Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM

CA7

Scoring Champ
Come on CA7 you're gonna scare your man away from showing up tonight :afro:

its true you gotta know Gallinari wants to try and prove he's on Melo's level which he isn't he's going to go at him offensively and defensively......one thing about Gallinari matter fact all euro's they dont back down and love battling it out they just all aren't that good

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Hahahaha no I totally agree about Gallinari having tons of motivation to have a big game, I was just joking about the wanting melos ass line. I remember a couple years back those two had a pretty fun battle

CA7

Scoring Champ
Hahahaha no I totally agree about Gallinari having tons of motivation to have a big game, I was just joking about the wanting melos ass line. I remember a couple years back those two had a pretty fun battle

Its gonna be rocking in the Garden tonight I cant wait

Red

TYPE-A
I'm predicting a Knicks win.

They can't lose them all right?

They'll do it the non-'antoni way and work inside.

KingofNy

Starter
I am torn for this game. I love the Knicks, I support the Knicks completely but I don`t know if I will watch this game. It`s got to the point where we are so horrible that I can barely watch.

Night in, night out, it`s the same, no improvements, no adjustments, no offence other than Melo trying to grab his points. The coach sitting in his chaot with his arms folded whilst we implode again and again and again.

I`m sure that when the game gets closer I will probably cave in and watch anyway but right now I think that we are the worst team to watch in the whole of the NBA.

I don`t think that D`Antoni will get sacked this season no matter how bad we get. I am afraid that whatever happens we will be stuck with him for the entire season.

I'm right there along with you man. I don't really want to watch this game and deep down I almost want us to lose so we can get rid of D'Antoni.

This team will never be better than .500 under MDA because it's a shooting system and shooters only shoot about .38 percent. Which means NYK will stay on the same track as now and win about 38 percent of their games. That's not good enough for me.

I wish I had TWC so I wouldn't have to watch. These games under D'Antoni do nothing but piss me off.

Eman

Benchwarmer
  • Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni said he understands the fans’ anger that resulted in “Fire D’Antoni” chants during Friday’s loss to Milwaukee, the team’s fifth straight. “They’re right,” he said of the fans. “I think every coach understands you can’t come out and play bad and then say, ‘Oh, I’m doing my job.’ We gotta change some things up and get better….It’s my responsibility at the end of it.”
  • D’Antoni said he’s not worried about Carmelo Anthony trying to do too much against his old team. “I don’t think so,” he said. “I think he’ll be fine but it’s more about us trying to function as a good team.”
  • Anthony visited several former teammates, including former Knick Al Harrington, in the Nuggets’ training room. “It wasn’t no tears,”Anthony said. “Just stuff that needed to be said.”
  • D’Antoni on facing his old player Danilo Gallinari, who was dealt in the Melo trade: ”Gallo’s a good player. He’s smart, he’s big…they’re playing well.”
  • Gallo on returning to New York: “I’m a Nuggets now. I played the playoffs last year with the Nuggets and I started this season with the Nuggets so I’m happy to be back but I’m a Nuggets player.”
  • Denver coach George Karl on Gallo; “He’s been better than I thought he would be….He’s a really bright young basketball player.”
  • For the Nuggets, Arron Afflalo (torn groin) won’t start, and will be replaced by Andre Miller. Rudy Fernandez (strained right Achilles tendon) is also “definitively out,” Karl said. Nene (strained left heel) will return.
  • D’Antoni said Baron Davis could return next week. “It’s hard to say, ‘Yeah, he’ll be ready a week from today’…But he’s getting closer.”
Notes before the game from NBA.com

mafra

Legend
I get a sense this is when things turn around for NYK. We beat DEN and get Baron Davis back and start to get Carmelo healthy again. We gel. Win some games. The chemistry develops.

KingofNy

Starter
I get a sense this is when things turn around for NYK. We beat DEN and get Baron Davis back and start to get Carmelo healthy again. We gel. Win some games. The chemistry develops.

Baron Davis still can't take any contact. I don't think he'll be back for a few weeks.