Stephen A: Magic Enquire About Chandler & Amar'e. Really?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
@ 2:02, Stephen A Smith, who is beyond pissed off with this team right now, throws this spanner in the works.

Do I believe him? No I do not believe him. He's a big fan of this team, like him or not, and I think he's ready to stir things up by fabricating that this actually happened.

He said that players who look like they don't wanna be on the floor HAVE TO GO! That's Melo. Dude is whining but not dining.

He makes some good points, but **** me, does he have to be so loud!? Jesus.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7490472&s=nyc

Last edited:
Crazy⑧s;198417 said:
@ 2:02, Stephen A Smith, who is beyond pissed off with this team right now, throws this spanner in the works.

Do I believe him? No I do not believe him. He's a big fan of this team, like him or not, and I think he's ready to stir things up by fabricating that this actually happened.

He said that players who look like they don't wanna be on the floor HAVE TO GO! That's Melo. Dude is whining but not dining.

He makes some good points, but **** me, does he have to be so loud!? Jesus.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7490472&s=nyc

I love the fact that he's so loud, that's exactly the way the players on our roster should be treated!

No more fun and smiles shit, this is serious. They all need a kick up the ass, especially Stoudemire for his diva like behaviour.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Stephen A.

Stephen A. appears to be somewhat ticked-off! As are we all.

In another thread starter there was a graphic of Melo with just under three seconds on the clock surrounded by three defenders. At least two other Knicks were wide open. Why would Denver defend that way? Had Melo passed and Fields or Douglas made the shot, Denver would have been criticized for leaving the two of them open. I believe Karl, from his experience with Melo, knew that Melo was not likely to think about passing.

There is no question that Melo is a premier offensive force and the kind of player you certainly want with the ball when one more score is essential. But Melo is stubborn. His penchant for stopping the ball with tunnel vision toward the basket, even though he can be a great passer, makes defenses focus on him despite the danger of leaving others open more than perhaps they would for other super stars willing to engage their team mates. The result is that Melo is forced to take difficult low percentage shots.

Melo is and has always been selfish and that is probably because he has always been the best player on his team, If any one can do it, he can do it. He has to lose some of his arrogance. A willingness to pass to a team mate when he is doubled or tripled will make it less likely that he will be doubled or tripled. But MDA has to design plays to get others open and the others have to execute.

I do not know what the hell is wrong with Amare and my expectations for Baron are probably unwarranted. Finally, I am just as upset as Stephen A.

Last edited:

fender0577

Rotation player

In another thread starter there was a graphic of Melo with just under three seconds on the clock surrounded by three defenders. At least two other Knicks were wide open. Why would Denver defend that way? Had Melo passed and Fields or Douglas made the shot, Denver would have been criticized for leaving the two of them open. I believe Karl, from his experience with Melo, knew that Melo was not likely to think about passing.

There is no question that Melo is a premier offensive force and the kind of player you certainly want with the ball when one more score is essential. But Melo is stubborn. His penchant for stopping the ball with tunnel vision toward the basket, even though he can be a great passer, makes defenses focus on him despite the danger of leaving others open more than perhaps they would for other super stars willing to engage their team mates. The result is that Melo is forced to take difficult low percentage shots.

Melo is and has always been selfish and that is probably because he has always been the best player on his team, If any one can do it, he can do it. He has to lose some of his arrogance. A willingness to pass to a team mate when he is doubled or tripled will make it less likely that he will be doubled or tripled. But MDA has to design plays to get others open and the others have to execute.

I do not know what the hell is wrong with Amare and my expectations for Baron are probably unwarranted. Finally, I am just as upset as Stephen A.
Totally agreed.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
On a related topic, anyone else notice how mr Renaissance Man has been extra quiet on the twitter front the last few days! As has Melo and Iman! Being humbled and brought back down to earth is a biatch! Especially for divas like him!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

It's not that Melo is FORCED to take a low percentage shot. He chooses to do so because of his killer instinct.

How many times did STAT screen and roll, waiting for a pass only to get crap from Melo?

