scoring 30, hitting 3's or any of that show me you wanna be an NBA Champion that you dont wanna be in LBJ and D-Wade's shadow for the rest of your life and dont wanna be a New York City scapegoat. Dont become the next Marbury or Curry. Step the **** up and be the leader I know you can be, be the player I followed since 2001. No matter what we do its all on you, I got ya back til the end and will never lose hope, I wont boo you but I will no longer defend you if I dont see any effort. Gallinari wants your ass tonight and he's gonna come at you but dont make it personal show him your better for this team then he ever was or will be. You're under a lot of pressure and you gotta deal with it, this is what you wanted and you got it....remember your legacy is on the line tonight because if you guys lose please believe no one will want you in a Knick uniform anymore