View Poll Results: Who should we throw in a dumpster(fire/trade)?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amar'e Stoudemire

    4 11.11%
  • Carmelo Anthony

    3 8.33%
  • Mike Antoni

    19 52.78%
  • Mike Antoni and Carmelo Anthony both need to go.

    10 27.78%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Official Dump Antoni and Melo Anthony Thread

  1. #31
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I did some math for you, Carmelo scored >30 points in 15 games as a Knick (including 2 in the playoffs), on the other hand in 16 games he scored <20 pts (including 2 in the playoffs). LeBron had 16 >30 points games... this season.

    Lebron is clearly the better player never questioned this. Who ever thinks Melo is the same type of player as Lebron is on . If we don't have / keep Melo than who. I am ready to ride the duration of his contract with the hope that he will pan out by at least getting us to a finals.

    I have been patient this long and would hate to see them blow up the team just cause we have fans / media who think they are qualified GM's.

  2. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    where will you guys be when he drops 30 on the bulls or heat in the playoffs for the go ahead?
    we will be saying thank god melo is playing the way he is supposed to play.........When you star player seems disinterested on the court and is somewhat lethargic in his movements as fan you can only get angry...........we traded alot for him and he earns 20 million......he should play his heart out every single second he in the game....I can live with good games and bad games but I cannot live with a lack of effort thats just BS..............

  3. #33
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Start with the system

    I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like the team we have. I wouldn't even think of blowing it up AT LEAST until I've had another coach come in and see what he can do. This could very well be a systemic flaw, but we won't know that until we allow another basketball mind to coach the team.

    You don't just give up on all this talent without seeing if someone else can make it work. You don't move STAT or Melo just because Antoni can't figure it out. Who the f*** is he????

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,991
    Rep Power
    18

    Thumbs up

    Real Talk....since the start of the 2011-12 season Knicks superstars "Stat & Melo"
    has been doing their best performance to get headcoach Mike Dantoni FIRED.
    Nothing has changed from Stat & Melo performance from early in the season
    when all the commentators been putting the Knicks losses BLAME on the need
    of a PG. The Knicks has added two decent PG in their rotation, and forced
    Mike Dantoni to add two more players to the 8 man rotation he was using in this
    hectic tight 66 game schedule, but still the Knicks two superstars Stat & Melo
    are sticking to their original-plan to get rid of a Flawed headcoach Dantoni.

    Mike Dantoni has to many Flaws in his coaching to get any where near to the
    level of coach Spoe & coach Thibs in a series.
    Dantoni poor halfcourt-setting on offense annnd defense does not belong in the
    eastern conference, plus Dantoni poor strategy of using bigmen really need
    coach Patrick Ewing help in making Tyson & Stat a dominating bigman tandem,
    and Dantoni's poor strategy to design open jump-shot for Carmelo over smaller
    defenders during the game or in a time-out should not only jeopardize Dantoni job
    but interim Grunwald job too....for not doing anything about this consistent poor coaching
    for 40 games.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,991
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Dont blame the Players....FIRE Dantoni

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like the team we have. I wouldn't even think of blowing it up AT LEAST until I've had another coach come in and see what he can do. This could very well be a systemic flaw, but we won't know that until we allow another basketball mind to coach the team.

    You don't just give up on all this talent without seeing if someone else can make it work. You don't move STAT or Melo just because Antoni can't figure it out. Who the f*** is he????


    The Knicks have talent on top of talent that refuse to coach themselves like
    Nash, Marion, and Stat did in Phoenix each game. Stat & Melo are doing what
    they suppose to do.

    Dantoni is poor in substituting players because in Phoenix he had 5 players that
    average over 32+ minutes per game.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    With the proven talent we have now compare with the track record and carrear stats of the coach...you'll be a fool to get rid of anymore players before we get rid of the coach.

  7. #37
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    we will be saying thank god melo is playing the way he is supposed to play.........When you star player seems disinterested on the court and is somewhat lethargic in his movements as fan you can only get angry...........we traded alot for him and he earns 20 million......he should play his heart out every single second he in the game....I can live with good games and bad games but I cannot live with a lack of effort thats just BS..............
    This is what Melo is, this is what he's been his entire professional career. He gets easily disinterested and takes plays/games off. He is very inconsistent. One moment spectacular, the next moment pathetic.

    How is it that nobody knew of this before the trade? Knick fans are getting the player they asked for. This is who Melo is. Knick fans just saw the ESPN highlights and the star name but didn't know who they were gutting their team for.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think Melo is trying to work w/the system, but I don't think he works well with the p'n'r offense. I actually feel sorry for him a little bit (I know he gets the big bucks and all).

  9. #39
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    This is what Melo is, this is what he's been his entire professional career. He gets easily disinterested and takes plays/games off. He is very inconsistent. One moment spectacular, the next moment pathetic.

    How is it that nobody knew of this before the trade? Knick fans are getting the player they asked for. This is who Melo is. Knick fans just saw the ESPN highlights and the star name but didn't know who they were gutting their team for.
    What are you talking about Melo was never this bad in Denver

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Such a dumb thread this is.

    I usually keep away out of saying bad things, but sometimes I see the peak and I cannot help myself.

  11. #41
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by platnumn
    Such a dumb thread this is.

    I usually keep away out of saying bad things, but sometimes I see the peak and I cannot help myself.
    I see you like Melo's 18 field goal attempts and 7 free throw attempts for 21 points per game, huh?

    Melo is averaging just 7 field goal makes out of his 18 attempts and just 5.5 free throws out of 7 attempts per game.

  12. #42
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I can understand another fire MDA threasd but to include Melo is just idiotic. They always say a player is a product of his system, well in this system he cant play well plain and simple. He started off hot today and was on his way to 40 but got benched and lost his confidence again, he is being asked to be Atlas for New York City.

  13. #43
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    lol funny thread...

    in my opinion its not really fair to blame Carmelo, hes being asked to:

    1) Be the #1 offensive Option

    2) Be the point guard

    3) Be the best rebounder

    4) Play defense

    5) Lead a team full of scrubs

    6) Take the blame from the fans and media

    I think hes done the best he can do, Melo's played with alotta heart. He leads the team in assists per game, he has looked to get his teammates involved.

    With the situation Melo is in and the teammates that he has, its impossible for him to deliver and look good while doing so. The only player in the league that might be able to deliver and reach these high demands is Lebron James, even he would only make it 3 quarters of the way.

    So who should be put in a hefty bag?

    Amarknee Stoudemire has become such a horrible basketball player, he looks like hes an overgrown high school kid trying to fit in with NBA players. Hes officially the most overrated power forward to ever play the game. Chris Bosh and David Lee are both better players then him, Garnetts what...38 years old? Hes still better then Amare. I think Harrelson was on the verge of taking Amare's starting job from him until he got hurt last night.

    Lets just put it this way, if i had a license to kill my bullet would go straight between STats eyes, leaving a whole on the bridge of his nose thats bigger from the abrasions left by his goggles. He barely even has a d*ck
    SMH @ this Stanmelo faggit going out of his way to defend his hero....neg rep

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    SMH @ this Stanmelo faggit going out of his way to defend his hero....neg rep


    +1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •