Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This just about sums it up

Banned

Default This just about sums it up

Enough time for Landry to dribble and knock down a mid range jumper (he was shooting almost 60% last night)... instead Lamelo lost it out of bounds... I posted it on an overall NBA board, nobody believed Chucktony didn't make a pass...

Are you confident Landry or Douglas would of even hit the rim with the pressure on them and time running out? And if so then why did Antoni call the Iso to Melo like he has EVERY 4th quarter of EVERY game so far this season? Just asking? He is the coach, he can tell his guys to cut off of the Iso so Melo will have an easy assist for an easy 2 points. It's so easy to blame the players.

Superstar

Originally Posted by joegti10
    Nice post, this is exactly what i'm talking about, he doesn't trust his teammates and that needs to change, and soon.

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Are you confident Landry or Douglas would of even hit the rim with the pressure on him and time running out? And if so then why did Antoni call the Iso to Melo like he has EVERY 4th quarter of EVERY game so far this season? Just asking?
    Maybe not, but i'd rather watch good basketball, and get the open shots, because it builds good habits.That right their is a bad habit of MELO, he has to pass the ball in that situation.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Maybe not, but i'd rather watch good basketball, and get the open shots, because it builds good habits.That right their is a bad habit of MELO, he has to pass the ball in that situation.
    Don't you think if D'Antoni wanted him to pass, he would have a cutter in that situation? I bet you $$$ that is exactly the play that D'Antoni called and it was executed to his liking. Why? It's because we do the same thing ever game all year long. We were tied at that point and only needed 1 point to get the lead/win.

Superstar

Don't you think if D'Antoni wanted him to pass, he would have a cutter in that situation? I bet you $$$ that is exactly the play that D'Antoni called and it was executed to his liking. Why? It's because we do the same thing ever game all year long. We were tied at that point and only needed 1 point to get the lead/win.
    Have to agree, that's exactly what coach dumb ass wanted, but melo still has to pass that ball.

Have to agree, that's exactly what coach dumb ass wanted, but melo still has to pass that ball.
    Yup you're right, Melo needs to be the coach and take over this team. By saying that, he needs also needs to choose his shots better and pass the ball and ignore the coaches wishes. Problem is if he does that D'Antoni will ream guys like Douglas and Fields for shooting it instead of passing it back to Melo. You know I'm right... We've seen it too many times.

Superstar

Yup you're right, Melo needs to be the coach and take over this team. By saying that, he needs also needs to choose his shots better and pass the ball and ignore the coaches wishes. Problem is if he does that D'Antoni will ream guys like Douglas and Fields for shooting it instead of passing it back to Melo. You know I'm right... We've seen it too many times.
    LMAO, you got a point, he just might roast guys for shooting wide open shots, and not kick it back to MELO for a 1 on 3 iso, i wouldn't put it past him.

LMAO, you got a point, he just might roast guys for shooting wide open shots, and not kick it back to MELO for a 1 on 3 iso, i wouldn't put it past him.
    LMAO...Yup exactly! Douglas and Fields remind me of a dog that's been beaten. You can tell D'Antoni takes out all his frustrations on the "weak" players on our team. That's why you consistently see them basically piss on the court while hesitating to shoot an open shot in an "green-light" shooting system. When have you ever seen D'Antoni even talk to Melo or Stat for taking a bad shot or turning the ball over? He destroys the latter.

Superstar

LMAO...Yup exactly! Douglas and Fields remind me of a dog that's been beaten. You can tell D'Antoni takes out all his frustrations on the "weak" players on our team. That's why you consistently see them basically piss on the court while hesitating to shoot an open shot in an "green-light" shooting system. When have you ever seen D'Antoni even talk to Melo or Stat for taking a bad shot or turning the ball over? He destroys the latter.
    Never, it's really getting pathetic.

Banned

MDA definitely treats some of his players like college kids out there. You don't see George Karl yelling at them like children.

He needs to go. I'm tired of looking at him and his act...that goes for whole coaching staff, Herb Williams included.

Good point, MDA simply knows that if he pissed Amare or Carmelo he'd get fired immediately. He understands how Dolan works, our franchise players are those who get Dolan his money from the Knicks, do you think the fans would swallow that 49% tickets price raise without a chance for watching NBA superstars? But still, Carmelo should have passed the ball, if Landry missed we'd go into 2nd overtime and Mike D would be bashing him, but if he hit, we'd win that damn game!

Veteran

Wow! Joegti10....posted the Knicks 2011-12 coached season in one shot

Tie score....3 seconds on the clock, Harrington defending Stat down low on
    the side, Nene defending Chandler down low, Fields & TD on the 3 point line
    on oposite sides of the foul line wide open with their defenders at the top of
    the foul line tripple teamming the man with the ball (Melo)....Dantoni-Dantoni-
    Dantoni's poor-poor off the ball coaching....both Fields & TD shouldve been
    breaking towards the basket when 3 seconds hit the clock.

Melo pass to a cutting TD running towards Nene/Chandler under the basket
    takes one dribble bringing Nene toward him for a high alley-oop to Tyson Chandler....
    easy play.

Wow.. smh.

Pics worth a thousand words they say.