Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91933343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Stat get no blame for being a lame duck? He seemed disinterested.

STAT is a chump, but Carmelo forced NY to gut team. If he told DEn I wont sign extension anywhere but NY... waited for free agency... We would be a title-worthy team.

He wanted his $$$$, he wanted to get paid more than he wanted to win.

He owes us more than Stoudemire.

Superstar

Stat has grills, lol.

This fool ass amare with gold fronts! SMH

Veteran

I mean, STAT did not play great, but at least he didn't shoot us out of this game. He rebounded and played OK defense down the stretch.

Melo on the other hand shot us out of this game. Is it the coach or is it Melo? Who knows, but this **** is getting old.

Originally Posted by mafra
    STAT is a chump, but Carmelo forced NY to gut team. If he told DEn I wont sign extension anywhere but NY... waited for free agency... We would be a title-worthy team.

He wanted his $$$$, he wanted to get paid more than he wanted to win.

He owes us more than Stoudemire.
    At the end of the day Melo and Denver and the whole world knew he'd end up in New York, but Dolan wanted to make the trade so its not Melo's fault he did all he could, the constant New York media hyping up the potential trade and fans asking for him did this. But remember he comes that means no Wilson Chandler, no Tyson Chandler, no Iman Shumpert

with our record we are working on being a .333 team...wow

Originally Posted by CA7
    At the end of the day Melo and Denver and the whole world knew he'd end up in New York, but Dolan wanted to make the trade so its not Melo's fault he did all he could, the constant New York media hyping up the potential trade and fans asking for him did this. But remember he comes that means no Wilson Chandler, no Tyson Chandler, no Iman Shumpert

Word is NYK asked Carmelo if he would wait, but CA said if NYK didn't make a move he would accept NYJ's overtures and agree to an extension w/ the NETS.

Dolan then... With his keen business mind, decided there would be no bluffing or playing chicken. He asked DEn what they wanted. They asked for everything. He gave them everything.

Carmelo chose between 2 things:

1) Go to NY and have a supporting cast but leave about 10 mil on table potentially.

2) Get paid. Get 100 mil instead of 90 mil (or something) but have zero supporting cast.

He opted for the cash. He probably thought he was so good, that the depth wouldn't matter. Or maybe he didn't care.

Anyway, the moment he let NY know it was trade or else... he was saying that he wont risk it and wait for free agency. He wanted CASH over titles.

I am sorry. being good and losing in the 1st round is worse than being lousy.

You never improve that way, and are stuck in NBA limbo.

This is why he shoulders the burden. He put us in this position.

I bet now he wishes he just waited until free agency

Veteran

**** that.

We should've let him go to the Nets and traded for Deron. I had that thought at the back of my head...but I was hoping that Carmelo would prove me wrong by playing amazingly.

Word is NYK asked Carmelo if he would wait, but CA said if NYK didn't make a move he would accept NYJ's overtures and agree to an extension w/ the NETS.

Dolan then... With his keen business mind, decided there would be no bluffing or playing chicken. He asked DEn what they wanted. They asked for everything. He gave them everything.

Carmelo chose between 2 things:

1) Go to NY and have a supporting cast but leave about 10 mil on table potentially.

2) Get paid. Get 100 mil instead of 90 mil (or something) but have zero supporting cast.

He opted for the cash. He probably thought he was so good, that the depth wouldn't matter. Or maybe he didn't care.

Anyway, the moment he let NY know it was trade or else... he was saying that he wont risk it and wait for free agency. He wanted CASH over titles.

I am sorry. being good and losing in the 1st round is worse than being lousy.

You never improve that way, and are stuck in NBA limbo.

This is why he shoulders the burden. He put us in this position.

I bet now he wishes he just waited until free agency
    Thats B.S. Prokorov came out and said like 2 days before the trade they had no interest in trading for Carmelo Anthony

Donnie Walsh sent a proposal of a pick, Fat Curry's expiring deal, Anthony Randolph and either Chandler/Gallinari/Fields just one.

When Denver rejeced Walsh said that was his final offer.

After the All-Star game Dolan forced Donnie's hand and said whatever they want make it happen because he knew the team was playoff bound and wanted to make money.

If Dolan had a basketball mind he would have known to wait but Donnie had his hands tied. Melo couldn't come out and say I'm only going to sign in New York as that is tampering so he had to be quiet about it which is why guys think he didn't use as much leverage as possible.

I also blame Melo's former agent who convinced him to take a 5yr deal with a 4th year opt out clause instead of the same deal LBJ, Wade and Bosh Spice took he would of been a FA in 2010 if he did that and him, STAT and possibly Raymond Felton still would have came then.

This team is 1 off-season from being complete hopefully Amar'e's body hold up

Originally Posted by CA7
    Thats B.S. Prokorov came out and said like 2 days before the trade they had no interest in trading for Carmelo Anthony

Donnie Walsh sent a proposal of a pick, Fat Curry's expiring deal, Anthony Randolph and either Chandler/Gallinari/Fields just one.

When Denver rejeced Walsh said that was his final offer.

After the All-Star game Dolan forced Donnie's hand and said whatever they want make it happen because he knew the team was playoff bound and wanted to make money.

If Dolan had a basketball mind he would have known to wait but Donnie had his hands tied. Melo couldn't come out and say I'm only going to sign in New York as that is tampering so he had to be quiet about it which is why guys think he didn't use as much leverage as possible.

I also blame Melo's former agent who convinced him to take a 5yr deal with a 4th year opt out clause instead of the same deal LBJ, Wade and Bosh Spice took he would of been a FA in 2010 if he did that and him, STAT and possibly Raymond Felton still would have came then.

This team is 1 off-season from being complete hopefully Amar'e's body hold up

There's no way we make THAT deal unless Melo hinted he would go to NJ instead of waiting for free agency.

Josh Harrellson out 6 weeks. Fractures wrist. No foul called on play.

And for those defending 'Melo... Remember, his man scored 35 points.

Josh Harrellson out 6 weeks. Fractures wrist. No foul called on play.
    ****. 6 weeks. Now we need a backup C.

And for those defending 'Melo... Remember, his man scored 35 points.
    STAT's man had 24 and 11 and has a ****ing beer belly, STAT keeps getting lite up by fat boys, D'Antoni switches on every play so dont act like Gallo scored every bucket on Melo

Originally Posted by CA7
    STAT's man had 24 and 11 and has a ****ing beer belly, STAT keeps getting lite up by fat boys, D'Antoni switches on every play so dont act like Gallo scored every bucket on Melo
    STAT sucks this year as well. But he had this team humming last year. This year, Carmelo has STAT and we're 6-10.