Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567892333 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM

^ We don't not want Melo.. we just wish he woulda waited to become a FA like he was supposed to.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    ^ We don't not want Melo.. we just wish he woulda waited to become a FA like he was supposed to.
    Then why do you guys bash him for the trade its not like he's the GM he just really wanted to play with STAT in New York

Originally Posted by CA7
    Then why do you guys bash him for the trade its not like he's the GM he just really wanted to play with STAT in New York
    Stat woulda still been here in the offseason if he came as a FA... And we'd have much more depth..

I haven't posted here in a while but I still lurked the site from time to time and glad to see some of the better posters (who should stay nameless) still around.

Anyway hope the Knicks turn the tide tonight. If they put at least as much effort as OP in this game thread it will be less painful to watch.

Good game thread OP and hope we get a much needed win tonight

Veteran

I have to wonder what happens to D'Antoni's job if the Knicks drop four straight games at home including one to the Nuggets.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Stat woulda still been here in the offseason if he came as a FA... And we'd have much more depth..
    yeah but thats not his fault Dolan rushed its like he takes all the blame now I understand depth but we can find another Gallo, Chandler and Felton

Veteran

Melo needs to come out in killer mode. Don't hug George Karl before the game, don't shake hands with his ex-teammates etc. come out mean and aggressive. The Knicks are due, they have been ice cold on the O end. I expect one of those 30 3 pt shot games and they make 60%. When they shoot like that they win.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I have to wonder what happens to D'Antoni's job if the Knicks drop four straight games at home including one to the Nuggets.
    I dont think anything will happend to D'ant job till at least later in the season when and if playoffs will be out of reach (hope not). Till then everybody got to get on the same page. Is not only the coach ( and I would welcome a coaching change at this time) but the whole squad playing and shooting like trash.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Ima do this for the better of the team

I'm calling you out Carmelo Anthony

Since the trade you've seen your former team be 10+ games above .500 while the team you currently play for is below .500 since your arrival. No matter what you do if we dont win they will want the old team back because they we happy hovering around .500 with no real shot at a Championship. I wanna see some fire out of you tonight, its not about you scoring 30, hitting 3's or any of that show me you wanna be an NBA Champion that you dont wanna be in LBJ and D-Wade's shadow for the rest of your life and dont wanna be a New York City scapegoat. Dont become the next Marbury or Curry. Step the **** up and be the leader I know you can be, be the player I followed since 2001. No matter what we do its all on you, I got ya back til the end and will never lose hope, I wont boo you but I will no longer defend you if I dont see any effort. Gallinari wants your ass tonight and he's gonna come at you but dont make it personal show him your better for this team then he ever was or will be. You're under a lot of pressure and you gotta deal with it, this is what you wanted and you got it....remember your legacy is on the line tonight because if you guys lose please believe no one will want you in a Knick uniform anymore
    Come on CA7 you're gonna scare your man away from showing up tonight

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    If they lose, he will be fired.

Originally Posted by WNY_Knickfan
    Come on CA7 you're gonna scare your man away from showing up tonight
    its true you gotta know Gallinari wants to try and prove he's on Melo's level which he isn't he's going to go at him offensively and defensively......one thing about Gallinari matter fact all euro's they dont back down and love battling it out they just all aren't that good

Hahahaha no I totally agree about Gallinari having tons of motivation to have a big game, I was just joking about the wanting melos ass line. I remember a couple years back those two had a pretty fun battle

Originally Posted by WNY_Knickfan
    Hahahaha no I totally agree about Gallinari having tons of motivation to have a big game, I was just joking about the wanting melos ass line. I remember a couple years back those two had a pretty fun battle
    Its gonna be rocking in the Garden tonight I cant wait

Cool

I'm predicting a Knicks win.

They can't lose them all right?

They'll do it the non-'antoni way and work inside.

Originally Posted by Scipio
    I am torn for this game. I love the Knicks, I support the Knicks completely but I don`t know if I will watch this game. It`s got to the point where we are so horrible that I can barely watch.

Night in, night out, it`s the same, no improvements, no adjustments, no offence other than Melo trying to grab his points. The coach sitting in his chaot with his arms folded whilst we implode again and again and again.

I`m sure that when the game gets closer I will probably cave in and watch anyway but right now I think that we are the worst team to watch in the whole of the NBA.

I don`t think that D`Antoni will get sacked this season no matter how bad we get. I am afraid that whatever happens we will be stuck with him for the entire season.
    I'm right there along with you man. I don't really want to watch this game and deep down I almost want us to lose so we can get rid of D'Antoni.

This team will never be better than .500 under MDA because it's a shooting system and shooters only shoot about .38 percent. Which means NYK will stay on the same track as now and win about 38 percent of their games. That's not good enough for me.

I wish I had TWC so I wouldn't have to watch. These games under D'Antoni do nothing but piss me off.