Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
They also need the fans to be behind them stop booing them it doesn't help encourage them

You shouldn't have to get behind a professional millionaire sportsman.

What better encouragement is there than $100,000+ per game?

If the home crowd chanting "let's go Giants" doesn't inspire these buffoons, then they should all be chopped up and put in to dim-sums.

Wargames

Starter
Carmelo Anthony deal = Worst trade in the history of the NBA

Noooooo..... the knicks have done a lot worse. Dolan the worse owner in the NBA maybe

Sterling's clippers are the knicks main competitor there but at leasr they have some players, trade assetd, and depth.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
When Marshmelobury was asked about how well Denver has been playing and how poor the Knicks have been playing since the trade he said:

"You can't compare our team to Denver's team," Anthony said. "They got five starters from that trade. Denver's a hell of a team. They're one of the deeper teams in the NBA right now. We just want to go out and win. It's not about Denver. It's much more about us."

What a egomaniacal, selfish, greedy, moronic prick.

What did I say over a year ago?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Let's go Knicks!!!!!!

I hope Stoudemira and Anthony show up tonight...

Their defense has been like SHIT & Jell-o so far.

Let's go Knicks!!!!!!

I hope Stoudemira and Anthony show up tonight...

Their defense has been like SHIT & Jell-o so far.

Nah, they actually played good D against Miami.

I somehow expect the Knicks to win this one. We're almost at the point where nobody gives a ****, they can't sink any deeper. The pressure is essentially off, they can't embarras themselves anymore than they already did against shit teams like Toronto, Charlotte, Phoenix or Milwaukee.

Denver is a decent team, but they might get complacent - facing a terrible KNicks team and start losing concentration, while our shots suddenly fall - because the pressure is off.

I predict a 106-96 Knicks win.

But it will be a fluke and we'll lose the next one....and continue to suck.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
An Interesting Game

This will be a very interesting game, no matter what happens.

I paid attention to LJ4ptplay last year because he is a very knowledgable poster, apparently lives in the Denver area, and expressed serious concerns about Carmelo. Following his lead, I did not want the Knicks to gut our team for Melo.

I am concerned about our team going forward because we have very little room for significant changes in our line up for several years and I do not think the problem is only the coaching and the absence of a decent point guard. Melo is a great one on one offensive player, but he is plainly a ball stopper. It is very boring to watch a constant series of ISO plays.

I have League Pass. Denver, and even Minnesota, are fun to watch. Denver is deep and really runs. Corey Brewer, who we gave away, is a revelation. George Karl appears to be a happy man. I think he would love to stick it to Melo and run up the score. On the other hand, Melo, who should also be motivated, could have one of his magnificent performances.

By the way, apparently because of the Time Warner Cable problem and the unavailability of Knicks games to their subscribers, I constantly get the other team's feed of a Knicks game. Their color commentators plainly do not think much of our team and constantly note how much of a ball stopper Melo is. In the meantime I miss Clyde but perhaps will hear him tonight on NBA TV.

I have a feeling that Denver will enjoy this game and that we are going to get smoked.

iSaYughh

Starter
It's going to be real, real ugly if Gallo brings it to Melo and Amare today.

Apparently, Dolan read this forum a bit too much and listened to KO's dogma and hysterics about Gallo when he treated him as an equal to Fields and Chandler in negotiations last year.

I see a close game, FWIW, a real battle. With us winning.

CoolClyde

torn

i am torn between loving the Knicks and hating Antoni, D'oh-lan and the entire Knicks management. With Denver coming to town, the hate rises! I hated seeing Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Mosgov leave, as I felt we were coming together as a team before THE TRADE. losing AntRandolph for nothing, not playing him, losing Corey Brewer for NOTHING because coachy couldn't find a place for him, letting Chauncey Billups go without a PG replacement, the reasons go on and on how much I abhor who runs this team and how it's run.

The only reason to root for Denver is to see Gallipini and Moscow do well, and if we lose, PERHAPS clueless D'oh-lan will have the balls to send shitstache packing. that is the only consolation for losing games.

