Kanye disses NAS

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i got this from another forum

http://members.lycos.co.uk/hasclick/interview_kanye1.jpg

Juice:
Is College Dropout a perfect album for you?
K.W.:
Perfect? I don't know. 5 Mics? Yes indeed. The only album I would give 5 Mics except mine is Jay's 'Blueprint'. And tell me, who produced the best songs on it? There you go! I mean, who do you want to give 5 Mics? Tell me one reason why I don't deserve 5 Mics? Peoples say there's better rappers than me, but what does that show? I mean, Ras Kass is a good rapper. But all his albums suck. Has Nas done an album that was as good as mine? Before this issue you had him on the cover and gave him a 10 page story. I heard, he has many fans in Germany, but why? Because you love losers?

i had a really good oppinion about him but what can i say.. jay-z's influence is too strong

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
kanye needs to shut his mouth, still amtic and illmatic were both better then college dropout

but no disrespect to kanye college droput was tight and it had some real soulful beats. Kanye's prob my fav producer next to dre

WiL8000

Rotation player
Kanye's album doesn't match illmatic by Nas, period. I'm not saying it isn't good, cause it is. I'd agree to that Nas hasn't made as good of an album since his first two. Sorry to those who are into all the rap of today, but none of it compares to the HipHop of the nineties and eighties. There is no substance. It's all about flossing they're sh-t, it's gone pop. Once in a while a song or two comes out that I'm feeling otherwise no. Rap music was my first love, growing up in Nyc, but I'm sorry to see where it's going. "Ain't the Same" by KRS-One describes perfectly where alot of rap is headed.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i honestly thought kanye had some really good potential judging by some of his mixtape work and some of the tracks on his album (nothing that has a video or mainstream really). Now im just dissapointed

rady

Administrator
Staff member
WiL8000 said:
Sorry to those who are into all the rap of today, but none of it compares to the HipHop of the nineties and eighties. There is no substance. It's all about flossing they're sh-t, it's gone pop.

you're right, if you just take a look at eminem's new single (just lose it) you can see the clown he transformed himself into. and that's sad

gr@n@t@

Rookie
look, i think that kanye is great....his songs are cool& he has attitude....indeed,hova's influence on him is huge...probably that's the reason why he spoke the way he spoke......nas is huge, jay's huge...but kanye's not yet huge.....