What needs to change?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Well it would be quicker to say what doesn't!

People will go overboard on Melo putting up too many shots but with MA as the coach what is the alternative? I can't remember the last time we did anything but ISO for pretty much an entire game.

Then there is the new soft man of the NBA. If you want to see what MA is capable of with a powerful big when the lunatics are allowed to run the asylum look no further than our new Frankenstein monster Amar'e Boshemire.

Shumpert was flying, he was confident and relaxed but with a strange leadership quality for a rookie.... enter the malevolator that is MA.

Fields again clearly has the talent but ... well you know the score.

What about Chandler? One of the best defensive bigs in the league, one of the best locker room guys and leaders and what is he now? A zone defender that is easily pulled into man to man due to the fact no one else can pick up even a cold.

This team is a joke, this coach is a joke. We need a new coach, a new owner and a new direction. I believe with the new coach and GM we will be able to revive the franchise, with a new owner we will be able to sustain that revival.

I'm not even mad at Gallinari. It must have felt good for him to win that game since it was him who had to fall on the sword for Melo to come here. Don't get me wrong I like Melo a lot and I do think he is worth what we gave up for him BUT the fact that we didn't have to give that up and the fact that we also lost Donnie as well? Far too heavy a price to pay.

MA is incompetent and Boshemire and Melo have got theirs and that was all that mattered to them.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Well it would be quicker to say what doesn't!

People will go overboard on Melo putting up too many shots but with MA as the coach what is the alternative? I can't remember the last time we did anything but ISO for pretty much an entire game.

Then there is the new soft man of the NBA. If you want to see what MA is capable of with a powerful big when the lunatics are allowed to run the asylum look no further than our new Frankenstein monster Amar'e Boshemire.

Shumpert was flying, he was confident and relaxed but with a strange leadership quality for a rookie.... enter the malevolator that is MA.

Fields again clearly has the talent but ... well you know the score.

What about Chandler? One of the best defensive bigs in the league, one of the best locker room guys and leaders and what is he now? A zone defender that is easily pulled into man to man due to the fact no one else can pick up even a cold.

This team is a joke, this coach is a joke. We need a new coach, a new owner and a new direction. I believe with the new coach and GM we will be able to revive the franchise, with a new owner we will be able to sustain that revival.

I'm not even mad at Gallinari. It must have felt good for him to win that game since it was him who had to fall on the sword for Melo to come here. Don't get me wrong I like Melo a lot and I do think he is worth what we gave up for him BUT the fact that we didn't have to give that up and the fact that we also lost Donnie as well? Far too heavy a price to pay.

MA is incompetent and Boshemire and Melo have got theirs and that was all that mattered to them.

Start with a new coach.
Then have Amare sit in a room and watch the highlights how he actually moves out of the way to allow a lay-up.
Then have Melo watch as he is triple teamed and does not pass the ball. George Karl must have been hysterical...they triple teamed him. Not showing no respect for TD or Fields but rather knowing Melo would never pass.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Dolan is very stubborn and cares only about $$$ which makes it very difficult to find a general manager candidate who knows how to play with this kind of owner and be successful running a franchise. Walsh was a great GM, unfortunately his intentions didn't exactly meet Dolan's thoughts what created the post blockbuster mess we're now dealing with. Grunwald runs the show too short to say how will we look like at the end of the season... And coach is yet another story, D'Antoni is as useless as can be, many users of this board would be doing a better job... let's say I give D'Antoni around a dozen games with healthy Baron, if nothing changes I'll be surprised if Dolan won't fire him...

KingofNy

Starter
Is there any chance in hell that we could get Jeff van gundy back?

That should be plan 1b and we all already know plan a.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dolan went after a guy like Mike Malone just because of their past together. Right now I think anyone's got to be better than D'Antoni...Seriously. I wouldn't mind if we just promoted Mike Woodson until something better comes along.

Thugball

Benchwarmer
My dream scenarios...
Dolan sells team:smokin:
D'Antoni Fired...This should happen now
Hire Van Gundy

then either...

Draft Kendall Marshall

Marshall/Douglas
Fields/Shumpert
Melo/Balkman
STAT/MLE