Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This just about sums it up

Great Thread!!!!

This also illustrates how low an IQ Feilds showed on the play if he just slashed to the hoop he or Amare gets a layup

I am pissed Melo didnt see Shump on the wing at the end of regulation too! But at least on that play the lanes were packed Al Harrignton may have come to help, then Feilds could have just dumped it to Amare real quick!

Melo shouldve had his head up to see Feilds, but had Feilds slashed across the lane (where Melo was obviously looking) he would have been passed to him for sure.

Wow is all I can say!!

I been defending Melo but theres no way to defend this...but yet, at the same time Kiyaman has a point too

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Nice post, this is exactly what i'm talking about, he doesn't trust his teammates and that needs to change, and soon.
    Hahah wtf are you talking about? Don't you remember he passed up a shot in game 2 or 3 of the Celtics playoff matchup and gave the ball to Jared Jeffries for a layup. Jeffries missed that layup, and we lost the game.

Trust has to be earned. Setting 2-3 screens for Melo like the Celtics do with Ray Allen would be more the thing I am looking for. I am NOT looking for Melo to pass to anyone other than Amar'e.

Pass to Toney D or Landry?!?! Hahah gtfo of here.

Originally Posted by joegti10

Superstar

Originally Posted by platnumn
    Hahah wtf are you talking about? Don't you remember he passed up a shot in game 2 or 3 of the Celtics playoff matchup and gave the ball to Jared Jeffries for a layup. Jeffries missed that layup, and we lost the game.

Trust has to be earned. Setting 2-3 screens for Melo like the Celtics do with Ray Allen would be more the thing I am looking for. I am NOT looking for Melo to pass to anyone other than Amar'e.

Pass to Toney D or Landry?!?! Hahah gtfo of here.
    This is just a microcosm of what he has been doing, i love Melo, and like our team just as it is, but he has to pass that ball.There was no way in hell, he could have got a good shot out of that, i don't care who your passing to, the better basketball play is always pass if theirs a better shot available.We need a coach who encourages better decision making, and until we get that we will suck.

I adopted the Nuggets as my west coast team during the Isiah years where watching was hard to stomach and I'm positive that kind of play George Karl would not put up with. I'm starting to get that same feeling watching the Knicks now.

It's SO true how you see D'antoni constantly yelling at Douglas, Walker, and Fields, yet Melo/STAT will take terrible contested iso shots and play soft defense (PFs have been lightening STAT up this year) yet you NEVER see him coach them or get angry at them. The guy goes on power trips. I agree with what Clyde says every broadcast at least he sees it.. move the ball around, get players more involved and the D tightens up and the shots will begin to fall. D'antoni won because of Nash making quick decisions at point, I've always thought of him as an overrated coach and I'd be very happy to see him go. In fact if a couple more losses means he gets fired I'm actually fine with it. But they would need to bring someone new in fast.

As for Jeffries missed layup in playoffs last year, not that I hate him cause he does do some little things but I don't think there is any NBA team out there that would Jeffries the minutes he gets here. Jeffries shouldn't have been in the game on that offensive possession last year. I remember Fields sat on bench like entire 2nd half, Walker 0-12 but still subbed in. Just bad coaching

Originally Posted by joegti10
    Melo should have given up the rock. I wonder if he's seen this photo...

LOL that did sum it up

We need a PG....badly