Official Dump Antoni and Melo Anthony Thread

Who should we throw in a dumpster(fire/trade)?

• Amar'e Stoudemire

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Carmelo Anthony

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Mike Antoni

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Mike Antoni and Carmelo Anthony both need to go.

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

KingofNy

Starter
Let me correct you on the assists. Yes Melo averages 4 assists BUT you also need to account for the times when he passes but it doesn't result in a score. Therefore, he gets 4 assists a game but that's not a true indication of how much he is willing to pass during the game.

Melo is one of the best offensive talents in the league so when the team starts to look flat, his natural instinct is to put them on his back. Perhaps he doesn't need to do this but he does and if that's not what Antoni wants then as coach he should be able to change it. IF he can't then he shouldn't be coach.

This league is funny sometimes. Lebron gets hammered for not being as aggressive as Melo at the end of games and Melo gets criticized for not being more like Lebron.

HAHA you're dead on. When a team starts losing people have to have someone to blame. I blame D'Antoni. Others blame Melo, some blame Stat. In a way, I think we're all somewhat right but mostly wrong.

D'Antoni tried to change up his system to fit Melo/Chandler and it just doesn't work. Our defense has improved because of Chandler and also because we slowed the game up and eat a ton of clock going into the Iso so often. No good defense leaves their bigs to guard pg's on the perimeter. None.

I think the solution to our problems in the short time (other than firing MDA ;) ) is for D'Antoni to go back to his run & gun system, not this hybrid halfcourt chuck em up and hope they fall system. In doing that Melo is going to have a bite a bullet and look for other ways to score other than isolating himself and chucking up triple covered threes. Also, our guys are going to have to start shooting better otherwise all of this is void anyways.

The problem still lies in Chandler. D'Antoni isn't used to playing a true center in his system nor do I think he likes to. He didn't do well in Phoenix with Shaq. (his best season record under a healthy Shaq was 10 games over .500). If Chandler finds a way to fit in that system and Davis returns healthy and playing like his old self, we can get close to what the suns did with Shaq and finish close to 6+ games over .500.

I know guys, lots of what if's but what else can we do to win under this coach? I don't see any way to do so without MDA coaching what he knows...fast break basketball.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I hate to say I told you so. Melo's lookin like Jello. His field goal percentage is Jamal Crawfordish.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Mike Antoni's got Melo shooting Jamal Crawford field goal percentages. SMH

Numbers don't lie. He is shooting 39% and under 30% from 3. 8-15 with him then 2-4 when he is back. The problem is him this year. He took the most shoot and not making any. We will miss the playoff unless he change his me shoot first ego. Send him to the d league!!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I did some math for you, Carmelo scored >30 points in 15 games as a Knick (including 2 in the playoffs), on the other hand in 16 games he scored <20 pts (including 2 in the playoffs). LeBron had 16 >30 points games... this season. :lol:

Last edited:

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
I did some math for you, Carmelo scored >30 points in 15 games as a Knick (including 2 in the playoffs), on the other hand in 16 games he scored <20 pts (including 2 in the playoffs). LeBron had 16 >30 points games... this season. :lol:

Lebron is clearly the better player never questioned this. :agreed: Who ever thinks Melo is the same type of player as Lebron is on :smokin:. If we don't have / keep Melo than who. I am ready to ride the duration of his contract with the hope that he will pan out by at least getting us to a finals.

I have been patient this long and would hate to see them blow up the team just cause we have fans / media who think they are qualified GM's. :2cents:

skisloper

Starter
where will you guys be when he drops 30 on the bulls or heat in the playoffs for the go ahead?

we will be saying thank god melo is playing the way he is supposed to play.........When you star player seems disinterested on the court and is somewhat lethargic in his movements as fan you can only get angry...........we traded alot for him and he earns 20 million......he should play his heart out every single second he in the game....I can live with good games and bad games but I cannot live with a lack of effort thats just BS..............

nyk_nyk

All Star
Start with the system

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like the team we have. I wouldn't even think of blowing it up AT LEAST until I've had another coach come in and see what he can do. This could very well be a systemic flaw, but we won't know that until we allow another basketball mind to coach the team.

You don't just give up on all this talent without seeing if someone else can make it work. You don't move STAT or Melo just because Antoni can't figure it out. Who the f*** is he????

Kiyaman

Legend
Real Talk....since the start of the 2011-12 season Knicks superstars "Stat & Melo"
has been doing their best performance to get headcoach Mike Dantoni FIRED.
Nothing has changed from Stat & Melo performance from early in the season
when all the commentators been putting the Knicks losses BLAME on the need
of a PG. The Knicks has added two decent PG in their rotation, and forced
Mike Dantoni to add two more players to the 8 man rotation he was using in this
hectic tight 66 game schedule, but still the Knicks two superstars Stat & Melo
are sticking to their original-plan to get rid of a Flawed headcoach Dantoni.

Mike Dantoni has to many Flaws in his coaching to get any where near to the
level of coach Spoe & coach Thibs in a series.
Dantoni poor halfcourt-setting on offense annnd defense does not belong in the
eastern conference, plus Dantoni poor strategy of using bigmen really need
coach Patrick Ewing help in making Tyson & Stat a dominating bigman tandem,
and Dantoni's poor strategy to design open jump-shot for Carmelo over smaller
defenders during the game or in a time-out should not only jeopardize Dantoni job
but interim Grunwald job too....for not doing anything about this consistent poor coaching
for 40 games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont blame the Players....FIRE Dantoni

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like the team we have. I wouldn't even think of blowing it up AT LEAST until I've had another coach come in and see what he can do. This could very well be a systemic flaw, but we won't know that until we allow another basketball mind to coach the team.

You don't just give up on all this talent without seeing if someone else can make it work. You don't move STAT or Melo just because Antoni can't figure it out. Who the f*** is he????

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

The Knicks have talent on top of talent that refuse to coach themselves like
Nash, Marion, and Stat did in Phoenix each game. Stat & Melo are doing what
they suppose to do.

Dantoni is poor in substituting players because in Phoenix he had 5 players that
average over 32+ minutes per game.

With the proven talent we have now compare with the track record and carrear stats of the coach...you'll be a fool to get rid of anymore players before we get rid of the coach.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
we will be saying thank god melo is playing the way he is supposed to play.........When you star player seems disinterested on the court and is somewhat lethargic in his movements as fan you can only get angry...........we traded alot for him and he earns 20 million......he should play his heart out every single second he in the game....I can live with good games and bad games but I cannot live with a lack of effort thats just BS..............

This is what Melo is, this is what he's been his entire professional career. He gets easily disinterested and takes plays/games off. He is very inconsistent. One moment spectacular, the next moment pathetic.

How is it that nobody knew of this before the trade? Knick fans are getting the player they asked for. This is who Melo is. Knick fans just saw the ESPN highlights and the star name but didn't know who they were gutting their team for.

red32

Benchwarmer
I think Melo is trying to work w/the system, but I don't think he works well with the p'n'r offense. I actually feel sorry for him a little bit (I know he gets the big bucks and all).

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
This is what Melo is, this is what he's been his entire professional career. He gets easily disinterested and takes plays/games off. He is very inconsistent. One moment spectacular, the next moment pathetic.

How is it that nobody knew of this before the trade? Knick fans are getting the player they asked for. This is who Melo is. Knick fans just saw the ESPN highlights and the star name but didn't know who they were gutting their team for.

What are you talking about Melo was never this bad in Denver

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Such a dumb thread this is.

I usually keep away out of saying bad things, but sometimes I see the peak and I cannot help myself.