Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 717313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM

How TD and Jeffries were in the game and not Jorts and Shumpert is mind-boggling.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Every time we loss the excuse is because we didn't shoot well. That's a bullcrap excuse. We lost because D'Antoni mismanaged his roster throughout the game.

Everyone and their momma knows Melo was off and after EVERY D'Antoni timeout, the playcall is to have a triple teamed Melo chuck it up. From benching a hot Walker for the ENTIRE game to not getting the ball to Stat in TWO OVERTIMES, to running Jeffries and Douglas in overtime over our starters. COME ON MAN... REALLY?

Dolan better fire D'antoni now, this is getting ridiculous! I'd rather watch paint dry.

Cannot argue with this

STAT's tech
    Millers ****ty 3
    Fat Al hitting everything
    Douglas and Jeffries being in the game
    Melo settling for the jumpers when he should of been driving
    Fields losing his aggressiveness
    Shumpert no being in the game
    STAT not demanding the ball
    Jorts and Walker not getting more minutes
    Novak sitting we need a guy to stretch the floor
    MDA drawing up dumb plays
    MDA not making adjustments like putting Balkman on Gallinari
    Constantly switching picks
    Not setting Melo and STAT up for easy shots
    No rebounding as a team
    Bad TO's
    Crowd booing then cheering then booing then cheering
    Missed FT's
    Bad calls my refs

so many things

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Bro give him a break. MDA and STAT deserve just as much blame as Melo, if not more. How are you not going to shoot 30 times when your whole team is scared to shoot and your fellow all star is lost.

STAT and MDA deserve all the blame as well.

But Carmelo forced NY to gut the roster b/c he didn;t want to lose 2-3 mil per year. he shoulders the burden here. Sorry. Just the way it is. Knicks are like ten under .500 since we traded for him.

The TEAM played great tonight. Carmelo was lousy. If you take 30 shots... I hope you would hit a few. Even the shot at end of OT was bad bball. PASS it. Drive it. Gallo owned him at MSG... again.

I don 't even give a **** no more...

Veteran

Is the Carmelo Anthony trade going to be an event that signifies the decline of a Knicks team that looked like it had potential?

Carmelo is a good scorer but my goodness this guy is a ballhog who never passes the ball. How many times did STAT screen and roll off his man, hoping that Melo would pass it to him? I counted five times in the first overtime alone when STAT was trying to run a pick and roll.

Freaking Melo instead things the best idea is to get into a triple team. Honestly, if I could do it again, I would rather trade for D-Will than for Melo...Melo is a good player but his style of play messes with the rest of the team.

The idiot saying we're stepping in the right direction...

the best part of this game was sharing it with my fellow KO posters, first time i've watched game and posted.
    usually i watch on tape. a fine game to watch, unfortunate end, but very intense.

how many games will Knicks lose before Antoni is fired? It's time, fender!
    time for someone other than Knicks broadcasters to point out there's a problem on this team that starts with the coach, the plays, the substitutions, the overtime, the end of game defense, the weak offens, the living and dying by the constant ISO's or 3's or lack of ball movement! if you can't get the ball to your $100million superstar, who you gonna blame? FIRE PRINGLES!

WAIT!

As his biggest fan Melo really has to pick his spots better, I'm being honest when he gets into the paint and forces the defense to collapse and kicks it out he's fine, when he gets into the paint and uses that pump fake and shoots or draws the foul he's fine but when he goes 2 dribble pull up he's forcing it, shooting with 2 guys in front of him forcing it. If we had a real coach he'd bring him into the film room and show him what I'm talking about. George Karl knew how to use Melo and would make sure he played the way Karl wanted him to. MDA is a bitch and has no balls

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Is the Carmelo Anthony trade going to be an event that signifies the decline of a Knicks team that looked like it had potential?

Carmelo is a good scorer but my goodness this guy is a ballhog who never passes the ball. How many times did STAT screen and roll off his man, hoping that Melo would pass it to him? I counted five times in the first overtime alone when STAT was trying to run a pick and roll.

Freaking Melo instead things the best idea is to get into a triple team. Honestly, if I could do it again, I would rather trade for D-Will than for Melo...Melo is a good player but his style of play messes with the rest of the team.
    Carmelo doesn't hate to lose... he's content being a millionaire max player. He's just not good enough a player. He can score, but that's it. His points come at the sacrifice of his teammates.

Look at DEN since he left.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero

dude he leads the team in assist if you seen my post before this I said he should really pick his spots better and attack more, he's no selfish he passes when guys are open its when guys stand still he does dumb ****, he has to force the movement by driving into the paint

Originally Posted by mafra
    Carmelo doesn't hate to lose... he's content being a millionaire max player. He's just not good enough a player. He can score, but that's it. His points come at the sacrifice of his teammates.

Look at DEN since he left.
    and Billups left.Melo was not the only one...

Veteran

I think it all still boils down to the coaching...but the fact that this team has been unable to get STAT some good looks is really sad.

Originally Posted by CA7
    dude he leads the team in assist if you seen my post before this I said he should really pick his spots better and attack more, he's no selfish he passes when guys are open its when guys stand still he does dumb ****, he has to force the movement by driving into the paint
    5 assists in 45 minutes, and he dominated the ball.

Dude plays with his head down. Has ZERO court vision. He missed 20 shots & had 6 TO. Of his 10 makes, 5 of them were forced, contested shots.

NO WAY he played a good game.

We need a PG. The ball should only be kicked out to Carmelo with about 8 seconds on clock.

Running the offense thru 'Melo is like having a crack addict work in a pharmacy.

Antoni just said one of his problems is setting people up. There you have if folks!

This was a response to a question about amare's lack of fg attempts.