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's not that Melo is FORCED to take a low percentage shot. He chooses to do so because of his killer instinct.

How many times did STAT screen and roll, waiting for a pass only to get crap from Melo?

If that's the case then Amare needs to say something! Not correcting things like that does equal damage.

Kiyaman

Legend

That is not the first time u seen our offense in that same situation with a few
seconds on the clock, u seen it with Duhon several times, Harrington several
times, Felton several times, and in the postseason game when Melo threw
the ball to Jefferies for the last-shot.
Some peeps never paid attention to that HS offense we been using the past
4 seasons because we were bailed out by hitting a 3-ball.

That pic showed u the only offense we used the past 4 seasons.
The question about that pic that no one has mention is....
when u have less than 6 seconds on the shot clock where should 7.0 Tyson
Chandler be position at? on the Bulls Chandler were the high screen for Ben
Gordon....on the Hornets Chandler were the high screen for CP3....on the Mavs
Chandler were the high screen for Kidd or Dirk.

Stephen A Smith should shut the F....up about our star-players refusing to
coach this Knicks team for a flawed clueless headcoach who got all the
credit for "Marion & Nash" coaching the Phoenix Suns.

Lastseason it was not PG-Felton pick n roll with Stat, or Felton's floor
leadership in this same wide-offense that kept the Knicks a 500% team....
It was the Knicks strongest threat of shooting 26+ shots per game from the
3-ball line having "SIX" different option of hot shooting peremeter players that
were gradually getting comfortable as cohesive-teammates (confident-teammates)
in "Shawn/Gallo/Will/Walker/TD/and Felton" getting hot at the 3-ball line.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You know, now that I think about it, if Orlando is going to trade Dwight Howard for STAT and Chandler, we should probably do it.

Gives us D12, Melo, and with Chandler's contract gone I think we might be able to sign D-Will as a free agent. D-Will, Melo, D12 as a big 3? Who knows, just coming up with ideas here.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Not only I want to include Andersen in the trade lets try swing Turk for Mo-Will in the trade also. Remember we can resign Mo or go for Deron next season.

Orlando get Chandler Stat Walker
Knicks get Howard Mo-Will Andersen Gomes
Clippers get Turk Fields Jordan

Sign Rasheed Wallace 2.5mil & Keith Bogan 1.4mil

believe or not bc of the pg quality & experience,chemistry will come along quicker than later and rely on BD being savior is after thought with 10-12 minutes night. I think we match well against Heat

Mo-Will Shumpert Melo Andersen Howard
BD Bogan Gomes Jorts Wallace
Douglas Jeffries IR Balkman

this trade will allow Melo operate inside where he can dominate in space with no help defender. nobody is going to leave Howard to double Melo and with Shooter Mo Shumpert Melo teams would hestiate to rotate. Knicks will create easier bucket for everyone. Mo and Andersen will spread the court. Having 3 people occupy the interior like we have now allow teams to collapse on us. Gomes can also provide post presense similiar to Melo with Jorts and Wallace shooting ability. Bogan BD Shumpert can knock open the court as well. With bench led by BD and Wallace with savy vets Bogan Gomes Jeffries and Jorts Douglas we would be the deepest and most talent team in the NBA.

KingofNy

Starter

Have you been watching Stat's pick & rolls? There more like run, stop, act like he's about to set a screen, then gallop to the basket. He's not getting the ball on the cut because he's not setting good screens and he's not cutting hard to the basket. I've seen better run pick & roll's in a middle-school lunchtime pickup game.

Paul1355

All Star
We should see how Davis does because we still haven't seen this team with a legit healthy PG yet that is better than Douglas who does nothing and Shump who is a 2 guard.

A decent legit pass first PG would make these guys better and make the offense fluid so lets see first....

BUT

I would def trade Amare and Chandler for Dwight. Throw in Fields and Douglas

If Amare is still playing bad when we have Davis back then we should trade him and Chandler for D12 in a heartbeat. I'd feel bad for Chandler though, he has more heart than anyone else on the team.