Official Dump Antoni and Melo Anthony Thread

Who should we throw in a dumpster(fire/trade)?

• Amar'e Stoudemire

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Carmelo Anthony

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Mike Antoni

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Mike Antoni and Carmelo Anthony both need to go.

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Mike Antoni is a loser. He's 20 games under .500 since getting here.

By the end of this season, he'll be in one of these:
l84064-1.jpg

NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!

1001029_013700219603_A_400.jpg

Lot%20H%20Dumpster.jpg

I like Carmelo Anthony's ability to score in bunches. I don't like his selfishness.

If Anthony can learn how to pass the ball and take less shots, then I'd keep him. This is unlikely, though, so I'd rather trade him while his value is still high.

carmelo-anthony-knicks.jpg

Melo for Dwight Howard is what I'm thinking. Then the Knicks could have a Zach Randolph/Marc Gasol like frontcourt.

Howard can rebound and score in the paint. Stoudemire can shoot from the baseline and free-throw line, as well as drive to the basket for easy layups. I don't know if STAT can dunk at will anymore, since he's 20 lbs heavier. We'll just have to wait and see.

What are your thoughts?

KingofNy

Starter
Melo is far from the problem. This team would have 0 wins without Melo with the way Stat is playing/degressing.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Melo is far from the problem. This team would have 0 wins without Melo with the way Stat is playing/degressing.

Anthony is shooting 40% from the field. He needs to pass the ball more and attempt at least 5 fewer shots per game.

^Arguement can be made Stat has regressed because of Melo, but I see where you're coming from..

I think Antoni's poor coaching and Anthony's inability to get his teammates involved has contributed to Stoudemire's subpar play.

KingofNy

Starter
^Arguement can be made Stat has regressed because of Melo, but I see where you're coming from..

I think it's part Melo, but more the system. Also, I think he regressed because he's a year older/slower and he put on 20 lbs in muscle which slowed his first step which is also hurting his game.

I remember when I used to work out a bunch, it tore my shot up...bad. All the players need to be accountable for their play. BUT Melo & Stat need to take over this team and be leaders as they're not getting ANY leadership from their coach.

KingCharles34

All Star
lol funny thread...

in my opinion its not really fair to blame Carmelo, hes being asked to:

1) Be the #1 offensive Option

2) Be the point guard

3) Be the best rebounder

4) Play defense

5) Lead a team full of scrubs

6) Take the blame from the fans and media

I think hes done the best he can do, Melo's played with alotta heart. He leads the team in assists per game, he has looked to get his teammates involved.

With the situation Melo is in and the teammates that he has, its impossible for him to deliver and look good while doing so. The only player in the league that might be able to deliver and reach these high demands is Lebron James, even he would only make it 3 quarters of the way.

So who should be put in a hefty bag?

Amarknee Stoudemire has become such a horrible basketball player, he looks like hes an overgrown high school kid trying to fit in with NBA players. Hes officially the most overrated power forward to ever play the game. Chris Bosh and David Lee are both better players then him, Garnetts what...38 years old? Hes still better then Amare. I think Harrelson was on the verge of taking Amare's starting job from him until he got hurt last night.

Lets just put it this way, if i had a license to kill my bullet would go straight between STats eyes, leaving a whole on the bridge of his nose thats bigger from the abrasions left by his goggles. He barely even has a d*ck

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
3. This is Tyson's and Amare's work...

4. Yeah, helluva work, play defense...

5. He's the main reason we're a team full of scrubs...

6. Yesterday was the first time this season he admitted he takes the blame for a loss, normally Amare plays this spot.

KingCharles34

All Star
3. This is Tyson's and Amare's work...

4. Yeah, helluva work, play defense...

5. He's the main reason we're a team full of scrubs...

6. Yesterday was the first time this season he admitted he takes the blame for a loss, normally Amare plays this spot.

Yea, Carmelo made the trade. Dolan had nothing to do with, good point

Get the fukk outta here with that disrespecful sh*t

nuckles2k2

Superstar
MDA said he's cool with shooting poor percentages, right after a loss, so....when isn't he cool with it then?

Yea, Melo finally admitted he's taking bad shots, but is he the only one?

Is MDA's "not looking at stats in that manor" Melo's fault as well?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
2 for 12 = 16%

But that's fine according to MDA. Not because I'm an angry fan ranting about him....but because he said it. After a loss. His words.

STAT is shooting 41% this season.
Melo is shooting 40% this season.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Yea, Carmelo made the trade. Dolan had nothing to do with, good point

Get the fukk outta here with that disrespecful sh*t
Did you forget Lamelo pushed us to trade for him? He made it clear that he's not willing to risk the free agency and if the Knicks didn't reach an agreement with Denver he'd resign with the Nets? Of course it was Dolan who made the call, but Lamelo wanted his $$$ over a solid team... Or we got him sending away 3/4 of our roster or he'd be a Net.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
MDA said he's cool with shooting poor percentages, right after a loss, so....when isn't he cool with it then?

Yea, Melo finally admitted he's taking bad shots, but is he the only one?

Is MDA's "not looking at stats in that manor" Melo's fault as well?

What is bothersome is that MD was asked in the postgame interview why Bill Walker did not played more in the second half and he reply was that Walker played 3-4 min in the second half and did not played good and his body language look like is tired so that s the reason he had him benched.

This guy doesnt even know what is talking about. I dont think he even whatches the game but stay on the bench hoping that Melo is going to turn the game around.

Bill Walker played only 2 minutes in the second half did not score and had a turnover ( I think that why he was benched) but up until that point he was red hot going 5/6 fg with for 15 points in 11 minutes. And how can he say he was tired when Walker only played 11 minutes.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol funny thread...

in my opinion its not really fair to blame Carmelo, hes being asked to:

1) Be the #1 offensive Option

2) Be the point guard

3) Be the best rebounder

4) Play defense

5) Lead a team full of scrubs

6) Take the blame from the fans and media

I think hes done the best he can do, Melo's played with alotta heart. He leads the team in assists per game, he has looked to get his teammates involved.

With the situation Melo is in and the teammates that he has, its impossible for him to deliver and look good while doing so. The only player in the league that might be able to deliver and reach these high demands is Lebron James, even he would only make it 3 quarters of the way.

So who should be put in a hefty bag?

Amarknee Stoudemire has become such a horrible basketball player, he looks like hes an overgrown high school kid trying to fit in with NBA players. Hes officially the most overrated power forward to ever play the game. Chris Bosh and David Lee are both better players then him, Garnetts what...38 years old? Hes still better then Amare. I think Harrelson was on the verge of taking Amare's starting job from him until he got hurt last night.

Lets just put it this way, if i had a license to kill my bullet would go straight between STats eyes, leaving a whole on the bridge of his nose thats bigger from the abrasions left by his goggles. He barely even has a d*ck

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was never for signing Stoudemire to begin with. He's overpaid, but the Knicks are stuck with him now. He's got 80 million left on that "hefty" contract.

KingCharles34

All Star
Did you forget Lamelo pushed us to trade for him? He made it clear that he's not willing to risk the free agency and if the Knicks didn't reach an agreement with Denver he'd resign with the Nets? Of course it was Dolan who made the call, but Lamelo wanted his $$$ over a solid team... Or we got him sending away 3/4 of our roster or he'd be a Net.

Im not forgetting that, its just the way I think. You can get caught up in all that he say she say as the Knicks clearly did. Donnie Walsh saw through the bullsh*t, it was really the Nets that drove up the price for Melo. Dolan like the fool he is fell for the bait but i do agree that we got raped in that deal.

Going by what I see on the court and body languages, Amare is the one who doesnt seem to interested in winning. Off the courts a different story, sometimes its hard to tell who's being real and who's just marketing themselves. I think Amare just wants to appear to be dedicated so that he can put that on his resume when he goes for a job in the fashion industry

CA7

Scoring Champ
stupid question how is Melo "selfish" when he leads the team in assist......he's passing more than anybody, STAT and Jorts shoot every time they touch the ball are they selfish......you guys are only blaming Melo because you're living in the past of the trade.....get over it the sooner you do the sooner things get better

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
stupid question how is Melo "selfish" when he leads the team in assist......he's passing more than anybody, STAT and Jorts shoot every time they touch the ball are they selfish......you guys are only blaming Melo because you're living in the past of the trade.....get over it the sooner you do the sooner things get better

Averaging 4 assists, 3 turnovers, and 20 field goal attempts per game is selfish, if you ask me.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Averaging 4 assists, 3 turnovers, and 20 field goal attempts per game is selfish, if you ask me.

Let me correct you on the assists. Yes Melo averages 4 assists BUT you also need to account for the times when he passes but it doesn't result in a score. Therefore, he gets 4 assists a game but that's not a true indication of how much he is willing to pass during the game.

Melo is one of the best offensive talents in the league so when the team starts to look flat, his natural instinct is to put them on his back. Perhaps he doesn't need to do this but he does and if that's not what Antoni wants then as coach he should be able to change it. IF he can't then he shouldn't be coach.

This league is funny sometimes. Lebron gets hammered for not being as aggressive as Melo at the end of games and Melo gets criticized for not being more like Lebron.