Every matchup will be how Chumpert can guard opposing PG, in this case Ty Lawson, yet another excellent player Knicks management passed on in the draft, instead choosing Jordan Hill, who got next to no play before he was traded for next to nothing for Tracy McGrody.

I agree Drama-melo versus Gallinero is the matchup to watch, as the Italian stallion will be PUMPED to show NY what they gave up, and Crymelo will shoot and shoot and shoot like there's no tomorrow, as if his teammates don't exist. ISO-hell.

George Karl vs Mike Antoni and his kiss-ass coaching crew. no contest.

nice thread Dizzywantsson, good post Old Timer.

let's see how Knicks can win a game of professsional basketball without a point guard....

WAIT!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Ima do this for the better of the team

I'm calling you out Carmelo Anthony

Since the trade you've seen your former team be 10+ games above .500 while the team you currently play for is below .500 since your arrival. No matter what you do if we dont win they will want the old team back because they we happy hovering around .500 with no real shot at a Championship. I wanna see some fire out of you tonight, its not about you scoring 30, hitting 3's or any of that show me you wanna be an NBA Champion that you dont wanna be in LBJ and D-Wade's shadow for the rest of your life and dont wanna be a New York City scapegoat. Dont become the next Marbury or Curry. Step the **** up and be the leader I know you can be, be the player I followed since 2001. No matter what we do its all on you, I got ya back til the end and will never lose hope, I wont boo you but I will no longer defend you if I dont see any effort. Gallinari wants your ass tonight and he's gonna come at you but dont make it personal show him your better for this team then he ever was or will be. You're under a lot of pressure and you gotta deal with it, this is what you wanted and you got it....remember your legacy is on the line tonight because if you guys lose please believe no one will want you in a Knick uniform anymore

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I haven't posted here in a while but I still lurked the site from time to time and glad to see some of the better posters (who should stay nameless) still around.

Anyway hope the Knicks turn the tide tonight. If they put at least as much effort as OP in this game thread it will be less painful to watch.

Good game thread OP and hope we get a much needed win tonight:beer:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Stat woulda still been here in the offseason if he came as a FA... And we'd have much more depth..

yeah but thats not his fault Dolan rushed its like he takes all the blame now I understand depth but we can find another Gallo, Chandler and Felton

tiger0330

Legend
Melo needs to come out in killer mode. Don't hug George Karl before the game, don't shake hands with his ex-teammates etc. come out mean and aggressive. The Knicks are due, they have been ice cold on the O end. I expect one of those 30 3 pt shot games and they make 60%. When they shoot like that they win.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I have to wonder what happens to D'Antoni's job if the Knicks drop four straight games at home including one to the Nuggets.

I dont think anything will happend to D'ant job till at least later in the season when and if playoffs will be out of reach (hope not). Till then everybody got to get on the same page. Is not only the coach ( and I would welcome a coaching change at this time) but the whole squad playing and shooting like trash.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Ima do this for the better of the team

I'm calling you out Carmelo Anthony

Since the trade you've seen your former team be 10+ games above .500 while the team you currently play for is below .500 since your arrival. No matter what you do if we dont win they will want the old team back because they we happy hovering around .500 with no real shot at a Championship. I wanna see some fire out of you tonight, its not about you scoring 30, hitting 3's or any of that show me you wanna be an NBA Champion that you dont wanna be in LBJ and D-Wade's shadow for the rest of your life and dont wanna be a New York City scapegoat. Dont become the next Marbury or Curry. Step the **** up and be the leader I know you can be, be the player I followed since 2001. No matter what we do its all on you, I got ya back til the end and will never lose hope, I wont boo you but I will no longer defend you if I dont see any effort. Gallinari wants your ass tonight and he's gonna come at you but dont make it personal show him your better for this team then he ever was or will be. You're under a lot of pressure and you gotta deal with it, this is what you wanted and you got it....remember your legacy is on the line tonight because if you guys lose please believe no one will want you in a Knick uniform anymore

Come on CA7 you're gonna scare your man away from showing up tonight :afro: