View Poll Results: Who should we throw in a dumpster(fire/trade)?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amar'e Stoudemire

4 11.11%
  • Carmelo Anthony

3 8.33%
  • Mike Antoni

19 52.78%
  • Mike Antoni and Carmelo Anthony both need to go.

10 27.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Dump Antoni and Melo Anthony Thread

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    lol funny thread...

in my opinion its not really fair to blame Carmelo, hes being asked to:

1) Be the #1 offensive Option

2) Be the point guard

3) Be the best rebounder

4) Play defense

5) Lead a team full of scrubs

6) Take the blame from the fans and media

I think hes done the best he can do, Melo's played with alotta heart. He leads the team in assists per game, he has looked to get his teammates involved.

With the situation Melo is in and the teammates that he has, its impossible for him to deliver and look good while doing so. The only player in the league that might be able to deliver and reach these high demands is Lebron James, even he would only make it 3 quarters of the way.

So who should be put in a hefty bag?

Amarknee Stoudemire has become such a horrible basketball player, he looks like hes an overgrown high school kid trying to fit in with NBA players. Hes officially the most overrated power forward to ever play the game. Chris Bosh and David Lee are both better players then him, Garnetts what...38 years old? Hes still better then Amare. I think Harrelson was on the verge of taking Amare's starting job from him until he got hurt last night.

Lets just put it this way, if i had a license to kill my bullet would go straight between STats eyes, leaving a whole on the bridge of his nose thats bigger from the abrasions left by his goggles. He barely even has a d*ck

I was never for signing Stoudemire to begin with. He's overpaid, but the Knicks are stuck with him now. He's got 80 million left on that "hefty" contract.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Did you forget Lamelo pushed us to trade for him? He made it clear that he's not willing to risk the free agency and if the Knicks didn't reach an agreement with Denver he'd resign with the Nets? Of course it was Dolan who made the call, but Lamelo wanted his $$$ over a solid team... Or we got him sending away 3/4 of our roster or he'd be a Net.
    Im not forgetting that, its just the way I think. You can get caught up in all that he say she say as the Knicks clearly did. Donnie Walsh saw through the bullsh*t, it was really the Nets that drove up the price for Melo. Dolan like the fool he is fell for the bait but i do agree that we got raped in that deal.

Going by what I see on the court and body languages, Amare is the one who doesnt seem to interested in winning. Off the courts a different story, sometimes its hard to tell who's being real and who's just marketing themselves. I think Amare just wants to appear to be dedicated so that he can put that on his resume when he goes for a job in the fashion industry

stupid question how is Melo "selfish" when he leads the team in assist......he's passing more than anybody, STAT and Jorts shoot every time they touch the ball are they selfish......you guys are only blaming Melo because you're living in the past of the trade.....get over it the sooner you do the sooner things get better

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by CA7
    stupid question how is Melo "selfish" when he leads the team in assist......he's passing more than anybody, STAT and Jorts shoot every time they touch the ball are they selfish......you guys are only blaming Melo because you're living in the past of the trade.....get over it the sooner you do the sooner things get better
    Averaging 4 assists, 3 turnovers, and 20 field goal attempts per game is selfish, if you ask me.

Originally Posted by abcd
    Averaging 4 assists, 3 turnovers, and 20 field goal attempts per game is selfish, if you ask me.
    Let me correct you on the assists. Yes Melo averages 4 assists BUT you also need to account for the times when he passes but it doesn't result in a score. Therefore, he gets 4 assists a game but that's not a true indication of how much he is willing to pass during the game.

Melo is one of the best offensive talents in the league so when the team starts to look flat, his natural instinct is to put them on his back. Perhaps he doesn't need to do this but he does and if that's not what Antoni wants then as coach he should be able to change it. IF he can't then he shouldn't be coach.

This league is funny sometimes. Lebron gets hammered for not being as aggressive as Melo at the end of games and Melo gets criticized for not being more like Lebron.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Let me correct you on the assists. Yes Melo averages 4 assists BUT you also need to account for the times when he passes but it doesn't result in a score. Therefore, he gets 4 assists a game but that's not a true indication of how much he is willing to pass during the game.

Melo is one of the best offensive talents in the league so when the team starts to look flat, his natural instinct is to put them on his back. Perhaps he doesn't need to do this but he does and if that's not what Antoni wants then as coach he should be able to change it. IF he can't then he shouldn't be coach.

This league is funny sometimes. Lebron gets hammered for not being as aggressive as Melo at the end of games and Melo gets criticized for not being more like Lebron.
    HAHA you're dead on. When a team starts losing people have to have someone to blame. I blame D'Antoni. Others blame Melo, some blame Stat. In a way, I think we're all somewhat right but mostly wrong.

D'Antoni tried to change up his system to fit Melo/Chandler and it just doesn't work. Our defense has improved because of Chandler and also because we slowed the game up and eat a ton of clock going into the Iso so often. No good defense leaves their bigs to guard pg's on the perimeter. None.

I think the solution to our problems in the short time (other than firing MDA ) is for D'Antoni to go back to his run & gun system, not this hybrid halfcourt chuck em up and hope they fall system. In doing that Melo is going to have a bite a bullet and look for other ways to score other than isolating himself and chucking up triple covered threes. Also, our guys are going to have to start shooting better otherwise all of this is void anyways.

The problem still lies in Chandler. D'Antoni isn't used to playing a true center in his system nor do I think he likes to. He didn't do well in Phoenix with Shaq. (his best season record under a healthy Shaq was 10 games over .500). If Chandler finds a way to fit in that system and Davis returns healthy and playing like his old self, we can get close to what the suns did with Shaq and finish close to 6+ games over .500.

I know guys, lots of what if's but what else can we do to win under this coach? I don't see any way to do so without MDA coaching what he knows...fast break basketball.

KnicksonLIN.com

Mike Antoni's got Melo shooting Jamal Crawford field goal percentages. SMH

KnicksonLIN.com

I hate to say I told you so. Melo's lookin like Jello. His field goal percentage is Jamal Crawfordish.

we have to be the most negative fan base in the world

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    Easily. Also the most emotional

That can be good though.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    Not the most negative but the most Bi-polar....

There are no in betweens.....its either we suck or we are great,,,,,,

Thats NY and thats the way we were bred.....

Originally Posted by abcd
    Mike Antoni's got Melo shooting Jamal Crawford field goal percentages. SMH
    Numbers don't lie. He is shooting 39% and under 30% from 3. 8-15 with him then 2-4 when he is back. The problem is him this year. He took the most shoot and not making any. We will miss the playoff unless he change his me shoot first ego. Send him to the d league!!

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

where will you guys be when he drops 30 on the bulls or heat in the playoffs for the go ahead?

I did some math for you, Carmelo scored >30 points in 15 games as a Knick (including 2 in the playoffs), on the other hand in 16 games he scored <20 pts (including 2 in the playoffs). LeBron had 16 >30 points games... this season.
    Last edited by Lercher; Mar 07, 2012 at 08:04.