This just about sums it up

joegti10

Banned
AjvhoHbCEAIPufE.jpg:large

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Enough time for Landry to dribble and knock down a mid range jumper (he was shooting almost 60% last night)... instead Lamelo lost it out of bounds... I posted it on an overall NBA board, nobody believed Chucktony didn't make a pass...

KingofNy

Starter
Are you confident Landry or Douglas would of even hit the rim with the pressure on them and time running out? And if so then why did Antoni call the Iso to Melo like he has EVERY 4th quarter of EVERY game so far this season? Just asking? He is the coach, he can tell his guys to cut off of the Iso so Melo will have an easy assist for an easy 2 points. It's so easy to blame the players.

fender0577

Rotation player
Are you confident Landry or Douglas would of even hit the rim with the pressure on him and time running out? And if so then why did Antoni call the Iso to Melo like he has EVERY 4th quarter of EVERY game so far this season? Just asking?
Maybe not, but i'd rather watch good basketball, and get the open shots, because it builds good habits.That right their is a bad habit of MELO, he has to pass the ball in that situation.

KingofNy

Starter
Maybe not, but i'd rather watch good basketball, and get the open shots, because it builds good habits.That right their is a bad habit of MELO, he has to pass the ball in that situation.

Don't you think if D'Antoni wanted him to pass, he would have a cutter in that situation? I bet you $$$ that is exactly the play that D'Antoni called and it was executed to his liking. Why? It's because we do the same thing ever game all year long. We were tied at that point and only needed 1 point to get the lead/win.

fender0577

Rotation player
Don't you think if D'Antoni wanted him to pass, he would have a cutter in that situation? I bet you $$$ that is exactly the play that D'Antoni called and it was executed to his liking. Why? It's because we do the same thing ever game all year long. We were tied at that point and only needed 1 point to get the lead/win.
Have to agree, that's exactly what coach dumb ass wanted, but melo still has to pass that ball.

KingofNy

Starter
Have to agree, that's exactly what coach dumb ass wanted, but melo still has to pass that ball.

Yup you're right, Melo needs to be the coach and take over this team. By saying that, he needs also needs to choose his shots better and pass the ball and ignore the coaches wishes. Problem is if he does that D'Antoni will ream guys like Douglas and Fields for shooting it instead of passing it back to Melo. You know I'm right... :) We've seen it too many times.

fender0577

Rotation player
Yup you're right, Melo needs to be the coach and take over this team. By saying that, he needs also needs to choose his shots better and pass the ball and ignore the coaches wishes. Problem is if he does that D'Antoni will ream guys like Douglas and Fields for shooting it instead of passing it back to Melo. You know I'm right... :) We've seen it too many times.
LMAO, you got a point, he just might roast guys for shooting wide open shots, and not kick it back to MELO for a 1 on 3 iso, i wouldn't put it past him.

KingofNy

Starter
LMAO, you got a point, he just might roast guys for shooting wide open shots, and not kick it back to MELO for a 1 on 3 iso, i wouldn't put it past him.

LMAO...Yup exactly! Douglas and Fields remind me of a dog that's been beaten. You can tell D'Antoni takes out all his frustrations on the "weak" players on our team. That's why you consistently see them basically piss on the court while hesitating to shoot an open shot in an "green-light" shooting system. When have you ever seen D'Antoni even talk to Melo or Stat for taking a bad shot or turning the ball over? He destroys the latter.

fender0577

Rotation player
LMAO...Yup exactly! Douglas and Fields remind me of a dog that's been beaten. You can tell D'Antoni takes out all his frustrations on the "weak" players on our team. That's why you consistently see them basically piss on the court while hesitating to shoot an open shot in an "green-light" shooting system. When have you ever seen D'Antoni even talk to Melo or Stat for taking a bad shot or turning the ball over? He destroys the latter.
Never, it's really getting pathetic.

joegti10

Banned
MDA definitely treats some of his players like college kids out there. You don't see George Karl yelling at them like children.

He needs to go. I'm tired of looking at him and his act...that goes for whole coaching staff, Herb Williams included.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Good point, MDA simply knows that if he pissed Amare or Carmelo he'd get fired immediately. He understands how Dolan works, our franchise players are those who get Dolan his money from the Knicks, do you think the fans would swallow that 49% tickets price raise without a chance for watching NBA superstars? But still, Carmelo should have passed the ball, if Landry missed we'd go into 2nd overtime and Mike D would be bashing him, but if he hit, we'd win that damn game!

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! Joegti10....posted the Knicks 2011-12 coached season in one shot :beer:

Tie score....3 seconds on the clock, Harrington defending Stat down low on
the side, Nene defending Chandler down low, Fields & TD on the 3 point line
on oposite sides of the foul line wide open with their defenders at the top of
the foul line tripple teamming the man with the ball (Melo)....Dantoni-Dantoni-
Dantoni's poor-poor off the ball coaching....both Fields & TD shouldve been
breaking towards the basket when 3 seconds hit the clock.

Melo pass to a cutting TD running towards Nene/Chandler under the basket
takes one dribble bringing Nene toward him for a high alley-oop to Tyson Chandler....
easy play.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Great Thread!!!!

This also illustrates how low an IQ Feilds showed on the play if he just slashed to the hoop he or Amare gets a layup

I am pissed Melo didnt see Shump on the wing at the end of regulation too! But at least on that play the lanes were packed Al Harrignton may have come to help, then Feilds could have just dumped it to Amare real quick!

Melo shouldve had his head up to see Feilds, but had Feilds slashed across the lane (where Melo was obviously looking) he would have been passed to him for sure.

Wow is all I can say!!

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Nice post, this is exactly what i'm talking about, he doesn't trust his teammates and that needs to change, and soon.

Hahah wtf are you talking about? Don't you remember he passed up a shot in game 2 or 3 of the Celtics playoff matchup and gave the ball to Jared Jeffries for a layup. Jeffries missed that layup, and we lost the game.

Trust has to be earned. Setting 2-3 screens for Melo like the Celtics do with Ray Allen would be more the thing I am looking for. I am NOT looking for Melo to pass to anyone other than Amar'e.

Pass to Toney D or Landry?!?! :teeth::teeth::thumbsup: Hahah gtfo of here.

fender0577

Rotation player
Hahah wtf are you talking about? Don't you remember he passed up a shot in game 2 or 3 of the Celtics playoff matchup and gave the ball to Jared Jeffries for a layup. Jeffries missed that layup, and we lost the game.

Trust has to be earned. Setting 2-3 screens for Melo like the Celtics do with Ray Allen would be more the thing I am looking for. I am NOT looking for Melo to pass to anyone other than Amar'e.

Pass to Toney D or Landry?!?! :teeth::teeth::thumbsup: Hahah gtfo of here.
This is just a microcosm of what he has been doing, i love Melo, and like our team just as it is, but he has to pass that ball.There was no way in hell, he could have got a good shot out of that, i don't care who your passing to, the better basketball play is always pass if theirs a better shot available.We need a coach who encourages better decision making, and until we get that we will suck.